Hide background
READ THIS!

Welcome to the Otherkinphenomena forum.

You really have to follow these instructions! Instructions will update as you progress.

If you wish to post on, or access most of the content of our forum and our community, please click here to register first, then follow the instructions below. If you have already registered, please log in, in the above "Hello There, Guest!" box.

Thanks for understanding and see you around.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
RENAMED: What counts as a multiple?
avarin
New
Kintype:
Otherkin:
Contribution:

RENAMED: What counts as a multiple?
what counts as a multiple? there are two distinct voices in my mind one Is a felmale that calls herself Annicka and a male? I know I should know better and I probibly already know the answer.
2008-06-03 0:43
Find
Give Thanks
momo
Elephant in the room
Kintype:
Otherkin:
Contribution: tick tick 

Re: question
avarin Wrote:what counts as a multiple?

There is an article written by The Garnet Host in this subforum entitled "Multiplicity: What and How". I suggest you read it; it definitely helped me out a lot during discoveries.

Multiple, as you may know, is more than one. If there are two or more distinct people in the system, yes, that is multiplicity.

avarin Wrote:there are two distinct voices in my mind one Is a felmale that calls herself Annicka and a male?

Has Annicka ever 'fronted' or took control of the body, or does she just converse with the male? Is the male 'you', or is this another voice? What kinds of differences can you see in Annicka's speech and the male's (such as answers to situations, their point of view on such things)?

I highly suggest doing research, reading articles on multiplicity (check out the links in the article TGH wrote) and finding out more about this distinction.

Also, re-named the topic to something a little more specific.

Thanks to Elinox for the banner!
[Image: momobanner2ok0.png]
Fear the Lishie, Blake and Rizumu.
2008-06-03 11:55
Find
Give Thanks
Archer
Suing You
Kintype:
Otherkin:
Contribution: tick tick tick tick 

Re: RENAMED: What counts as a multiple?
avarin Wrote:what counts as a multiple? there are two distinct voices in my mind one Is a felmale that calls herself Annicka and a male? I know I should know better and I probibly already know the answer.

Simply put - if the male and female in your mind are actually different people, you would be a multiple.

On the other hand if they are just two aspects of you, then you're not.

Ubi Dubium, Ibi Libertas

Quote:"I have suffered from being misunderstood, but I would have suffered a hell of a lot more if I had been understood."

[Image: neverforgetm.png]
2008-06-03 17:24
Find
Give Thanks
House Hesson
cat slave
Kintype:
Otherkin:
Contribution: tick tick tick 

Back after a long absence, and got one point to add...

We had a discussion about this over on TrueForm Within recently. What the others mentioned above is generally true; however, it does make a difference whether the body is "home" for each of them or not. If only one feels that the body is home, you're a singlet (one person in a body) with visitors. Deity possession, spirit visits, and the like are different from multiplicity.

And thank you for the kind words, Momo. I'm glad it helped. *g*

-S'aryn

"All knowledge is worth having." -Phedre no Delaunay

"Everything has a price." -Jaenelle Angelline

"I think if you try, that's being your best." -Echo
2008-08-03 5:59
Find
Give Thanks
Archer
Suing You
Kintype:
Otherkin:
Contribution: tick tick tick tick 

Yep, agreed - there's a difference between someone in your headspace as a longterm resident, and someone just passing through.

Ubi Dubium, Ibi Libertas

Quote:"I have suffered from being misunderstood, but I would have suffered a hell of a lot more if I had been understood."

[Image: neverforgetm.png]
2008-08-03 6:39
Find
Give Thanks
vampyre_smiles
Copy cat
Kintype:
Otherkin:
Contribution: tick tick 

I seem to have part-time roommates in my head. They all seem to have lives on other planes or other universes, but spend time in my head when they aren't "home". It's pretty stable who comes and goes, and when.

[Image: 2mLJ.gif]
2008-10-25 4:22
Find
Give Thanks