Hide background
READ THIS!

Welcome to the Otherkinphenomena forum.

You really have to follow these instructions! Instructions will update as you progress.

If you wish to post on, or access most of the content of our forum and our community, please click here to register first, then follow the instructions below. If you have already registered, please log in, in the above "Hello There, Guest!" box.

Thanks for understanding and see you around.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Otherkin Tarot Readings
RosaleenBan
Fly on the wall
Kintype:
Otherkin:
Contribution:

Otherkin Tarot Readings
So, I've been breaking out the tarot cards pretty often lately, and I want to use them to explore a bit more of my 'kin self.

I'm trying to figure out the best way to do a reading as part of looking into past lives - especially my life(lives) as a gryphon. Has anyone done this before, and do you have any suggestions about questions, layouts, etc? Or any other advice/resources that may be helpful?

Many thanks!

Edit: This may work better in the magic section, but I always saw Tarot as more ESP rooted (precognition/clairvoyance) which overlaps with actual magic.
2008-10-21 18:39
Find
Give Thanks
Granamyr
Copy cat
Kintype:
Otherkin:
Contribution: tick 

Re: Otherkin Tarot Readings
Interesting. Please let me know how it goes. I may try it out for that purpose. Most of my readings I use a three card spread. The first card relates to my question in the past, the second the present and the third the future. If I'm having trouble I draw a clarifier card. Good luck!
2008-10-22 1:57
Find
Give Thanks
thetwins
Copy cat
Kintype:
Otherkin:

RosaleenBan Wrote:So, I've been breaking out the tarot cards pretty often lately, and I want to use them to explore a bit more of my 'kin self.

I'm trying to figure out the best way to do a reading as part of looking into past lives - especially my life(lives) as a gryphon. Has anyone done this before, and do you have any suggestions about questions, layouts, etc? Or any other advice/resources that may be helpful?

Many thanks!

Edit: This may work better in the magic section, but I always saw Tarot as more ESP rooted (precognition/clairvoyance) which overlaps with actual magic.

Don't know if this will work or not, mainly because we don't tend to probe past lives. But, we suspect that it might be possible to bend the Fool's Quest to that end. Normally it is an arc or line to trace current progressions, but it does not have a fixed start or end point. If one was to take the Fool and place it at one end and then cast back it might be possible to trace backwards. One would also need to move the moment the Fool marks from the present most like to a previous moment. And if there are other readings you use to get rough gauges as to where you are on a journey, it may be possible to take the marker you use for now, set it as an anchor and then to cast backwards.
(With the Fool's Quest you pull 12 cards, add the Fool, mix and then lay out in a line tracing forwards. The Fool becomes the marker for where you are now.)

Sha'de

[Image: thetwinsbanner.png]
2008-10-22 3:30
Find
Give Thanks
Ges
Copy cat
Kintype:
Otherkin:

I had done this in the past, it was mainly a way to get some verification on ideas about past lives I couldn't verify other ways (like ones from periods/areas with poorly documented history), and while I don't consider it as objective as verification as xenoglossia or knowing facts, dates and such, I do think it is helpful to consider.

Because of my approach being more empirical in nature, I don't do cold readings on past lives, no "Tarot, tell me about where I was in 1936", but I look into stuff I've had floating around for a while "Let's look more into the death I had as X" or "What was my theme/story when I was X?" etc.

I've also found it interesting and beneficial to explore the over arching theme of my personal mythology, by putting down ten cards as the Tree of Life, and following the Path of the Lighting Flash as a ten-point story across lives bringing me to where I am now.

[Image: neverforgetm.png]

When we first begin all things simply are.
As we grow all things are external.
As we learn all things are internal.
As we understand all things are not.
2008-10-22 3:51
Find
Give Thanks
RosaleenBan
Fly on the wall
Kintype:
Otherkin:
Contribution:

This was quite a while ago, but I'm back in this area of the internet, so many thanks!

I'm compiling some of my readings and trying to write out a comprehensive article about them....we'll see if I can put together something publishable!
2009-02-23 3:50
Find
Give Thanks