Hide background
READ THIS!

Welcome to the Otherkinphenomena forum.

You really have to follow these instructions! Instructions will update as you progress.

If you wish to post on, or access most of the content of our forum and our community, please click here to register first, then follow the instructions below. If you have already registered, please log in, in the above "Hello There, Guest!" box.

Thanks for understanding and see you around.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Reincarnation?
Rixem
In an Ongoing Existential Crisis
Kintype: Unsure
Otherkin: Yes
Contribution: tick 

Question Reincarnation?
I know there are people who are 100% sure reincarnation exists & there are people who are 100% sure it doesn't. I'm curious why/why not

I'm personally in the middle; I see no reason why it CAN'T exist. The idea of a consciousness inhabiting a physical form more than once doesn't seem any more surprising than the idea of a consciousness ever inhabiting a physical form at all.

(If anyone's curious what my PFP is, I had a dream I saw mother nature once & she looked like this.)
2022-11-23 19:52
Find
Give Thanks
Observant Demon
Fly on the wall
Kintype: Demonae
Otherkin: Unsure
Contribution: new

RE: Reincarnation?
I think that what is needed is real research into reincarnation that focuses on evidence rather than anecdote.
All too often whenever we see accounts on reincarnation -especially from children- is that the information is often gleaned from what parents say or what kids observe. Children are quite adept at absorbing what they see, hear and are told and if very young they seem to lack the discernment on what they heard is true or not.

As for adults, we are so inundated with input from media -especially that which we are drawn to- that our minds tend to incorporate that into our sub-conscious so it is hard to decipher valid information from imaginary.

Also our understanding of the energetic realm is not well understood, in my view, so no one has been able to satisfactorily explain how the memories of one life can be imprinted/stored in the soul then carried over to the next incarnation.

I drew my own avatar

Watch your thoughts, they become words.
Watch your words, they become actions.
Watch your actions, they become habits.
Watch your habits, they become character.
Watch your character, for it becomes your destiny.
2022-11-27 22:16
Find
Give Thanks
Rixem
In an Ongoing Existential Crisis
Kintype: Unsure
Otherkin: Yes
Contribution: tick 

(2022-11-27 22:16)Observant Demon Wrote:  I think that what is needed is real research into reincarnation that focuses on evidence rather than anecdote.
All too often whenever we see accounts on reincarnation -especially from children- is that the information is often gleaned from what parents say or what kids observe. Children are quite adept at absorbing what they see, hear and are told and if very young they seem to lack the discernment on what they heard is true or not.

What kind of evidence would you propose needs to be studied?

I personally think there are too many factors to ever design a proper experiment on reincarnation:
* How are we going to gather information? As you said, kids are great at copying & imagining. So maybe they aren't the best test subjects. But what if getting older makes you loose your memory of past lives?
* What if reincarnation is real, but it's not possible to recover memories?
* What if reincarnation is real, but you only come to Earth once (and go somewhere else for another life)?
* How do we know the difference between past life memories & false memories? There's no way to control that

(2022-11-27 22:16)Observant Demon Wrote:  As for adults, we are so inundated with input from media -especially that which we are drawn to- that our minds tend to incorporate that into our sub-conscious so it is hard to decipher valid information from imaginary.
True. But there's no way to stop all outside stimuli until the person's old enough to describe their memories (if any). Trying to would be unethical & probably wouldn't work anyway.

(2022-11-27 22:16)Observant Demon Wrote:  Also our understanding of the energetic realm is not well understood, in my view, so no one has been able to satisfactorily explain how the memories of one life can be imprinted/stored in the soul then carried over to the next incarnation.
I still consider it reincarnation even if memories don't come with the soul. But we don't know if souls even exist either.

(If anyone's curious what my PFP is, I had a dream I saw mother nature once & she looked like this.)
2022-12-01 3:00
Find
Give Thanks
Observant Demon
Fly on the wall
Kintype: Demonae
Otherkin: Unsure
Contribution: new

(2022-12-01 3:00)Rixem Wrote:  What kind of evidence would you propose needs to be studied?

I personally think there are too many factors to ever design a proper experiment on reincarnation:
* How are we going to gather information? As you said, kids are great at copying & imagining. So maybe they aren't the best test subjects. But what if getting older makes you loose your memory of past lives?
* What if reincarnation is real, but it's not possible to recover memories?
* What if reincarnation is real, but you only come to Earth once (and go somewhere else for another life)?
* How do we know the difference between past life memories & false memories? There's no way to control that

Aye..therein lies the issue in there are SO many factors and obstacles that it would be difficult if not nearly impossible to discern what memories are real and what ones are just poorly recalled events from the past or media.

Even hypnosis can be dubious if the sub-conscious mind is also influenced by media that unwittingly serves to sway a perception on reincarnation or plays on a persons desires.

Very tricky indeed so what can we actually rely on? Is there any part of our sub-conscious that can actually lend truthful insight without being influenced and swayed by outside sources?

I drew my own avatar

Watch your thoughts, they become words.
Watch your words, they become actions.
Watch your actions, they become habits.
Watch your habits, they become character.
Watch your character, for it becomes your destiny.
2022-12-01 16:23
Find
Give Thanks