Hide background
READ THIS!

Welcome to the Otherkinphenomena forum.

You really have to follow these instructions! Instructions will update as you progress.

If you wish to post on, or access most of the content of our forum and our community, please click here to register first, then follow the instructions below. If you have already registered, please log in, in the above "Hello There, Guest!" box.

Thanks for understanding and see you around.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Picking up phone calls.
reaper
Student
Kintype:
Otherkin:
Contribution:

Picking up phone calls.
I have noticed on some rare occasions i hear a phone convosation between two people yet there wont be anyone around or there voices will be that of a person that lives half way across the world complared to me what is this called if it has a name?
2009-01-07 1:13
Find
Give Thanks
chaitea
Registered Nurse
Kintype:
Otherkin:
Contribution: tick tick 

Re: Picking up phone calls.
Just need a few clarifications before I can start throwing terminology around:

How do you know that the conversation you hear is taking place somewhere else?
Do you recognize the voices of the conversing? If yes, how well do you know them?

I'll try and think up some possibilities but it's easier to narrow things down the more there is to work with/go on

Home is where the hoard is
[Image: tactless_dragon_banner.png]
2009-01-07 4:33
Find
Give Thanks
Seraphyna
Administrator
Kintype:
Otherkin:
Contribution: tick tick tick tick tick tick tick 

In addition to Chai's questions, have you corroborated with the people you supposedly overhear that they were indeed having whatever conversation at the time you "heard" them?

[Image: seraphyna11_zps47e1e313.png]
"All that is gold does not glitter, not all those who wander are lost."-Tolkien
"All that we see or seem is but a dream within a dream."-Poe
2009-01-07 6:16
Find
Give Thanks
reaper
Student
Kintype:
Otherkin:
Contribution:

Well with the first question its always when I'm with no one and its completely empty mainly if I'm near a telephone mast also in addition i once heard a friends conversation and asked about it this was the first time i recognized a voice she said that she was in Ireland at that time.

Second question i don't always recognize them only once i have recognized it and in that case the person was my girlfriend.

The additional question should have been answered in my first answer if not i appoligise.

Chaos is the begginging and end of this Life for me
2009-01-07 18:13
Find
Give Thanks
Archer
Suing You
Kintype:
Otherkin:
Contribution: tick tick tick tick 

reaper Wrote:i once heard a friends conversation and asked about it this was the first time i recognized a voice she said that she was in Ireland at that time.

Did she verify that the specific details of what you heard were said? Not just the gist (which can lead to accidentally hot reading someone), but the specifics, without prompting?

Ubi Dubium, Ibi Libertas

Quote:"I have suffered from being misunderstood, but I would have suffered a hell of a lot more if I had been understood."

[Image: neverforgetm.png]
2009-01-07 22:14
Find
Give Thanks
reaper
Student
Kintype:
Otherkin:
Contribution:

Well first thing she did was look at me like i was stalking here then she asked me how i knew so i guess it confirms it she also then asked me what else i heard so i told her and she then thought she was bieng recorded for a tv show then the conversation ended.

Chaos is the begginging and end of this Life for me
2009-01-08 16:25
Find
Give Thanks
Motley
Elephant in the room
Kintype:
Otherkin:

It could be clairaudience (sp?), telepathy with your friends, or schizophrenia. This is why confirmation is important.

[Image: motleybanner2.png]
"I inherited the spirit of the sun. I'll meet you when the day breaks through. It's time to shine and make all your dreams come true. Come on, wish upon a dog star!" -Hybrid
2009-01-08 18:10
Find
Give Thanks
Archer
Suing You
Kintype:
Otherkin:
Contribution: tick tick tick tick 

Or (as suggested by Gavin de Becker, former FBI profiler dude) a lot of these things happen because something around you (for example, a story on the news) makes you subconsciously think of a friend, and your intimiate knowledge of them makes you (again, subconsciously) able to predict what they are likely to be thinking about or doing at that time. Combined with confirmation bias - many people get assorted "feelings", some of them incredibly profound and strong, which they later forget because they weren't reflected in reality - this can cause a strong feeling of having psychic powers.

Or of course, it could be legit.

Ubi Dubium, Ibi Libertas

Quote:"I have suffered from being misunderstood, but I would have suffered a hell of a lot more if I had been understood."

[Image: neverforgetm.png]
2009-01-08 18:17
Find
Give Thanks
simim23
Eager beaver
Kintype:
Otherkin:

Especially with people you're close to, this can happen a lot.

It's not usually anything special. For instance, I can think of my friends and what's been going on with them lately, bring it up in a conversation later on, and have them say, "I was actually talking about that today... crazy!!"

If I text my friends with a line, I usually have an idea of how they'll respond. If I say "thanks" to one of them, depending on the friend, I can tell you their exact response: "no problem," "anytime," "go f*** yourself," etc.

I said "YOUR FACE" in a text message to my friend Nick and got exactly the response I thought he'd say, "is dead sexy" in response. I've had whole conversations where I knew what they'd say, give or take, before they said it. It's simply a matter of knowing a person well enough. You could say there's a connection that goes beyond the mundane with it, but either way, it's based off intimacy.

Note, these are my friends. The level of this I have with my boyfriend's just uncanny.

I'd try to find out who these other people besides your girlfriend are if you can. Are there other people(strangers) around you when you hear these? Perhaps your hearing's just picking up on someone's conversation nearby. Sometimes I focus in on someone's voice without realizing it, and they're farther away so I don't notice it's coming from there. Freaks me out, but it's just my mind idling until it focuses on something.

Or, of course, it could be schizophrenia. >.<;;

Simim: Rainbow poop at your disservice.
[Image: 313pq88.png]
2009-01-08 22:38
Find
Give Thanks