Hide background
READ THIS!

Welcome to the Otherkinphenomena forum.

You really have to follow these instructions! Instructions will update as you progress.

If you wish to post on, or access most of the content of our forum and our community, please click here to register first, then follow the instructions below. If you have already registered, please log in, in the above "Hello There, Guest!" box.

Thanks for understanding and see you around.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Recollections of Samael?
Feral
Copy cat
Kintype:
Otherkin:
Contribution: tick 

Recollections of Samael?
This message says nothing.
2008-02-18 5:00
Find
Give Thanks
Deros
High School/College Student
Kintype:
Otherkin:
Contribution: tick tick 

Re: Recollections of Samael?
My first impression is young, but dependable.

[Image: Banner-1.jpg]
I would have learned a lot from life if I hadn't spent most of my time being educated.
2008-02-18 14:08
Find
Give Thanks
Xanthus
Computer Guy
Kintype:
Otherkin:

Ah, is it Monday already?

[Image: Xanthus.png]
LONG LIVE THE COMMUNITY!!!
2008-02-18 14:19
Find
Give Thanks
Sachael
Medical Lab Technology (MLT) student at MedTech College (Greenwood), hoping to eventually specialize in neonatology.
Kintype:
Otherkin:

Not to offend anyone, but he and I did NOT get along. I always found him rather annoying. *debates whether to go into greater detail or not* Feral, if you want the nitty-gritty of that whole situation, feel free to PM me; I don't feel like discussing it in public.

"There are hundreds of ways to kneel and kiss the ground."

dunno who said this, but i thought it was cool
2008-02-18 14:21
Find
Give Thanks
Terro
Gymnastics instructor and lifeguard
Kintype:
Otherkin:
Contribution: tick tick tick tick 

If we're talking about the Samael, another of the very, very many names that the entity has been referred to, then yes I do believe I knew him.

I have said in a few different parts of the forum what I believe on the matter, but I might as well re-post them here.

Samael is the proper spelling of the name Samael.

I do not believe any single name that any of us know is the true name for the entity, Angels as I have met are notorious for not really caring about names and being labeled different things by mankind, which is why so many of the names have appropriate meanings in their translations.

I believe that Samael is the entity known as... The adversary, The Prince of Darkness, the Lord of Lies, the Great Beast that is called Dragon, Lucifer, Satan, Enemy of God, the Devil, the Morning Star... the list goes on... whether I agree with most of those names, that's another issue, I refer to this entity as Morning Star, anywhere I put it, so from here on out, when I say Morning Star, I am referring to the first Fallen Angel, yadda yadda, first Angel in Heaven, yadda yadda, highest and most glorious of the host, yadda yadda yadda...

Morning Star as many sources say, was the best, brightest and most glorious not to mention the oldest of the Host of Heaven. Morning Star was head of the Choir of Powers according to St. Thomas Aquinas (and is the reason for the great training and high efficiency of that choir in its duties). Morning Star was said to have wings the color of silver and skin the color of sea foam, no Angel shown more with the glory of the Creator than he. Morning Star was a military commander who took orders and answered only to the Creator, his purpose was to receive direction from the Creator and report it to the appropriate parts of the Host as well as lead the move to fulfill the Creator's will.

It is believed that at some point, Morning Star disagreed, or disobeyed, sources are not clear as to how or why. The most common is that Morning Star fell victim to Hubris and wished to be worshiped for his greatness and took on the Creator, others originating in texts discovered in Turkey tell a different story, that Morning Star loved the Creator so greatly that he could not in his pride bring himself to serve any other being, and thus refused to obey the order to serve mankind. Either way, Morning Star Fell, and many others did with him.

I believe the Morning Star is the oldest of all Angels, the greatest of all Angels, and I agree with the texts that state he loved the Creator so greatly that he refused to serve any other being. I believe this was intended, and was part of the way Morning Star was created. I do not believe Morning Star was instructed to, but that the Creator knew he would of his own accord. I believe this was necessary for their to be true free will for anyone, if no one had ever disagreed, it is a definite deterrent to anyone wishing to be first. I believe this disagreement was genuine and not ordered, if it were ordered it would be a facade, and if there is one thing I believe most strongly about the Creator, it is that nothing done by the Creator is done without being genuine.

The maximum effective range of an excuse is zero meters.
-The Unit
2008-02-18 14:33
Find
Give Thanks
Xanthus
Computer Guy
Kintype:
Otherkin:

Is there any way we could possibly merge all the "Does anyone know ________ about Samael/Lucifer/Satan/etc?" threads? There seems to be at least one a week pop up and I can see that getting out of hand real quick.

[Image: Xanthus.png]
LONG LIVE THE COMMUNITY!!!
2008-02-18 14:34
Find
Give Thanks
Deros
Kintype:
Otherkin:

In spite of and perhaps slightly because of Terro's commentary, my impression hasn't changed. Despite chronological age, Samael strikes me as being young. I can't say exactly why. He just seems... fresh, you could say.

I would have learned a lot from life if I hadn't spent most of my time being educated.
2008-02-18 14:57
Find
Give Thanks
Terro
Kintype:
Otherkin:

The other thing is this, Samael is just a word, how many individuals might have been called Samael?

-The Unit
2008-02-18 15:02
Find
Give Thanks
Deros
Kintype:
Otherkin:

Yes, but how many people ARE Samael? You may name a dozen, a hundred, or even a thousand people Deros, but I'll still be the only one who IS Deros, down to my very being. Just because Lucifer has so many names, doesn't mean he doesn't embody all of of them.

EDIT: It just occured to me that I may have just been going through a reference link-up in my mind. You're free to take or leave my above statement.

2008-02-18 15:15
Find
Give Thanks
Terro
Kintype:
Otherkin:

very true, all those names were given for a reason.

-The Unit
2008-02-18 19:50
Find
Give Thanks