Hide background
READ THIS!

Welcome to the Otherkinphenomena forum.

You really have to follow these instructions! Instructions will update as you progress.

If you wish to post on, or access most of the content of our forum and our community, please click here to register first, then follow the instructions below. If you have already registered, please log in, in the above "Hello There, Guest!" box.

Thanks for understanding and see you around.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Nymph?
Myenia
music student
Kintype:
Otherkin:
Contribution: tick 

Nymph?
I've found that there is very little available to find online as to what fae otherkin tend to experience, and only info about the mythological definition, which obviously doesn't usually quite apply to otherkin. I specifically am looking for articles and info reguarding nymphs and plant-related fae.

I have had a wierd suspicion lately that its possible I may have some fae blood or something, but I don't know if its just in my head. I've always helped my parents with our huge garden, and kept a few pepper plants of my own over the summers while I was growing up. This spring I spent all my spare money so I could have a garden-in-pots on my apartment porch (tomato, oregano, zuccini, 2 thai pepper, red bell pepper, cheyenne, and basil), and they've grown like crazy. The part that made me start questioning is that it felt like I could ask my plants to put effort into either growing or flowering...and every single one of them has responded every time. I've never been one of those otherkin that 'talks to trees,' at least that I know of. I have no memories that I've yet experienced, so I don't think its a previous life thing. I know that with blood, it has to do with where your family is from...so mine is half ireland, half italy. My parents also seem to have an unnatural ability with plants...our tomato plants would grow in excess of 6 feet and produce a good 80 tomatoes a week. I don't know what 'checkboxes' there are to finding out if there is any validity in my suspicions...what should I be looking for? Is it just coincidence?
Thanks!
2008-05-27 17:30
Find
Give Thanks
Elinox
Professional Pirate
Kintype: Lupine & Feline
Otherkin: Yes
Contribution: tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick 

Re: Nymph?
Unfortunately, I have yet to find as much information regarding the fae as other 'kin types. I think a lot of it has to do with just going with your instincts as well as understanding the truth behind the stories that are out there.

What you've described does sound like there is the possibility of green-thumb fae blood in you. I've known people who had a way with plants, but whether it's because they simply had a natural knack for green stuff or because they had some fae blood in them is unknown. I'd say that if things are starting to click and you're being drawn to fae as a possible reason, along with your family being from heavily fae populated areas, I'd say it's a likely possibility for you.

Just keep in mind that your family could simply have a gift with greenery. Not everything has an otherworldy reason. However, if after searching and learning you still have that pull towards having fae blood, then I'd say it's very likely the case with you.

Good luck searching and please keep us posted!

[Image: sGaXcqG.png]
Banner by me. If you want one too, see here.

"You're the best kind of crazy." -Murphy, The Dresden Files
2008-05-27 18:35
Find
Give Thanks
Seraphyna
Administrator
Kintype:
Otherkin:
Contribution: tick tick tick tick tick tick tick 

Re: Nymph?
The other possibility is that you have some kind of elemental aspect. Nymph-like beings can be seen as fae *or* as earth elementals.

[Image: seraphyna11_zps47e1e313.png]
"All that is gold does not glitter, not all those who wander are lost."-Tolkien
"All that we see or seem is but a dream within a dream."-Poe
2008-06-26 21:51
Find
Give Thanks