Hide background
READ THIS!

Welcome to the Otherkinphenomena forum.

You really have to follow these instructions! Instructions will update as you progress.

If you wish to post on, or access most of the content of our forum and our community, please click here to register first, then follow the instructions below. If you have already registered, please log in, in the above "Hello There, Guest!" box.

Thanks for understanding and see you around.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New, and in need of some serious help
Dessa
New
Kintype:
Otherkin:
Contribution:

New, and in need of some serious help
First and foremost, hello everybody, I'm new in here, and boy do I have a problem.

Ok, we don't really know what's going on.

I was awakened by a psychic vamp, we are not very sure of what I am, but... she woke too at that time, thing is... the weaker she gets, the weaker my energy flow is, and vice versa I'd say, we don't know what to do.

I just "avatar" myself into something, practically anything, a dragon, an angel, an anime character, even myself, just by focusing and the discharges I get are pretty bestial, feels like high voltage running through my body, but as she grows weaker, so does my own energy flow, I'm maintaning it by controlled breating, also, I'ts a bit difficult for me to stay away from home for long, that drains me too, altough I can maintain it by breathing, in fact I have an "unwelcome guest" sucking on me right now, and I'm keeping him from draining me just by breathing.

Here's the catch, she exhaustes pretty much anything, in fact, nobody in the know had seen anything like her before. Usually a psy-vamp "kiss" "caress" "withdrawal" or however you may want to call it is cold, but hers, it's freezing.

Problem, we are at a long distance now, kms away.

What to do?

And no, I'm as you may be noticing, pretty good at keeping parasites at bay.
2010-07-12 20:05
Find
Give Thanks
Elinox
Professional Pirate
Kintype: Lupine & Feline
Otherkin: Yes
Contribution: tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick 

Re: New, and in need of some serious help
Moved, as this is sort of your intro.

I'm somewhat confused by your post. Are you saying you and your friend, the psychic vampire, depend and trade energy to keep each other balanced?

As to you awakening at the same time as her, because of her own awakening, let me stress that your awakening/Otherkinness/etc. journey is your own and no one, not even a close friend, can tell you what you are. Other people can help, but only you can figure out what you identify as.

Have either of you tried finding an energy supply other than each other? What happens if you don't try controling this? And have you thought of normal explanations for this or seen a doctor to explain your energy loss?

[Image: sGaXcqG.png]
Banner by me. If you want one too, see here.

"You're the best kind of crazy." -Murphy, The Dresden Files
2010-07-12 20:56
Find
Give Thanks
Dessa
New
Kintype:
Otherkin:
Contribution:

Things have changed somehow, she tried feeding today, it drained us both.

This is freaking us out.

Doctors can't really help us, she tried feeding on another friend, filled her just a little, and he was really really in poor shape, after just a bit. I for the moment, can sustain myself on air. We are not sure how to proceed.

Perharps we are opposites? ---> Edit: WORST idea ever, I almost died.
2010-07-12 21:07
Find
Give Thanks
Terro
Gymnastics instructor and lifeguard
Kintype:
Otherkin:
Contribution: tick tick tick tick 

Actually no, there's no reason at all that a doctor visit would be detrimental. If you are having issues effecting you physically, I recommend you go and check yourself out with a physician. Unless you have some reason a doctor can't help you.

I would recommend a lot of the safer practices of "feeding" that are recommended by psychic Vampire sources, such as fresh fruit and vegetables rich in prana, staying in high energy places with crowds and absorbing the ambient energy.

So yes, welcome to the forum, I am somewhat confused by your introductory post... How long have you been experiencing these symptoms? When did they start? I assume you are talking about Astral Projection when you speak of "avatar" forms, which is actually very common and easy for one to change their "form" as the Astral Planes are largely based on perception and willpower. What I'm not sure about are the "discharges" you discussed, what do you mean by discharges? I'm also not sure the relationship you have with this other individual, are you two separate people? Are you discussing this female individual as a multiple personality or an astral presence or something else?

The maximum effective range of an excuse is zero meters.
-The Unit
2010-07-13 2:27
Find
Give Thanks
Kurogitsune
Poor student... lol
Kintype:
Otherkin:
Contribution:

Well I have heard of vamps waking up in odd ways.. they are rather a kind all to their own. No psi vamp should be needing THAT much energy unless something is very wrong inside and the body is struggling to keep it all balanced. so i agree you might both go see a doctor.

"Let every fox tend to his own tail"
~Italian Proverb
2010-07-13 2:53
Find
Give Thanks
Dessa
New
Kintype:
Otherkin:
Contribution:

Terro Wrote:Actually no, there's no reason at all that a doctor visit would be detrimental. If you are having issues effecting you physically, I recommend you go and check yourself out with a physician. Unless you have some reason a doctor can't help you.

I would recommend a lot of the safer practices of "feeding" that are recommended by psychic Vampire sources, such as fresh fruit and vegetables rich in prana, staying in high energy places with crowds and absorbing the ambient energy.

So yes, welcome to the forum, I am somewhat confused by your introductory post... How long have you been experiencing these symptoms? When did they start? I assume you are talking about Astral Projection when you speak of "avatar" forms, which is actually very common and easy for one to change their "form" as the Astral Planes are largely based on perception and willpower. What I'm not sure about are the "discharges" you discussed, what do you mean by discharges? I'm also not sure the relationship you have with this other individual, are you two separate people? Are you discussing this female individual as a multiple personality or an astral presence or something else?

Doctors can't find anything.

No, it's not that it's something somewhat different, basically, I gather energy by assuming an avatar, I don't think I can do it now. The "discharges" are actually energy charges, but feel like receiving an electric discharge trough the whole body, it's not exactly like that, but you get the idea. She is someone I love, but we are separated by distance, no she's not a multiple personality, she's another person, with her social security card, etc. I can barely feel her pressence now.

Kurogitsune Wrote:Well I have heard of vamps waking up in odd ways.. they are rather a kind all to their own. No psi vamp should be needing THAT much energy unless something is very wrong inside and the body is struggling to keep it all balanced. so i agree you might both go see a doctor.

She refused to absorb energy, I told her she had to look for some other sources besides me because I needed some rest but she refused to do it from anything who wasn't me, and her needs started growing, and growing, and when she weakens, so do I.

Edit: Ok, I still can, but it's very weak.

I think I understand, but this looks very grim.
2010-07-13 6:21
Find
Give Thanks
Elinox
Professional Pirate
Kintype: Lupine & Feline
Otherkin: Yes
Contribution: tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick 

Do you think your loss of energy, and subsequently hers too, is simply a mental result of you being separated by distance? Almost like you feel "lost" without having her close by which is resulting in a manifestation of you feeling drained energy-wise. Perhaps simply giving it time, to adjust to being apart, will help you feel less drained. Just a thought.

However if this continues, there's nothing wrong in at least checking with a doctor as there could be a very real physical problem that could be treated.

[Image: sGaXcqG.png]
Banner by me. If you want one too, see here.

"You're the best kind of crazy." -Murphy, The Dresden Files
2010-07-13 13:13
Find
Give Thanks
Miniar
Artist
Kintype:
Otherkin:
Contribution: tick tick tick tick 

Have either one of you been to a doctor with the physical symptoms?

No otherkin/vamp can "awaken" another person. It doesn't work that way.
Awakening is a poor word specifically because it implies a sudden change in state of being. The truth is that "awakening" is a slow process of selfexploration, introspection, etc. It takes time, the willingness to be brutally honest with oneself, and doubt.

If you have an unhealthy connection with this person (which it sounds like) I'd consider brushing up on the basics of meditation and energy-work and severing those connections. The current condition is mutually detrimental.

[Image: Signiature.jpg]
"Those who can't approach discussion with a basic level of intelligence and maturity shouldn't expect to be taken seriously." ~ Qualia Soup
2010-07-13 14:03
Find
Give Thanks
Dessa
New
Kintype:
Otherkin:
Contribution:

Miniar Wrote:Have either one of you been to a doctor with the physical symptoms?

No otherkin/vamp can "awaken" another person. It doesn't work that way.
Awakening is a poor word specifically because it implies a sudden change in state of being. The truth is that "awakening" is a slow process of selfexploration, introspection, etc. It takes time, the willingness to be brutally honest with oneself, and doubt.

If you have an unhealthy connection with this person (which it sounds like) I'd consider brushing up on the basics of meditation and energy-work and severing those connections. The current condition is mutually detrimental.

Both of us went, no problems detected.

Yes, a vamp CAN wake you, in fact, he/she can watch what you see. You BETTER find out, as a vamp CAN cause you some vampirism, hereby disallowing you from normal energy recovery, without you being able to drain yourself others.

You can meditate and de-meditate all you want, if you are being drained, you are being drained, better cast them out OR move like you are on fire.

Anyways, she is pretty particular, in fact she was able to heal me, and she's reconvering herself too. And yes, I found out. The problem is apparently solved at least for the moment.
2010-07-13 18:11
Find
Give Thanks
Kurogitsune
Poor student... lol
Kintype:
Otherkin:
Contribution:

I do hate to be a thorn in the side.. but you do know that any mediocre magician can do the exact sort of energy drain thing if they really took the notion to. also at best a vamp or magician could awaken a state of temporary artificial vampirism which from what I've seen in texts and first hand seems to me to be a rather unpleasant existence. I do however consent that it is in the common vamps literature that vamps tend to be able to find unawakened vamps, to my recollection they call it the beacon. so it is possible for something akin to what you mentioned there to have occurred i suppose *shrug* I would just be cautious.

"Let every fox tend to his own tail"
~Italian Proverb
2010-07-13 18:19
Find
Give Thanks