Hide background
READ THIS!

Welcome to the Otherkinphenomena forum.

You really have to follow these instructions! Instructions will update as you progress.

If you wish to post on, or access most of the content of our forum and our community, please click here to register first, then follow the instructions below. If you have already registered, please log in, in the above "Hello There, Guest!" box.

Thanks for understanding and see you around.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New Forum, New Intro
Elinox
Professional Pirate
Kintype: Lupine & Feline
Otherkin: Yes
Contribution: tick tick tick tick tick tick tick 

New Forum, New Intro
In an effort to jumpstart OKP and get some activity here for new members, here is a new intro from an old member. Tongue

Personal Life: I am Elinox, or Eli for short. It's pronounced "Ee-lie-knocks" and is a mix of Gaelic and Latin. I'm a female-bodied, 39 year old, happily married, cat mom of 3 furbabies, wolf/werewolf and feline, eclectic Wiccan, introvert, who loves reading, writing and scuba diving.

Education/Profession: I went to college for English and currently work as a secretary. I left my previous job of almost 15 years for my current one (started just as the pandemic hit in March 2020) and while it keeps me pretty busy all day long, it is so much better for my mental health overall! I am also a published author.

Interests/Hobbies: Besides enjoying writing, I am also an avid reader. My favorite book/movie is The 10th Kingdom (book by Kathryn Wesley) and it was a miniseries that aired on cable in the USA in 2000.

I am a scuba diver and am working on getting my master diver certification. I will be wreck certified soon! Other than that, I have my Advanced Open Water, Nitrox, Rescue Diver, and Full Face Mask certs too. I also volunteer at a local aquarium that has a hammerhead shark in the tank; he's a sweetie!

Spirituality: I was raised UCC Protestant but I've come to call myself an eclectic Wiccan that draws from animism, totemism, Druidry and Wicca all mixed together. I don't follow a specific pantheon, but have found that reaching out to individual deities has worked best for me. I have worked with Hekate and pray to Bast regularly for my furbabies.

Nerd Version:
• Chaotic Good
• Hufflepuff (animagus form: wolf; patronus: otter; pet: cat; wand: 10" ebony wood with unicorn hair core)
• Water & metal furies
• pirates > ninjas
• werewolves > vampires
• Farscape & Doctor Who > every other sci-fi show ever
• Iron Druid forms: mouse, wolf, barred owl, otter
• Misting: Tineye
• Surgebinder: Elsecaller

Otherkinness: I reawakened around 2001 and have been active in both the therian (about 2004) and otherkin online communities (2008) for years. I am a wolf/werewolf, what I actually call a Lupine. (Lupines are similar to the idea of a werewolf, which is why I tend to use wolf and werewolf interchangeably for my experiences.) I am also a feline; this was a recent realization of something that's been inherent in me since I was very little.

I feel both are due to a combination of spirituality (past lives, shifts, phantom limbs, behaviors and instincts) and psychological (brain wiring, identity, disconnect from humanity, species dysphoria).

I experience astral (voluntary), cameo (involuntary), dream (occasional), mental (rare), phantom (frequent/permanent) and sensory (frequent) shifts.

If you want to know anything else, or want more details on something I've shared, please don't hesitate to ask!

Nice to meet you all and I'm happy OKP is up and running again!

[Image: sGaXcqG.png]
Banner by me. If you want one too, see here.

"You're the best kind of crazy." -Murphy, The Dresden Files
2021-04-21 1:13
Find
Give Thanks
Sonne
vampiric mongoose-cat
Kintype: cat, horse, mongoose, theropod, vampirekin
Contribution:

RE: New Forum, New Intro
Hey! Nice to see this place being 'revived' & seeing you here as the owner :3 I hope activity renews in this place over time; it's good to have these resources around.

My therianthropy and spiritual writings: [Image: 07sanctuary_sig.gif]
Poly'kin of: mongoose, domestic cat, domestic horse, winged theropod (erdenvogel), and vampire'kin (blutpir) [not a pranic nor sang kind of vampire]
2021-04-27 6:03
Find
Give Thanks
Bubbles
Mlem
Kintype: Dragon and polytherian.
Contribution: new

RE: New Forum, New Intro
I'm super happy that OKP is getting a "revamp"!
I'm a parent of a three-legged furbaby, and a fluffy white one that likes to shed on my black uniform!
Yay... xP
2021-04-27 11:45
Find
Give Thanks