Hide background
READ THIS!

Welcome to the Otherkinphenomena forum.

You really have to follow these instructions! Instructions will update as you progress.

If you wish to post on, or access most of the content of our forum and our community, please click here to register first, then follow the instructions below. If you have already registered, please log in, in the above "Hello There, Guest!" box.

Thanks for understanding and see you around.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Regeneration
Varkadevi
Copy cat
Kintype:
Otherkin:
Contribution: tick 

Regeneration
For those accustomed to an incorporeal existence, what knowledge is available on the "healing process". For example, if one's body was damaged to an extent of a crippled/destroyed appendage, how would this be dealt with? Is there a means/skill to regenerate these injuries entirely?

“A considerable percentage of the people we meet on the street are people who are empty inside, that is, they are actually already dead. It is fortunate for us that we do not see and do not know it.”
- G.I. Gurdjieff
2009-04-03 10:46
Find
Give Thanks
Motley
Elephant in the room
Kintype:
Otherkin:
Contribution: tick tick 

Re: Regeneration
You mean like repairing energy structures, not physical ones?

Naturally it depends on how important the lost appendage was to the overall structure and how the energy being is structured to begin with. Speaking in terms of my current etheric body, because that's what I have most experience with now...I've had some wounds that looked really horrible heal up in a matter of hours or days, and others that look minor to begin with that last for months. Maybe it depends on if the pattern is redundantly stored in some other uninjured part or not. If it is, then access to some compatible energy type should speed healing. If not, you might be hosed. Maybe then you'd seek out one of your brothers so you can recreate the pattern, or your shaper if you have one. You might even be able to graft an entirely new pattern onto the old spot if it's compatible, but this might cause mismatch problems down the road.

Pure speculation of course...just throwing out ideas.

[Image: motleybanner2.png]
"I inherited the spirit of the sun. I'll meet you when the day breaks through. It's time to shine and make all your dreams come true. Come on, wish upon a dog star!" -Hybrid
2009-04-03 18:32
Find
Give Thanks
Rain
Eager beaver
Kintype:
Otherkin:

Mmm...

From my own point of view, losing an appendage means it wasn't worth the space. Yes, I could go through the process of fixing it or forming an exact duplicate, but all-in-all, it was just far more convenient to just get an entirely new limb instead, one that is harder to remove or more useful. Take a bad situation and turn it into a good one.

Anything vital, such as my torso, head, etc. regenerate almost instantly unless a specific kind of energy is used to damage it. Anything not so vital, such as legs, don't really grow back at all unless I want them to, and it is not nearly as fast because it's not nearly as important.

But this is all based on my "what-if" scenarios to get an answer.

If you want one that has more basis to it, then here it is :

A creature with a humanoid-esque form tried to possess me, and in so doing lost his left side from the side of his neck down in a diagonal shape almost to his hip. In all the instances I have seen of him after that experience, his energy level is much, much lower than it was when he was "complete" and what was taken from him is still absent from his body.

So it probably also depends on just what kind of being you are talking about here. Some seem to be able to do it naturally, and some seem unable to do it at all.

~~~
2009-04-03 21:27
Find
Give Thanks
Deros
High School/College Student
Kintype:
Otherkin:

My question to this would be how an energy being would be injured in the first place. Krae and Yri can both remember being weakened, and bodies that they have assumed have been damaged, but their basic energy state has never been injured to their knowledge.

[Image: Banner-1.jpg]
I would have learned a lot from life if I hadn't spent most of my time being educated.
2009-04-06 4:25
Find
Give Thanks
Rain
Eager beaver
Kintype:
Otherkin:

Mmm? The simplest way to injure an energy being, as far as I am aware, is disrupting their energy. Whether you use your own energy or simply take theirs, it's not much more difficult to harm an energy being than it is an organic being, it's just usually not as permanent or fatal.

~~~
2009-04-06 6:13
Find
Give Thanks
Motley
Elephant in the room
Kintype:
Otherkin:

Mythologically speaking...if you cut off a god's hand, or injure them in some other typical way, it's no big deal. If you cut off a head, or gouge out an eye, then they're either out of luck or it needs to be replaced with something else. So it seems to depend on what part is injured. But of course these stories play fast and loose with the rules, if in fact there are any rules at all. Mythology also seems a bit hazy on whether the gods were corporeal to begin with or not.

-shrugs-

[Image: motleybanner2.png]
"I inherited the spirit of the sun. I'll meet you when the day breaks through. It's time to shine and make all your dreams come true. Come on, wish upon a dog star!" -Hybrid
2009-04-07 0:12
Find
Give Thanks
Miniar
Artist
Kintype:
Otherkin:
Contribution: tick tick tick tick 

Depends on the pantheon in question, the god in question, and the mythology in question.

[Image: Signiature.jpg]
"Those who can't approach discussion with a basic level of intelligence and maturity shouldn't expect to be taken seriously." ~ Qualia Soup
2009-04-07 12:55
Find
Give Thanks
simim23
Eager beaver
Kintype:
Otherkin:

Varkadevi Wrote:For those accustomed to an incorporeal existence, what knowledge is available on the "healing process". For example, if one's body was damaged to an extent of a crippled/destroyed appendage, how would this be dealt with? Is there a means/skill to regenerate these injuries entirely?

As far as I know, as long as a shred of me existed, I could not be destroyed.
I'd just feed off whatever until I regained energy.
I had appendages, but only temporarily.

I dunno if I've said it on here or not, but part of me wonders if I was/am really just a part of something bigger, in the sense that if I was destroyed, I am merely an "appendage" of something else. o.O

Simim: Rainbow poop at your disservice.
[Image: 313pq88.png]
2009-04-07 22:56
Find
Give Thanks
Rain
Eager beaver
Kintype:
Otherkin:

simim23 Wrote:
Varkadevi Wrote:For those accustomed to an incorporeal existence, what knowledge is available on the "healing process". For example, if one's body was damaged to an extent of a crippled/destroyed appendage, how would this be dealt with? Is there a means/skill to regenerate these injuries entirely?

As far as I know, as long as a shred of me existed, I could not be destroyed.
I'd just feed off whatever until I regained energy.
I had appendages, but only temporarily.

I dunno if I've said it on here or not, but part of me wonders if I was/am really just a part of something bigger, in the sense that if I was destroyed, I am merely an "appendage" of something else. o.O

It doesn't seem impossible at all that that can happen, Simim -- just look at Starfish. As long as the "central disk" (point of consciousness or, for energy beings, I suppose, the "source") is cut along with the detached piece, the detached piece will regenerate completely into another of the organism it was cut from.

~~~
2009-04-08 1:03
Find
Give Thanks
Seraphyna
Administrator
Kintype:
Otherkin:
Contribution: tick tick tick tick tick tick tick 

*goes off on a starfish tangent*

I'm still amused that sailors, thinking they're all smart and gonna kill off the predators of their main source of income, ripped every starfish they caught in half before throwing it overboard...guess how that one turned out? Yup...population doubled. Silly sailors.

As for the topic at hand...I suppose it would depend on what your personal beliefs are surrounding energetic beings. Personally, damaging energy in any kind of permanent way just doesn't make sense to me personally. I guess it would depend on whether or not you think the being itself has the energy to rebuild itself so to speak...to fix whatever damage is done (if it can be done in the first place). For me personally, I don't think it would be easy to damage me (assume by "me" I'm referring to my true form or whatever) and I think that basically any damage sustained I could easily repair.

[Image: seraphyna11_zps47e1e313.png]
"All that is gold does not glitter, not all those who wander are lost."-Tolkien
"All that we see or seem is but a dream within a dream."-Poe
2009-04-08 2:26
Find
Give Thanks