Hide background
READ THIS!

Welcome to the Otherkinphenomena forum.

You really have to follow these instructions! Instructions will update as you progress.

If you wish to post on, or access most of the content of our forum and our community, please click here to register first, then follow the instructions below. If you have already registered, please log in, in the above "Hello There, Guest!" box.

Thanks for understanding and see you around.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
On the differences between angels and humans
Ashaiel
student
Kintype:
Otherkin:
Contribution: tick 

On the differences between angels and humans
Ashaiel Wrote:Even among the angels, what we think of as "perfection" doesn't exist. Everyone, particularly those of the Christian persuasion, has this idea that angels are perfect beings simply because they happen to work for God -- as if their being servants of God was the only aspect of them that existed. Angels are thought of as being entirely one-dimensional, without feelings or personalities; only duty and love for God. This doesn't make sense to me. Are angels supposed to be robots that can be completely controlled? If angels are God's "perfect servants" for not having feelings or personalities or any sort of attachment to any but God, then goodness, I feel sorry for them -- even though those kinds of angels are entirely a product of fiction.

It gets even more interesting when humans who claim to be "servants" of God are thrown into the mix. But that's veering into a topic entirely different from the one this thread is supposed to be about.

So, I'm starting a different topic, in order to not hijack the one started by Prince.

Angels and humans have very obvious differences, of course. Angels in their natural habitat would be on a completely different plane of existance than humans' natural habitat. Angels have powers that humans generally do not have, unless an angel is incarnated as a human. Angels can manifest in any form they choose; humans are very limited in that regard.

Other than that, it is generally agreed among incarnates -- from all I've read, at least, of other incarnates' thoughts on the matter -- that angels most definitely have feelings, personalities, and personal attachments; just like humans do. In Heaven, games of politics are played, drama happens, romantic/sexual love flourishes, enemies battle it out -- just like on Earth. Angels are not "perfect" beings, at least when a human standard of perfection is applied to them; and the "perfect" human being doesn't exist, either.

It's very strange to me that the definition of "humanity" is generally accepted to be "the ability to feel, think, and reason", as if those abilities were exclusive to humans. Come on, a dog can be happy or sad or angry, too -- no offense to therians and other animal-kin, of course; animals are most certainly not "less" than humans except in terms of which species has more power over the other. In fact, my very point is that "what it means to be human" is really only the fact that we can walk upright and have more dominion over the Earth than any other species.

Angels technically have no "humanity" in that they generally are not human -- with us incarnates as the obvious exceptions, of course. Because they "come from God" -- as if humans don't come from God -- they must be vastly different from humans, right? Also, because we tend to define "humanity" as being able to think and feel and reason, angels apparently don't have those abilities. No, they are perfect, and nothing like us -- even though the God they serve, who is also supposedly perfect, is like us.

Can you see how none of this makes any sense when put together?

Anyway, I've given my thoughts on the matter; what are yours?

~ Ashaiel

Magnificat anima mea Dominum!
2008-01-24 21:54
Find
Give Thanks
RKCoon
Mechanic by day....
Kintype:
Otherkin:

Re: On the differences between angels and humans
as i commented in another topic, i beleive that once a being - ANY being - is in a human body, they gain the abilities and gifts - as a trade off maybe, or maybe, as an absorbsion thing - that humans do have. emotions, feelings, many o ther things too. i think we are all - ANY kin not just angelics - too wrapped up in wanting back what we know we had, we often forget what whe have now, and maybe we should pay a bit more attention to our human sides as well. angelics in paticular are known for turning a blind eye to the wide aray of options and abilities offered by humanity - i would suggest some fear it.
2008-01-25 2:06
Find
Give Thanks
Angel Apprentice
New
Kintype:
Otherkin:
Contribution:

What I see the main difference between angels and humans is that angels basically have a stronger drive towards the achievement of their goals (jobs) and their goals seldom change. You should know what I mean by now. Humans tend to think more about themselves than the collective whole. The goals they are pursuing may change easily, if not from time to time, because of various reasons, such as loss of interest, lack of compassion or have found a new goal. While angels, even if they have free will, feelings and thoughts, tend to be more stick to their goals for a much longer time if they are not reluctant to carry out their jobs. And their motives are much more higher too.
2008-01-25 18:26
Find
Give Thanks
Angelbunny
Copy cat
Kintype:
Otherkin:

I need help in this area. As I have trouble with my two sides and pretty much am tired of humanity and humans. In my time down here I have become a tad dark and bitter. I do see some bright spots in people yes. I do not know what I do to alert them to me but they see my sadness and feel they need to comment to hang in there blah blah blah. I laugh on the inside if they only knew and sadly it is not as easy as how they say it is to be. I am just at odd with this and just not fitting in no matter how hard I try to and go by the so called rules. I just dont think I can live for others anymore and I got to follow my own self. It still so hard though cause Ive been a human robot for so long it seems
2008-02-19 5:49
Find
Give Thanks
misha tia
Biophysical researcher
Kintype:
Otherkin:

Angelbunny Wrote:I need help in this area. As I have trouble with my two sides and pretty much am tired of humanity and humans. In my time down here I have become a tad dark and bitter. I do see some bright spots in people yes. I do not know what I do to alert them to me but they see my sadness and feel they need to comment to hang in there blah blah blah. I laugh on the inside if they only knew and sadly it is not as easy as how they say it is to be. I am just at odd with this and just not fitting in no matter how hard I try to and go by the so called rules. I just dont think I can live for others anymore and I got to follow my own self. It still so hard though cause Ive been a human robot for so long it seems
I worry that answering this i may be distracting from the main topic, but I'm going to anyway. You got to remember despite our souls, we're first and foremost human. Social awkwardness is often part of that. Accept kindness when it's given even if you think the comment is foolish (which it often is). Don't go by the so called rules. People can stop and reject a fake before you blink. Be yourself, not everyone will like you, but those that do will love you. However, you need to find yourself first, so in the mean time just be genuine, then civil.

"If we knew what we were doing, it wouldn't be called Research." -A. Einstein
2008-02-19 16:35
Find
Give Thanks
Taiaka
Eager beaver
Kintype:
Otherkin:

Ashaiel Wrote:In fact, my very point is that "what it means to be human" is really only the fact that we can walk upright and have more dominion over the Earth than any other species.

Oh! That made me so sad to hear. And then Angel Apprentice's reply, made my heart heavy. You forget hat humans have responcibilities that include working jobs they hate, muting self-desire and responcibilities to their families. It may look like they have no drive, selfish wavering goals, and a lack of achievement because living a fruitful life, often invlves sacrifice. Humans have society to worry about, morgages, new babies on the way, etc. Angels, sorry to say, do not. So its kinda comparing apples and oranges if your going by personality traits, addictions, and achievements. Walking upright doesn't make us human; there are so many wonderful facets of being human- like creativity. Like religion. Like singing and crying at the same time and love. Angels don't have the monopoly on love and kindness. Its just very difficult to see past the 'bad things' that humans love to do to see the damn amazing things we have achieved. Its easy to speculate about angels because you can't ask one the questions you have, humans on the other hand are everywhere, all around you. Its not fair to damn them and their culture and label them as a whole. Like RK said, every being has unlimited potential and sometimes it makes me mad as hell when people long for their kintype so much that they refuse to acknowledge the gifts we have as humans. Of course, I'd be passionate about this, I mean, my kintype is human, its what I embrace as 'perfect'.
FWIW,
Taiaka

"Will minus intellect constitutes vulgarity." -Arthur Schopenhauer

[Image: smokersigwt8.jpg]
2008-02-19 17:15
Find
Give Thanks
Feral
Copy cat
Kintype:
Otherkin:

This message says nothing.
2008-02-20 2:15
Find
Give Thanks
Ashaiel
student
Kintype:
Otherkin:

Taiaka Wrote:
Ashaiel Wrote:In fact, my very point is that "what it means to be human" is really only the fact that we can walk upright and have more dominion over the Earth than any other species.

Oh! That made me so sad to hear. And then Angel Apprentice's reply, made my heart heavy. You forget hat humans have responcibilities that include working jobs they hate, muting self-desire and responcibilities to their families. It may look like they have no drive, selfish wavering goals, and a lack of achievement because living a fruitful life, often invlves sacrifice. Humans have society to worry about, morgages, new babies on the way, etc. Angels, sorry to say, do not. So its kinda comparing apples and oranges if your going by personality traits, addictions, and achievements. Walking upright doesn't make us human; there are so many wonderful facets of being human- like creativity. Like religion. Like singing and crying at the same time and love. Angels don't have the monopoly on love and kindness. Its just very difficult to see past the 'bad things' that humans love to do to see the damn amazing things we have achieved. Its easy to speculate about angels because you can't ask one the questions you have, humans on the other hand are everywhere, all around you. Its not fair to damn them and their culture and label them as a whole. Like RK said, every being has unlimited potential and sometimes it makes me mad as hell when people long for their kintype so much that they refuse to acknowledge the gifts we have as humans. Of course, I'd be passionate about this, I mean, my kintype is human, its what I embrace as 'perfect'.
FWIW,
Taiaka

I never said humans don't ever do anything good. They do a lot of good things, and I didn't mean to imply that they never do. You're very right: angels, in some respects, don't have as much to worry about as human beings.

However, let's not forget that in a way, it does balance out. Angels, at least in their natural habitat, have a lot they have to do if they don't want the whole of existence to fall apart. I'm sure a lot of them can think of a bunch of things they would rather do, but the order of the universe is at stake if they don't -- not to mention their Home, seeing as they could very well get "fired" for disobeying the Creator, and therefore lose everything. Many of us here should know. Now that I think of it, that's actually another similarity between angels and humans.

Besides, who is to say that animals don't love, or have their own kind of religion, or can't be creative in some way?

It's not that I long for Home so much that I resent being human . . . I actually am rather enjoying being human; and to be honest, if I could go back right now, I wouldn't. Home isn't what it used to be, after all . . . even if, by going Home, every problem I face now could be erased, the fact is that I would still love every human being on this planet; and therefore, when they hurt -- particularly the ones I'm very close to -- so would I. The end of incarnation would not by any means be the end of all cares.

~ Ashaiel

Magnificat anima mea Dominum!
2008-02-20 5:09
Find
Give Thanks
Angelbunny
Copy cat
Kintype:
Otherkin:

misha tia Wrote:
Angelbunny Wrote:I need help in this area. As I have trouble with my two sides and pretty much am tired of humanity and humans. In my time down here I have become a tad dark and bitter. I do see some bright spots in people yes. I do not know what I do to alert them to me but they see my sadness and feel they need to comment to hang in there blah blah blah. I laugh on the inside if they only knew and sadly it is not as easy as how they say it is to be. I am just at odd with this and just not fitting in no matter how hard I try to and go by the so called rules. I just dont think I can live for others anymore and I got to follow my own self. It still so hard though cause Ive been a human robot for so long it seems
I worry that answering this i may be distracting from the main topic, but I'm going to anyway. You got to remember despite our souls, we're first and foremost human. Social awkwardness is often part of that. Accept kindness when it's given even if you think the comment is foolish (which it often is). Don't go by the so called rules. People can stop and reject a fake before you blink. Be yourself, not everyone will like you, but those that do will love you. However, you need to find yourself first, so in the mean time just be genuine, then civil.

Why are we first and foremost human? I had no clue who I was until my awakening and I am now finally myself. Despite the dark and bitter part but oh well. being human is highly overated. I rather be a frog.
2008-02-21 6:19
Find
Give Thanks
misha tia
Biophysical researcher
Kintype:
Otherkin:

Angelbunny Wrote:
misha tia Wrote:

Why are we first and foremost human? I had no clue who I was until my awakening and I am now finally myself. Despite the dark and bitter part but oh well. being human is highly overated. I rather be a frog.

You are currently human. there is no way around that. No matter if your soul is not human it is only part of you, not all of you.

"If we knew what we were doing, it wouldn't be called Research." -A. Einstein
2008-02-21 14:36
Find
Give Thanks