Hide background
READ THIS!

Welcome to the Otherkinphenomena forum.

You really have to follow these instructions! Instructions will update as you progress.

If you wish to post on, or access most of the content of our forum and our community, please click here to register first, then follow the instructions below. If you have already registered, please log in, in the above "Hello There, Guest!" box.

Thanks for understanding and see you around.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Psi Vampire Information help...
Namine
middle school student
Kintype:
Otherkin:
Contribution:

Psi Vampire Information help...
Okay so I was wondering if I can have some help getting information for me and my friend on Psi vampire. We think she may be a psi vampire. All the stuff we have read so far says that she is.

Her family and her friends (including me) always feel drained after being around her.
After not being around people for a day she was feeling drained and useless (that is how she described it).
And she said that from what she personaly read that all the signs are there.
Plus she feels the name fits.

I really want just some websites, books, or anything that may help us figure this out. Thank you.

Namine

P.S We know that we can not just learn this all in a day. ^^

[Image: Mysignature.png]
Don't fall for someone unless they are willing to catch you.
2009-08-29 21:25
Find
Give Thanks
Seraphyna
Administrator
Kintype:
Otherkin:
Contribution: tick tick tick tick tick tick tick 

Re: Psi Vampire Information help...
Please refrain from using underline in an entire post...it just hurts my head >.<

What are "all the signs"? If she thinks she might be a psi vamp I'd personally recommend her obtaining a copy of Michelle Belanger's The Psychic Vampire Codex.

[Image: seraphyna11_zps47e1e313.png]
"All that is gold does not glitter, not all those who wander are lost."-Tolkien
"All that we see or seem is but a dream within a dream."-Poe
2009-08-29 21:41
Find
Give Thanks
Namine
middle school student
Kintype:
Otherkin:
Contribution:

okay thanks. Some signs are that I often feel drained after being with her, or that i will snap at my family after being with her. We dont know much yet but we really want to learn. Thanks.

2009-08-29 22:01
Find
Give Thanks
House Hesson
cat slave
Kintype:
Otherkin:
Contribution: tick tick tick 

The PVC is good, as mentioned, but also very House Kheperu centric. A lot of stuff in there about the House and about the vampire community that may not interest you or her. There's an earlier edition of it available free online, though. There's also a follow-up for non-Kheprians who are interested in working with their methods, at kherete.org under the downloads section. The Kherete book also includes recommendations on determining whether one's a vampire; it's a long and not necessarily pleasant process, but it looks solid. (We've gone through part of it and intend to do the rest once we've got our health under better control and have a good baseline to work from.)

Also, look for The Ethical Psychic Vampire by Raven Kaldera. If she is unintentionally feeding off of others, this is a good book to pass on.

-Shainin

"All knowledge is worth having." -Phedre no Delaunay

"Everything has a price." -Jaenelle Angelline

"I think if you try, that's being your best." -Echo
2009-08-29 23:03
Find
Give Thanks
Namine
middle school student
Kintype:
Otherkin:
Contribution:

Thanks. ^^ I will look.

2009-08-29 23:26
Find
Give Thanks
Seraphyna
Administrator
Kintype:
Otherkin:
Contribution: tick tick tick tick tick tick tick 

Given all of the above, while I think it's interesting to read even if she isn't a vampire...what you've decribed really does sound like normal teenage human stuff. Just don't get so lost in looking for signs she's a vampire that you lose your base in what is "normal" for people your age.

[Image: seraphyna11_zps47e1e313.png]
"All that is gold does not glitter, not all those who wander are lost."-Tolkien
"All that we see or seem is but a dream within a dream."-Poe
2009-08-29 23:59
Find
Give Thanks
Namine
middle school student
Kintype:
Otherkin:
Contribution:

^^ yeah. We are taking our time. ^^ it is gonna be hard with school starting but hey, i am kinda looking forward to it. School that is. ^^

2009-08-30 17:29
Find
Give Thanks
Amourosa
student
Kintype:
Otherkin:
Contribution: tick 

Namine Wrote:Okay so I was wondering if I can have some help getting information for me and my friend on Psi vampire. We think she may be a psi vampire. All the stuff we have read so far says that she is.

Her family and her friends (including me) always feel drained after being around her.
After not being around people for a day she was feeling drained and useless (that is how she described it).
And she said that from what she personaly read that all the signs are there.
Plus she feels the name fits.

I really want just some websites, books, or anything that may help us figure this out. Thank you.

Namine

P.S We know that we can not just learn this all in a day. ^^

She's a young teenager, right?

When I was a young teenager:
My family and friends tended to feel drained around me due to the bodily changes, drama, and excitement of being that age
After not being around people for a day (which is very hard to do) I would feel drained and useless because I hadn't really done anything or been with anyone
I'm not sure what signs *she* specifically could detect, because the "signs" are varied and are like the "flu-like" symptoms: they can be caused by a lot of different things
I feel like "queen" fits me, but I'm not one. Just because she likes the word "vampire" doesn't make her one.

Here's an important question: If you weren't otherkin, would you jump to the conclusion she was a vampire? Or would you just brush it off as "that time of the month" or being a teenager?

[Image: Banner2.png]
Banner courtesy of Elinox, check out the Ads & Links section if you want one!
"If you call one wolf, you invite the pack." -- proverb
2009-08-31 2:06
Find
Give Thanks