Hide background
READ THIS!

Welcome to the Otherkinphenomena forum.

You really have to follow these instructions! Instructions will update as you progress.

If you wish to post on, or access most of the content of our forum and our community, please click here to register first, then follow the instructions below. If you have already registered, please log in, in the above "Hello There, Guest!" box.

Thanks for understanding and see you around.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
No dignosis but am I still multiple?
Syraphin Faelad
Good Boi
Kintype: Mixed
Otherkin: Yes
Contribution: new

No dignosis but am I still multiple?
This is me just testing the water before I open up a little more.

Is it right for me to call myself a multiple without any dignosis or therapy to confirm it?

I dont want to insult anyone who know they are a system because I'm unsure if i am. There is lots of evidence I could be but at the same time I could be faking. Add in a lot of denyal about what is going on at the moment and i have no idea if i have the right to call myself a system.
2021-04-22 13:59
Find
Give Thanks
Elinox
Professional Pirate
Kintype: Lupine & Feline
Contribution: tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick 

RE: No dignosis but am I still multiple?
(2021-04-22 13:59)Syraphin Faelad Wrote:  Is it right for me to call myself a multiple without any dignosis or therapy to confirm it?

As far as I've seen, there is no "official" diagnosis you can get on being/not being a multiple system. Either you feel you are, based on introspection and research, or you're not. But the call is up to you. Wink

What makes you think you are a multiple system?

[Image: sGaXcqG.png]
Banner by me. If you want one too, see here.

"You're the best kind of crazy." -Murphy, The Dresden Files
2021-04-23 15:21
Find
Give Thanks
Azaphaer
That Fly JetDragon Moderator
Kintype: Dragon, Cybertronian
Contribution: tick 

You don't need a diagnosis to consider yourself(s) plural. Not all systems exist due to trauma, and some are even difficult to get a diagnosis if they do.

A resource I recommend for learning more is: https://pluralityresource.org/. Their page containing resource links also provides a great amount of other websites with more info on plurality. :>

[Image: image08.jpg?v=bf03c199]
Astral Dragon and Cybertronian Seeker
2021-04-23 21:31
Find
Give Thanks
Syraphin Faelad
Good Boi

(2021-04-23 15:21)Elinox Wrote:  What makes you think you are a multiple system?

I've always had this one person that's been with me scince an event dome years ago. At first I though spirit guide but he never clicked with my genuine spirit guides. Then I came across tulper (I know I'm spelling this wrong) an entity that shares the same body with you. But that never really fit ether. Was some time later when he took over the body and co hosted and I'd never really heard of that before.

Aside from him... there has been another that [spoilers/] would take control of the body and essentially push me out to halm the body.[\] It is like watching the body move but not being the one that moves it. Which kept freaking me out.

Then a few months ago, Boi arrives and everything turns to chaos. People are switching, I'm loosing days and time. Things are happning I have no control over and my mind is full of voices all shouting at each other because the abuser is let loose an... yeh... sorry this turned into a rant..

(2021-04-23 21:31)Azaphaer Wrote:  You don't need a diagnosis to consider yourself(s) plural. Not all systems exist due to trauma, and some are even difficult to get a diagnosis if they do.

A resource I recommend for learning more is: https://pluralityresource.org/. Their page containing resource links also provides a great amount of other websites with more info on plurality. :>

I've tried to contact therapists and support groups and no one will take me. But I'm glad I seem to have found somewhere, where people dont jump down my throat saying I'm lying.

Thank you for the link. I will check it out
(This post was last modified: 2021-04-23 23:01 by Syraphin Faelad.)
2021-04-23 22:58
Find
Give Thanks
Asherah
Super Moderator
Kintype: Unicorn, Datura stramonium

As someone who received a professional diagnosis of DID in 2017, I feel like it's important to say that my diagnosis didn't really do anything to change my experience... while we fit the DSM criteria for dissociative identity disorder, at the end of the day all that really does is let my doctors know that I'm not "normal". Lol.

You absolutely do not need a diagnosis, nor do you need to fit any diagnostic criteria, to be multiple. While you do need to have experienced trauma, experience time loss, amnesia, and so forth to fit the criteria for a dissociative disorder, you don't need to experience anything but having numerous people in one head to be multiple. It doesn't matter what make and model they take.

There's no one true way to be plural. :-)

On the subject of links, Azaphaer provided a great resource. I think Kinhost is great as well- the name can be confusing for people coming from our community XD they've got nothing to do with otherkinness, but rather, they've been a massive resource for plurality for many, many years. we've personally been using them as a resource since about 2013. They have loads of content to read through, we highly recommend.

multiple system of 20±.
we are hyakkimaru, dib, gutts, jeremy, seraph, hoxton, and more.

[Image: QnHghY0m.png]
2021-04-24 4:11
Find
Give Thanks
Syraphin Faelad
Good Boi

(2021-04-24 4:11)Asherah Wrote:  There's no one true way to be plural. :-)

On the subject of links, Azaphaer provided a great resource. I think Kinhost is great as well- the name can be confusing for people coming from our community XD they've got nothing to do with otherkinness, but rather, they've been a massive resource for plurality for many, many years. we've personally been using them as a resource since about 2013. They have loads of content to read through, we highly recommend.

Thank you I'll check it out.

If there are so many different types of multiple, is there a higher possibility that what I'm experiencing isnt multiple? If there is more room for error on my part. I know only I can really conform or deny but I cant help but have tyst doupt there.
2021-04-24 7:34
Find
Give Thanks
Asherah
Super Moderator
Kintype: Unicorn, Datura stramonium

(2021-04-24 7:34)Syraphin Faelad Wrote:  Thank you I'll check it out.

If there are so many different types of multiple, is there a higher possibility that what I'm experiencing isnt multiple? If there is more room for error on my part. I know only I can really conform or deny but I cant help but have tyst doupt there.

That's a very interesting postulation! I've thought about that too- with the definition being so broad, it's possible that you can loop back around and... not be multiple. We've considered it several times. We've tried living like a singlet- the longest we've done on record is about 2 and a half to three years.

We always, always crack and fall apart and become plural again. But for some people, because of how broad the definitions can be, they may be tricking themselves. It really is up to the system/individual to figure out, and I think the fact that you're questioning not being a system is a huge indicator that you very well might be one.

Most folks who malinger and fake don't second guess themselves. That's just some food for thought!

multiple system of 20±.
we are hyakkimaru, dib, gutts, jeremy, seraph, hoxton, and more.

[Image: QnHghY0m.png]
2021-04-25 0:19
Find
Give Thanks
Syraphin Faelad
Good Boi

(2021-04-25 0:19)Asherah Wrote:  That's a very interesting postulation! I've thought about that too- with the definition being so broad, it's possible that you can loop back around and... not be multiple. We've considered it several times. We've tried living like a singlet- the longest we've done on record is about 2 and a half to three years.

We always, always crack and fall apart and become plural again. But for some people, because of how broad the definitions can be, they may be tricking themselves. It really is up to the system/individual to figure out, and I think the fact that you're questioning not being a system is a huge indicator that you very well might be one.

Most folks who malinger and fake don't second guess themselves. That's just some food for thought!

How did you live as a singlet and what does that mean?
I've heard the word before but if we have others in our body. How do you manage to try.
I've always had 2 others with me but they had little influence. Could this time when I only had 2 other personalities be a time I was a singlet.

I have major problems with denial. If anything comes up that I dont like, I simply ignore and pretend it doesnt exist. I've been doing this alot at the moment. So maybe it's more a case of me trying not to be multiple rather than faking.
2021-04-25 7:40
Find
Give Thanks
Tdae
New
Kintype: ghost wolf
Otherkin: No

@Syraphin Faelad You've described some experiences like what people with DID/OSDD might experience. It's a spectrum condition and everyone experiences it a bit differently. Denial is part of the syndrome, and there is a saying, "Denial of DID is a symptom of DID." I'm going to give you another source you can look into: https://www.psychforums.com/dissociative-identity/
2021-04-28 4:50
Find
Give Thanks
Syraphin Faelad
Good Boi

(2021-04-28 4:50)Tdae Wrote:  @Syraphin Faelad You've described some experiences like what people with DID/OSDD might experience. It's a spectrum condition and everyone experiences it a bit differently. Denial is part of the syndrome, and there is a saying, "Denial of DID is a symptom of DID." I'm going to give you another source you can look into: https://www.psychforums.com/dissociative-identity/

Thsts great thanks. I'll look into it.

Isnt denyal a part of a lot of disorders though? I didn't want to be demonkin untill I adjusted. Same goes for some of the other problems I have, borderline personality being a big one. At the end of the day, no one wants a disorder. Particularly in a world that picks on any minorities or thoes that are different.
Syra
(This post was last modified: 2021-04-28 12:56 by Syraphin Faelad.)
2021-04-28 12:54
Find
Give Thanks