Hide background
READ THIS!

Welcome to the Otherkinphenomena forum.

You really have to follow these instructions! Instructions will update as you progress.

If you wish to post on, or access most of the content of our forum and our community, please click here to register first, then follow the instructions below. If you have already registered, please log in, in the above "Hello There, Guest!" box.

Thanks for understanding and see you around.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Problems with Chakra
Deros
High School/College Student
Kintype:
Otherkin:
Contribution: tick tick 

Problems with Chakra
I have this strange issue with my chakra centers. Or, rather, lackthereof. I don't seem to have a natural chakra centers in my body, and whenever I attempt to get my energy to conform to that, I feel intensely awkward, the sensations bordering on painful. Normally, my center is almost entirely directly behind my solar plexus, and is the only major point at which my energy concentrates, except when I'm manipulating my phantom form or doing other energy work. Does anybody else have an issue similar to this and what would be suggested ways to perhaps either adapt myself into a chakra-oriented set or to adapt the chakra-oriented energy work to my own odd energy form?

[Image: Banner-1.jpg]
I would have learned a lot from life if I hadn't spent most of my time being educated.
2008-12-19 5:51
Find
Give Thanks
Motley
Elephant in the room
Kintype:
Otherkin:

Re: Problems with Chakra
Deros Wrote:I have this strange issue with my chakra centers. Or, rather, lackthereof. I don't seem to have a natural chakra centers in my body, and whenever I attempt to get my energy to conform to that, I feel intensely awkward, the sensations bordering on painful. Normally, my center is almost entirely directly behind my solar plexus, and is the only major point at which my energy concentrates, except when I'm manipulating my phantom form or doing other energy work. Does anybody else have an issue similar to this and what would be suggested ways to perhaps either adapt myself into a chakra-oriented set or to adapt the chakra-oriented energy work to my own odd energy form?

What does it do then?

[Image: motleybanner2.png]
"I inherited the spirit of the sun. I'll meet you when the day breaks through. It's time to shine and make all your dreams come true. Come on, wish upon a dog star!" -Hybrid
2008-12-19 6:11
Find
Give Thanks
Archer
Suing You
Kintype:
Otherkin:
Contribution: tick tick tick tick 

I'm at a loss as to what "issue" it is you want suggestions about.

Your energy body is not standard-human-shaped. What's the issue?

Ubi Dubium, Ibi Libertas

Quote:"I have suffered from being misunderstood, but I would have suffered a hell of a lot more if I had been understood."

[Image: neverforgetm.png]
2008-12-19 13:41
Find
Give Thanks
Deros
High School/College Student
Kintype:
Otherkin:

Basically, my major issue is that there are a lot of meditative and energy techniques that lean on the concept of chakra centers that I don't know exactly how to adapt for myself. It's not a pressing issue, but then again, this is the magic section after all. It's not like I'm going to be casting spells to save the world from the big bad wolves any time soon. I would just like some advice.

Motley, could you clarify your question?

[Image: Banner-1.jpg]
I would have learned a lot from life if I hadn't spent most of my time being educated.
2008-12-19 14:34
Find
Give Thanks
Annwyn
Super Moderator
Kintype:
Otherkin:

Deros Wrote:Basically, my major issue is that there are a lot of meditative and energy techniques that lean on the concept of chakra centers that I don't know exactly how to adapt for myself. It's not a pressing issue, but then again, this is the magic section after all. It's not like I'm going to be casting spells to save the world from the big bad wolves any time soon. I would just like some advice.

Motley, could you clarify your question?

We're not schooled in chakras and anything that deals with them, we ignore it and do our own form of "meditative and energy techniques". Maybe you could find yourself another technique that doesn't deal with chakras (a lot of searching is probably needed for it, but there's probably some out there).

--Gabriel

Members: Gabriel, Lestat, Nico, Fenrir, and Nathaniel.
2008-12-19 15:27
Find
Give Thanks
Archer
Suing You
Kintype:
Otherkin:

Deros Wrote:Basically, my major issue is that there are a lot of meditative and energy techniques that lean on the concept of chakra centers that I don't know exactly how to adapt for myself.

Why adapt them for yourself at all? If you don't have a chakra system in the first place, then I don't see as how trying to twist chakra based meditation systems to fit you will help.

Ubi Dubium, Ibi Libertas

Quote:"I have suffered from being misunderstood, but I would have suffered a hell of a lot more if I had been understood."

[Image: neverforgetm.png]
2008-12-19 19:25
Find
Give Thanks
Miniar
Artist
Kintype:
Otherkin:

Perhaps you should treat chakras as "symbolic" rather than actual.

[Image: Signiature.jpg]
"Those who can't approach discussion with a basic level of intelligence and maturity shouldn't expect to be taken seriously." ~ Qualia Soup
2008-12-19 19:48
Find
Give Thanks
AstralSpire
Fly on the wall
Kintype:
Otherkin:
Contribution:

I see chakras as connecting points of astral and physical body so by my point of view you should have chakras at least in place of major organs, and joints. Try to activate energy in your body and and feel it for a bit. After that try to remember where the energy was concentrated, you should feel places where isn't any energy flow, where it flows just a little, and places where it flows strongly.

After you map your energy/chakra system, you should read/remember some techniques you wanted to try before, and intuitively apply it to yourself.

Notice: Most of my techniques, or approaches are drawn from reading/thinking and than selecting the best way of application through intuition.

[Image: userbar_as.png]
LJ, FB, and GG extensions of AS
2008-12-19 21:31
Find
Give Thanks
Motley
Elephant in the room
Kintype:
Otherkin:

To clarify the question, where does your energy move when you are manipulating your phantom form or doing energy work?

I've always assumed that chakras are part of the human energy system, part of the interface with the human body. So kin should have them too. I don't know that for a fact, so it is possible you are just built differently. Or it's possible that something is blocking the flow of energy through these centers. On the other hand, not all cultures recognize chakras, at least not in exactly the same way. So part of it could be symbolic to begin with.

In the Chinese system, they talk about energy channels as much or more than energy centers. These would be the 'roads' that the energy uses to go from one part of the body to another. These go all over the body, some are big and some are small. The chakras just happen to line up along the biggest one, the central channel. There's also left and right channels on either side of your chest. There's also belts that cricle around. And hundreds or thousands of the little ones. Maybe it would be easier to try to feel these than the centers themselves.

Somtimes the roads get blocked though, which makes it so the energy can't get through. Trying to force a block to move can be painful. On the other hand, pain can give you an idea of where the block is located. So then you can back off and try to dissolve it gently, like with a water meditation. (Imagine that water is slowly melting the ice until it starts to flow again. It could take awhile or more than one try if it's really blocked.)

I don't really know what's causing the problem or even if it is a problem. So offering a solution is difficult.

[Image: motleybanner2.png]
"I inherited the spirit of the sun. I'll meet you when the day breaks through. It's time to shine and make all your dreams come true. Come on, wish upon a dog star!" -Hybrid
2008-12-19 21:59
Find
Give Thanks
Twilight
Eager beaver
Kintype:
Otherkin:

This may seem like a silly question, but where are the Chakras on a dragon? I pupose that if you find your center best when working with phantom limbs and such perhaps your energy centers don't conform to human standards. Perhaps you have a few centers within your astral body.

[Image: twilightbanner.png]
I dare an agnostic to prove he or she exists.
2008-12-20 14:51
Find
Give Thanks