Hide background
READ THIS!

Welcome to the Otherkinphenomena forum.

You really have to follow these instructions! Instructions will update as you progress.

If you wish to post on, or access most of the content of our forum and our community, please click here to register first, then follow the instructions below. If you have already registered, please log in, in the above "Hello There, Guest!" box.

Thanks for understanding and see you around.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
My belief in souls.
Angila
Copy cat
Kintype:
Otherkin:
Contribution: tick 

My belief in souls.
I know a lot of otherkin do not believe in souls but, I myself am to the point where I absultely believe souls exsist.

Thats all i wana say...... we have souls otherwise we would not be able to be otherkin.

^^
2012-07-18 7:02
Find
Give Thanks
Rain
Eager beaver
Kintype:
Otherkin:
Contribution: tick tick 

Re: My belief in souls.
If you absolutely believe that a soul exists, can you explain to me what it is you view as a "soul"?

Honestly, I believe that a good deal of the "disbelief" comes in the largely ambiguous nature of the term itself as well as its common usage in certain religions that may or may not convey the intended meaning.

As for claiming that we have souls because, without them, we would not be otherkin, is to disregard a number of other explanations for the origin and existence of otherkin.

~~~
2012-07-18 10:21
Find
Give Thanks
Angila
Copy cat
Kintype:
Otherkin:

Rain Wrote:If you absolutely believe that a soul exists, can you explain to me what it is you view as a "soul"?

Honestly, I believe that a good deal of the "disbelief" comes in the largely ambiguous nature of the term itself as well as its common usage in certain religions that may or may not convey the intended meaning.

As for claiming that we have souls because, without them, we would not be otherkin, is to disregard a number of other explanations for the origin and existence of otherkin.

I can't really explain what a soul is, all i know is that it carries something from one body 2 the next..... I do not know exactly what they are meant for but I do know that they exist inside us. Maybe not all of us, but some of us.
2012-07-25 1:29
Find
Give Thanks
Seraphyna
Administrator
Kintype:
Otherkin:
Contribution: tick tick tick tick tick tick tick 

If you don't know what they are or what they are for...then how can you be so sure they exist?

[Image: seraphyna11_zps47e1e313.png]
"All that is gold does not glitter, not all those who wander are lost."-Tolkien
"All that we see or seem is but a dream within a dream."-Poe
2012-07-25 2:09
Find
Give Thanks
Angila
Copy cat
Kintype:
Otherkin:

Seraphyna Wrote:If you don't know what they are or what they are for...then how can you be so sure they exist?

I believe they have a purpose higher then our knowledge. Thats what I honestly think, I mean I can feel my soul inside of me now...
2012-07-25 22:30
Find
Give Thanks
Edge
Copy cat
Kintype:
Otherkin:
Contribution:

I can't. I'm actually pretty positive I don't have a soul at least not as they are portrayed in media. I don't particularly miss it other than wondering what it's supposed to be anyway. I don't really care if they exist or not.

I'm the one with the power around here. -Rumplestiltskin
2012-07-27 19:35
Find
Give Thanks
Seraphyna
Administrator
Kintype:
Otherkin:
Contribution: tick tick tick tick tick tick tick 

Angila Wrote:
Seraphyna Wrote:If you don't know what they are or what they are for...then how can you be so sure they exist?

I believe they have a purpose higher then our knowledge. Thats what I honestly think, I mean I can feel my soul inside of me now...

I just don't get how you can "know" what you feel and believe is for a "purpose higher than our knowledge" is your soul when you don't know what a soul is or what it's really for. That's like saying "I know I own a toaster and I believe they have something to do with bread...but I'm not sure what a toaster is exactly or what it's entirely for". It's something of a logical fallacy. I mean, for all you know what you think is your soul is your psyche, spirit, faith, flying spaghetti monster, psychosomatic, the possibilities go on.

[Image: seraphyna11_zps47e1e313.png]
"All that is gold does not glitter, not all those who wander are lost."-Tolkien
"All that we see or seem is but a dream within a dream."-Poe
2012-07-27 20:37
Find
Give Thanks
Natani
Disabled, medically discharged from 1st recon USMC Unit echo 4
Kintype:
Otherkin:

Hun I love you but I don't think its fair to say the soul is what makes us otherkin. On the other hand I van offer an explanation as to what a soul is, well to me atleast. A soul is living energy generally souls are no different from species to species save for the way the energy feels or flows it is the main driving force of our bodies and our knowledge and memories in life effect the soul and develops what our souls are in the end and souls who are older can effect the body. (mentally mainly) on the species that the soul infact ended up settling on.

This supports angila's claim but as I stated before it is my opinion of what the soul is.

[Image: lunarwolf.png]
2012-08-05 2:33
Find
Give Thanks
Anetiel
Student
Kintype:
Otherkin:
Contribution:

I personally believe that souls exist, and that they are the life energy that emanates from every living thing. I also believe we are souls, rather than we have a soul.

There's a lot more to my ideas than that, but those statements pretty much sum up the relevant bits.

Icon: original here.
2012-08-19 3:32
Find
Give Thanks
Angila
Copy cat
Kintype:
Otherkin:

I guess the whole issues on souls is very complicated. If I ever come u with solid proof I will post it.
2012-08-20 21:02
Find
Give Thanks