Hide background
READ THIS!

Welcome to the Otherkinphenomena forum.

You really have to follow these instructions! Instructions will update as you progress.

If you wish to post on, or access most of the content of our forum and our community, please click here to register first, then follow the instructions below. If you have already registered, please log in, in the above "Hello There, Guest!" box.

Thanks for understanding and see you around.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
On Humanity: An Observation
Taiaka
Eager beaver
Kintype:
Otherkin:
Contribution: tick 

On Humanity: An Observation
An Excerpt from "Between Tannings: Two Heads Don't Help a Thing"

I'm a defeatest when it comes to humanity, and the perspective they lock themselves into. They spend moment behind moment trying to delicately place themselves into the proper role, they primp and preen their points of views until the actually point they lied and told us they were making is lost under the magnanamous crooning of their egos. They don't believe in anything but their opinions; and not the flesh of what they believe, but the fact that they believe it. It seems like the only confirmation that they need is in their own minds, so they seek out the machine minded brethren that will nod and smile. Not in agreement, because those people that sattelite their lives are just waiting for a chance to build up enough momentum to break away. No, no agreement, simply a tentative ally to attack a combined threat. Logic is a threat, its been used against them by everyone they have ever known. They deny the fact that this is a life we are living, not some side bar issue in between some extraordinary fantasy. We are humans because that is what we are, everything else that we can become must be built upon that foundation. Rather, they strip themselves to blackness and attempt to build arguements on nothing. It is too difficult to lower one's intellect and contest frivilous points of view.

"Will minus intellect constitutes vulgarity." -Arthur Schopenhauer

[Image: smokersigwt8.jpg]
2008-02-21 21:51
Find
Give Thanks
Selcar
Copy cat
Kintype:
Otherkin:
Contribution: tick 

Re: On Humanity: An Observation
Interesting - however not a quote I would put weight into from my opinion. Mostly because of the manner in which it is worded, seems to attempt to in a sweeping motion express a single viewpoint, and then provide itself credibility. The first half to express that humanity primps and tries to be something that we're not, and the latter is that with that, we like to argue on our perspectives/view points, because they are ours, that part of his posing is the denial of it's existence. However, since expressed is a view point, it sort of invalidates itself, does it not?
And then I wonder, I wonder the reason or the cause of posting this? What purpose?
Personally, I like <!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://xkcd.com/52/">http://xkcd.com/52/</a><!-- m --> infinitely more.

"Justice, like lightning, should appear, to few men's ruin but to all men's fear."

[Image: Selcar.jpg]
2008-02-21 22:09
Find
Give Thanks
Archer
Suing You
Kintype:
Otherkin:
Contribution: tick tick tick tick 

Re: On Humanity: An Observation
I see no observations in the original post that do not apply equally well to humans and otherkin.

Ubi Dubium, Ibi Libertas

Quote:"I have suffered from being misunderstood, but I would have suffered a hell of a lot more if I had been understood."

[Image: neverforgetm.png]
2008-02-23 0:59
Find
Give Thanks