Hide background
READ THIS!

Welcome to the Otherkinphenomena forum.

You really have to follow these instructions! Instructions will update as you progress.

If you wish to post on, or access most of the content of our forum and our community, please click here to register first, then follow the instructions below. If you have already registered, please log in, in the above "Hello There, Guest!" box.

Thanks for understanding and see you around.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pig flu!
Archer
Suing You
Kintype:
Otherkin:
Contribution: tick tick tick tick 

Pig flu!
So "officially" 81 people are dead, unofficially it's more than 200, vaccines aren't working, and the apocalypse is upon us.

Is this the end of the world? Are you stocking up on surgical masks? Are my bacon sandwiches still safe?

Discuss!

Ubi Dubium, Ibi Libertas

Quote:"I have suffered from being misunderstood, but I would have suffered a hell of a lot more if I had been understood."

[Image: neverforgetm.png]
2009-04-26 3:47
Find
Give Thanks
Rain
Eager beaver
Kintype:
Otherkin:
Contribution: tick tick 

Re: Pig flu!
Are these numbers... dead pigs?

Why would you call it the "Pig Flu" if it infects humans? Why not call it just "The Really Bad Flu That Originated From Pigs -- RBFTOFP"?

It'd be much less confusing.

~~~
2009-04-26 4:11
Find
Give Thanks
Archer
Suing You
Kintype:
Otherkin:

There's bird flu. And we've all considered the chances of pigs flying. And now we get pig flu.

This strikes me as meaningful, somehow.

Ubi Dubium, Ibi Libertas

Quote:"I have suffered from being misunderstood, but I would have suffered a hell of a lot more if I had been understood."

2009-04-26 4:35
Find
Give Thanks
Rain
Eager beaver
Kintype:
Otherkin:

Archer Wrote:There's bird flu. And we've all considered the chances of pigs flying. And now we get pig flu.

This strikes me as meaningful, somehow.

Maybe the pigs, in their desperation for flying, ate a few birds and got sick?

It's Pig-bird flu!

~~~
2009-04-26 4:38
Find
Give Thanks
Archer
Suing You
Kintype:
Otherkin:

Maybe birds ate bacon, then pigs ate the birds, and it all went a bit Mad Cow cannibal, and that caused the pig flu?

Ubi Dubium, Ibi Libertas

2009-04-26 4:40
Find
Give Thanks
Rain
Eager beaver
Kintype:
Otherkin:

Actually.

It's all a conspiracy. The government uses fake "flus" in order to control the human population's diet. Running short on pigs? Why not make a pig-flu! This will reduce consumption so that there is no longer stress on the market which would occur from a high demand with low supply of pork.

It's all a conspiracy, I say!

~~~
2009-04-26 4:45
Find
Give Thanks
Miniar
Artist
Kintype:
Otherkin:

*shrugs* We are well overdue for a good plague, seems this might be it.
Here's to hoping I survive of-course *raises glass*

Seriously though, If this is the flu we're overdue for, I do hope all the intelligent ones out there are intelligent/lucky enough to take steps to not die, because if the good people I know end up keeling over, I'm just gonna leave otherkin altogether, the community on and offline, the word,.. just.. f it.

[Image: Signiature.jpg]
"Those who can't approach discussion with a basic level of intelligence and maturity shouldn't expect to be taken seriously." ~ Qualia Soup
2009-04-26 13:44
Find
Give Thanks
Motley
Elephant in the room
Kintype:
Otherkin:

Considering that I live on the border with Mexico and every time my daughter goes to play at one of those restaurants with a playground she gets sick, I'm not laughing. ...not panicking either....

It has nothing to do with eating pigs or being around them. It just originated with pigs, which means that humans haven't adapted to it yet. It has killed young adults already, not just the young and the elderly which most flus do. But it's still too soon to judge how dangerous it might be on a large scale.

[Image: motleybanner2.png]
"I inherited the spirit of the sun. I'll meet you when the day breaks through. It's time to shine and make all your dreams come true. Come on, wish upon a dog star!" -Hybrid
2009-04-26 15:30
Find
Give Thanks
Archer
Suing You
Kintype:
Otherkin:

Motley Wrote:It has nothing to do with eating pigs or being around them.

I did actually lol at this, because it's so obvious that it shouldn't even need to be said - people being people though, if the thing gets out of hand then I fully expect a pork panic to hit.

The BBC tells me that there are currently suspected cases in France, the UK, New Zealand, Israel, and Spain. Various people inside Mexico have said that the death toll there is much higher than even the high estimates, and one Mexican doctor has said that antiviral medication is useless. Fun times!

Ubi Dubium, Ibi Libertas

2009-04-26 16:42
Find
Give Thanks
Unregistered
Kintype:
Otherkin:

My first thought when reading the title of this was "oy, another one?" Seems like every animal we come in contact with now has a danger lurking deep in their systems. What's next, dog flu? Cat flu? Beta Fish flu?

Quote:shrugs* We are well overdue for a good plague, seems this might be it.
Here's to hoping I survive of-course *raises glass*

Wasn't that supposed to be the HIV/AIDS epidemic though?

Quote:Various people inside Mexico have said that the death toll there is much higher than even the high estimates, and one Mexican doctor has said that antiviral medication is useless. Fun times!

And people think those that dislike the illegal immigration issue with Mexico are just being racists. There actually IS a health issue involved, and this gives a good example of such a problem.
2009-04-27 2:29
Give Thanks