Hide background
READ THIS!

Welcome to the Otherkinphenomena forum.

You really have to follow these instructions! Instructions will update as you progress.

If you wish to post on, or access most of the content of our forum and our community, please click here to register first, then follow the instructions below. If you have already registered, please log in, in the above "Hello There, Guest!" box.

Thanks for understanding and see you around.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Psychology of Sang Vampirism
ragtag
New
Kintype:
Otherkin:
Contribution:

Psychology of Sang Vampirism
I'm often curious how the occult fits into our understanding of science. I don't believe that there is anything innately supernatural, so much as there are things which we simply don't have all the evidence for. In short, if something interacts with the natural world, it follows some set of rules, and a set of rules that humans can comprehend given time and study. This said, after a bit of study of the phenomena of Sang vampires, I've come to a few conclusions.

1) The sang is, biologically and physiologically exactly the same as any other human being, down to hormonal levels and RBC count. I came to this conclusion based off of interviews with numerous Sang vampires who reported visiting a doctor and the doctor not being able to detect any difference between the sang and any other human being.

2) It is an energy in blood which is required, not just the blood itself, though the blood is indeed necessary. In short, there is no biological or physiological need for blood itself. This is further supported by the fact that when the components of blood are taken into account and taken separately, there is no benefit to the vampire. Iron pills do nothing more than they would for anyone else, and old blood is even flat out discouraged as being less beneficial to the vampire.

3) Lack of blood causes withdrawal type symptoms (headaches, fatigue, nausia, depression, lethargy, obsessive thoughts of blood, and in more extreme cases migranes, tremors, ect). Drinking blood also brings on a rush of energy at the onset.

4) It is not energy alone which is required through blood, as I've run across a number of sang vampires whom know how to feed psychically, but find that it's less fulfilling than feeding on blood.

This leads me to the following conclusion. Sang vampirism is at least partially, a psychological addiction to blood. the withdrawal symptoms and rush of energy seem to be (excuse the expression) the nail in the coffin. Any comments, contrary evidence, alternate hypothesizes or anything that can help me shore up my argument would be greatly appreciated, I'm curious to see what you think.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I'm not closed minded, you are just wrong. Be open minded, but not so much that your brain falls out.

Correct my spelling and I'll stab you to death with my car.
2008-08-25 4:05
Find
Give Thanks
freelanceangel
customer service *facepalm*
Kintype:
Otherkin:
Contribution: tick tick 

Re: Psychology of Sang Vampirism
Thank you for pointing out #2. I had quite a few arguments explaining to certain individuals that vampires- be they fictional, mythical or physical- cannot sustain themselves on blood from anything that had died specifically FOR that reason. It's nice to see others understand it!

[Image: frelanceangelbanner.png]
Banner/Avatar done by the GLORIOUS Elinox: THANK YOU!
2008-08-25 13:19
Find
Give Thanks
Malakoi
Eager beaver
Kintype:
Otherkin:
Contribution: tick tick 

It is very possible. I have been called a hematomaniac by a medical professional, but I personally adopt the label sanguinarian vampire.

However, I do recall something.. an attempt at scientific study of vampirism. Zilchy has talked about it before but I have forgotten the details, including the name of the project. I believe that the purpose of the study is to give doctors a foundation on which to begin treating vampirism as a legitimate medical condition. Hopefully, someone who knows more about it can help fill in the blanks.

Also, I would recommend reading Psychic Vampires by Dr. Joe Slate, an individual who studied vampirism on behalf of the United States military. I believe the book would be a useful tool in the continued testing of your hypothesis.

[Image: malakoi2.png]
2008-08-26 0:55
Find
Give Thanks
ragtag
New
Kintype:
Otherkin:
Contribution:

Many thanks for the source material, Mal. I'll run those down as soon as I have a moment.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I'm not closed minded, you are just wrong. Be open minded, but not so much that your brain falls out.

Correct my spelling and I'll stab you to death with my car.
2008-08-26 1:51
Find
Give Thanks