Hide background
READ THIS!

Welcome to the Otherkinphenomena forum.

You really have to follow these instructions! Instructions will update as you progress.

If you wish to post on, or access most of the content of our forum and our community, please click here to register first, then follow the instructions below. If you have already registered, please log in, in the above "Hello There, Guest!" box.

Thanks for understanding and see you around.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Midnight Nation
Archer
Suing You
Kintype:
Otherkin:
Contribution: tick tick tick tick 

Midnight Nation
12 issue comic book series reprinted in graphic novel format. Written by Joe Michael Straczynski and pencilled by Gary Frank.

It's about a man who loses his soul, falls in between the cracks of the world, and ends up forgotten and invisible . . . and emarks on a journey to take his soul back.

It was inspired by JMS, deeply depressed, wandering the streets of San Diego. He did it at night, sometimes all night, for a year. And San Diego in the 70s was not a pleasant place to walk at night. He would see gangs, drug dealers, rapists, things he wanted to forget but would never be able to. He was even attacked at one point and beaten within an inch of his life.

And one day, he saw a street corner in the daylight, the same street corner that at midnight was peopled by the homeless and the destitute and the criminal - but in the daylight it was peopled by children, by office workers in suits, by people that worked in theatres.

And JMS became intimiately aware that in every big city there are in fact two cities: the daylight nation that we live in, and the midnight nation that we can fall into. Knowing that, he clawed his way back to the daylight, got his life in order, became one of the most talented writers in modern American literature, and after twenty years wrote Midnight Nation.

The story of a guy who falls through the cracks, loses his soul, and has to walk - and fight - to save himself.

Starring angels, and the Devil, and God in a supporting role. With Lazarus, and a rebellion in Heaven, adn drive-in movie theatres.

If you're an angel, read it. If you've questioned your relationship with the Maker, read it. If you've walked all night looking for your soul . . . read it.

That is all.

Ubi Dubium, Ibi Libertas

Quote:"I have suffered from being misunderstood, but I would have suffered a hell of a lot more if I had been understood."

[Image: neverforgetm.png]
2009-01-27 2:30
Find
Give Thanks
Motley
Elephant in the room
Kintype:
Otherkin:
Contribution: tick tick 

Re: Midnight Nation
You had me at Joe Michael Straczynski.

[Image: motleybanner2.png]
"I inherited the spirit of the sun. I'll meet you when the day breaks through. It's time to shine and make all your dreams come true. Come on, wish upon a dog star!" -Hybrid
2009-01-27 5:08
Find
Give Thanks
simim23
Eager beaver
Kintype:
Otherkin:
Contribution: tick tick 

I think I shall read it, solely because I know how different things can be at midnight.

But, I like the destitute happenings of my city as I wander about at night, to most others' dismay.

The comic sounds interesting nonetheless. *goes off to find it*

Simim: Rainbow poop at your disservice.
[Image: 313pq88.png]
2009-01-27 8:25
Find
Give Thanks
Selcar
Copy cat
Kintype:
Otherkin:
Contribution: tick 

Ooh. That made me get goosebumps.

"Justice, like lightning, should appear, to few men's ruin but to all men's fear."

[Image: Selcar.jpg]
2009-01-27 12:01
Find
Give Thanks