Hide background
READ THIS!

Welcome to the Otherkinphenomena forum.

You really have to follow these instructions! Instructions will update as you progress.

If you wish to post on, or access most of the content of our forum and our community, please click here to register first, then follow the instructions below. If you have already registered, please log in, in the above "Hello There, Guest!" box.

Thanks for understanding and see you around.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Primordial chaos
Edge
Copy cat
Kintype:
Otherkin:
Contribution:

Primordial chaos
Disclaimer: I am possibly insane and/or wrong. I am aware of this.

I'm part of (or a personification of or whatever) the primordial chaos. I've heard that other people feel they remember it. I have two questions for people who do:
1) What do you remember? (And yes, I know the memory isn't good to go on. I'm just curious and there is no obligation to answer either of these questions.)
2) Are there any others who are parts of the primordial chaos?

I'm the one with the power around here. -Rumplestiltskin
2012-08-05 4:11
Find
Give Thanks
Ges
Copy cat
Kintype:
Otherkin:
Contribution: tick 

Re: Primordial chaos
Perhaps clarify. I doubt wherever/whenever you were that English and title of Primordial Chaos was what was used. Do you mean Chaos as most people seem to, Chaos in the way a lot of "Demon" kin mean it, Chaos as in khaos (Greek cosmology), etc. I mean I remember things that could be the Primordial Chaos, and I know others who do, but they're different things, so being more specific could help you get better responses.

[Image: neverforgetm.png]

When we first begin all things simply are.
As we grow all things are external.
As we learn all things are internal.
As we understand all things are not.
2012-08-06 2:24
Find
Give Thanks
Edge
Copy cat
Kintype:
Otherkin:
Contribution:

From the way you are wording it, I am guessing you aren't asking because you're curious. You're asking so that it can affect potential responses. Am I right?
That would counter productive because I want answers based on all views and definitions of the primordial chaos.
If I wanted responses based on my own beliefs, I would just ask myself.

2012-08-06 5:57
Find
Give Thanks
Rain
Eager beaver
Kintype:
Otherkin:
Contribution: tick tick 

Nobody can tell you anything about the "Primordial Chaos" unless you actually tell us which "Primordial Chaos" you're referencing. There's quite a few candidates, as Ges pointed out, and there's no point talking about my heavy stick (club) when what you're actually talking about is a nightclub.

~~~
2012-08-06 22:55
Find
Give Thanks
Edge
Copy cat
Kintype:
Otherkin:
Contribution:

I am asking about all of them. I don't know of any simpler way to say that.
To use your metaphor, I am asking about all clubs. I want to hear about your heavy sticks. I want to hear about your nightclubs. I want to know everything you could possibly tell me about any kinds of clubs.
Quite frankly, if one feels they need to know my opinion to tell me theirs, then their "answer" is useless to me anyway since that means they are unable to form their own opinion. The implications of that should be obvious.

It's another matter entirely if one does not feel comfortable sharing without getting something in return. I understand that as I feel the same way what with being wary of people outright admitting that they want to tailor their answers to mine.

2012-08-07 0:25
Find
Give Thanks
Rain
Eager beaver
Kintype:
Otherkin:
Contribution: tick tick 

Edge Wrote:I am asking about all of them. I don't know of any simpler way to say that.
That's all that needed to be said, really. Nothing complex about it.

Quote:Quite frankly, if one feels they need to know my opinion to tell me theirs, then their "answer" is useless to me anyway since that means they are unable to form their own opinion.

Nobody here has even yet asked for your opinion on "chaos" Edge, they have only asked on clarification on which "chaos" you were referencing. Perhaps you may not mind it if people start randomly spewing information that is completely irrelevant to the intended topic at hand, but certain people -- such as myself -- would much rather avoid the possibility altogether. Ges merely alerted you to the ambiguity of your own question and brought it up as a potential reason why nobody has yet responded, and you responded by implying that their answer is "useless" to you, anyway. Perhaps you should take a step back and reread what has been said.

~~~
2012-08-07 1:01
Find
Give Thanks
Edge
Copy cat
Kintype:
Otherkin:
Contribution:

Rain Wrote:
Edge Wrote:I am asking about all of them. I don't know of any simpler way to say that.
That's all that needed to be said, really. Nothing complex about it.
That is what I said when I responded to Ges, however, you felt the need to ask me to repeat it.
I did not say that any specific person's answer is useless.

2012-08-07 2:36
Find
Give Thanks
Ges
Copy cat
Kintype:
Otherkin:

Your language usage is flawed then. Because you said you were part of the Primordial Chaos, which implies you are asking about a singular concept, not a multiplicity. You used a definite article when an indefinite article is what you wanted.

Also now I'm curious, why do our answers matter if they aren't necessarily part of your Primordial Chaos? That would be similar in my mind to saying "I'm part of a god. Hey, what do you remember about your gods?" It's irrelevant in many ways what is remembered or thought.

Your response actually confuses me more than your initial post due to that.

But in the nature of fair play.

1) Yes I remember the PC. It was there, we broke it, now it isn't.
2) A step removed perhaps, but we are part of the PC.

2012-08-08 2:26
Find
Give Thanks
Edge
Copy cat
Kintype:
Otherkin:
Contribution:

Gesigewigus Wrote:But in the nature of fair play.

1) Yes I remember the PC. It was there, we broke it, now it isn't.
2) A step removed perhaps, but we are part of the PC.
Thank you.

I suppose my language was flawed since I had not considered the possibility of there being more than one. I just thought there was one that people saw in different ways. For that I humbly apologized. I should have considered all possibilities.
I don't understand your other question. Why would I want answers based on how I perceive things when I can just ask myself? How would anyone else perceive it the same way I do anyway? They're different people with their own brains. We all process and perceive things differently.

2012-08-08 3:45
Find
Give Thanks
Ges
Copy cat
Kintype:
Otherkin:

Edge Wrote:I don't understand your other question. Why would I want answers based on how I perceive things when I can just ask myself? How would anyone else perceive it the same way I do anyway? They're different people with their own brains. We all process and perceive things differently.

Hah, no, sorry, I didn't mean how you perceived, but more that with something this broad I think it is relevant they're talking about the same idea/source/notion of Primordial Chaos, rather than interpreting it the same way. Everyone experiences cats differently, but if you ask people their opinions on dogs (being another mammal and linked in a broad sense) it muddies the waters of what you're trying to understand or learn. I feel (though admittedly this is my bias) that Primordial Chaos in this case could be the mammal, so me telling you about my cat stuff is less relevant to your dog version of the Primordial Chaos. That's many why I felt it had to be clarified.

2012-08-09 3:39
Find
Give Thanks