Hide background
READ THIS!

Welcome to the Otherkinphenomena forum.

You really have to follow these instructions! Instructions will update as you progress.

If you wish to post on, or access most of the content of our forum and our community, please click here to register first, then follow the instructions below. If you have already registered, please log in, in the above "Hello There, Guest!" box.

Thanks for understanding and see you around.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Precognitive dreaming
zimmerchild
Medical Student
Kintype:
Otherkin:
Contribution: tick tick 

Precognitive dreaming
or prophetic dreams, if i remember my terms correctly.

anyone else experiance this?

i do on quite a regular basis. one is / was severly devistating to me as well. usually i figure out they are these types of dreams because i will get them over and over again, and there is a sense of knowing around them. i don't fear these dreams, however, i do not like feeling like i am alone with these any longer. yes, i know i'm not alone in any sense of anything i can do, but when you do not know anyone with the abilities, etc., it gets hard. after all i felt very alone until i met my first in person otherkin person.

~Zola.

[Image: zimmerchildsig.png]
2008-01-12 18:04
Find
Give Thanks
Miniar
Artist
Kintype:
Otherkin:
Contribution: tick tick tick tick 

Re: Precognitive dreaming
I have two types of dreams that which can be called "precognitive".
It's fairly common and there's lots of literature on it.

One kind of dream I have is symbolic. I have repeating symbols, often having the dream night after night after night. I then look into the symbols and what they mean to me and what their common meaning is. Sometimes I have this dream behavior when I'm just reminding myself of something. How I know that it's a precognitive one is that they always start out the same for me.
I've been accurate so far.

The other kind is the "De-ja-vu" kind. I dream a specific event or conversation and wake up remembering it even better than if I'd experienced it. Then within 48 hours I'm in the situation to experience said event/conversation exactly as I dreamt it. Well, unless I can't stop the impulse to say what the other person did in the dream.

That being said....
I believe that whatever you see in any precognative exercises of any kind is "the most probably course of events if the driving forces do not dramatically alter their path". Not a certainity, but a high probability.

[Image: Signiature.jpg]
"Those who can't approach discussion with a basic level of intelligence and maturity shouldn't expect to be taken seriously." ~ Qualia Soup
2008-01-12 20:06
Find
Give Thanks
zimmerchild
Medical Student
Kintype:
Otherkin:
Contribution: tick tick 

i've only had one symbol dream really, and with reading this post i just found the connection, and what is to be one of my tattoos, yesterday. interesting that i now remember that.

i have the deja vu a lot, usually though i have forgotten the dream until i am in that state again and then it hits me like a truck. one of my most memorable was when i sprang my ankle. didn't know in the dream that, that was what had happened i only say a little bit of the "scene" that was after we got home from the hospital. then it almost felt like a time travel and i was seeing with two pairs of eyes. it was very interesting.

but otherwise, most of my precog dreams happen with scenes and i will get them for weeks up to possibly a year before they happen, and i will have the same one daily all the way up until about 2 days before whatever it is happens, sometimes they stop sooner, i've never had them stop more then 3 weeks before the event however. then they stop and i sleep very deep. these types of precog dreaming is what i'm a little curious about....it was this one that i ended up having the dream that devistated me for a long time, and occasionaly will still bring on the depression that followed.

i find the others interesting, deja vu has always been a strong one with me. when i sprang my ankle i was 10 or 11 years old, but i can remember having these as early as 4.

~Zola.

[Image: zimmerchildsig.png]
2008-01-12 20:47
Find
Give Thanks
House Hesson
cat slave
Kintype:
Otherkin:
Contribution: tick tick tick 

Val had a dream about our biological mother telling her that Douglas Adams wrote a new book, and remembered it vividly because she had to point out that he was dead. The very next day, she read in the news that Adams's last, unfinished book was being combined with some other things and published.

It's odd, but I'd say less odd than our friend who has prophetic dreams about action figures.

-Rhun

"All knowledge is worth having." -Phedre no Delaunay

"Everything has a price." -Jaenelle Angelline

"I think if you try, that's being your best." -Echo
2008-01-12 22:36
Find
Give Thanks
Prince
Web designer
Kintype:
Otherkin:
Contribution: tick 

I have them quite frequently. I'm not sure if I buy into it or not but I've thus avoided a lot of annoying things by learning to track where the bits of the future take place and try to avoid those specific places until I'm sure that possible future is passed.

- Weavy ( oh snap!)
The space between two horizons...
2008-01-14 22:43
Find
Give Thanks
Xanthus
Computer Guy
Kintype:
Otherkin:

Freetha Wrote:The other kind is the "De-ja-vu" kind. I dream a specific event or conversation and wake up remembering it even better than if I'd experienced it. Then within 48 hours I'm in the situation to experience said event/conversation exactly as I dreamt it. Well, unless I can't stop the impulse to say what the other person did in the dream.

This used to happen to me very frequently. Recently, not as much.

[Image: Xanthus.png]
LONG LIVE THE COMMUNITY!!!
2008-01-14 22:46
Find
Give Thanks
misha tia
Biophysical researcher
Kintype:
Otherkin:

Well yes, but I would not call them dreams, because the vast majority happen for me during waking hours. It is merely a flash of information much like a flash blub memory. I have all the knowledge, emotion, and sensations that I would at the moment of occurance, the difference is that it hasn't happened yet. It happens frequently, but not consitantly nor do I have any say as to when it happens. The events are almost always insugnificant even after the event has occured in the time line, so I make little effort to remember them until the event "reoccurs" in my mind. But I'll admit the strangest was the flash of a flash, triple deja vu. *shudder* Hopefully that answered the question.

"If we knew what we were doing, it wouldn't be called Research." -A. Einstein
2008-01-18 16:06
Find
Give Thanks
BlissfulIsis
Eager beaver
Kintype:
Otherkin:

I often get the De-ja-vu dreams. Only problems is I never know when the De-ja-vu situation is actually going to happen. Sometimes it is the next day, other times it is months away.

There is nothing more uncommon than common sense. Frank Lloyd Wright

Nothing will benefit human health and increase the chances for survival of life on earth as much as the evolution to a vegetarian diet. Albert Einstein
2008-01-18 16:14
Find
Give Thanks
Shyrokino
Fly on the wall
Kintype:
Otherkin:
Contribution:

When I was younger I used to have these dreams and sometimes it wasn't even while I was sleeping. I would tell my mom about it and being that I was raised christian she said that I was a Profetic when I was younger. Then as I grew older I stopped careing so it went away basically. I still get it on occasion but its very rare.
2008-01-20 16:25
Find
Give Thanks
Kreyas
Eager beaver
Kintype:
Otherkin:

BlissfulIsis Wrote:I often get the De-ja-vu dreams. Only problems is I never know when the De-ja-vu situation is actually going to happen. Sometimes it is the next day, other times it is months away.

IIRC, Deja vous can be a physiologically induced response to a situation, not necessary actual precognition. One thing you may want to do is document your dreams (if you remember them) and then after you experience such an event, see if your dream logs correspond with what happened. This will provide some degree of proof that it is (or is not) indeed a precognitive dream.

Co-host of the Pagan Centered Podcast.
2008-01-21 3:11
Find
Give Thanks