Hide background
READ THIS!

Welcome to the Otherkinphenomena forum.

You really have to follow these instructions! Instructions will update as you progress.

If you wish to post on, or access most of the content of our forum and our community, please click here to register first, then follow the instructions below. If you have already registered, please log in, in the above "Hello There, Guest!" box.

Thanks for understanding and see you around.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lunar Eclipses?
Silyon
HS student
Kintype:
Otherkin:
Contribution: tick 

Lunar Eclipses?
Has any dragon here experienced odd sensations on the night of lunar eclipses, or leading up to it? Even if you didn't realize it was an eclipse till perhaps a few days to weeks later? If so, please describe if you feel like.

For now, just a general census-type of question.
2008-02-13 21:26
Find
Give Thanks
Deros
High School/College Student
Kintype:
Otherkin:
Contribution: tick tick 

Re: Lunar Eclipses?
My memory's too fuzzy to say, and I get random sensations and mood swings at least once a week (just to keep some variety going). So I can't really say that this applies to me.

[Image: Banner-1.jpg]
I would have learned a lot from life if I hadn't spent most of my time being educated.
2008-02-13 21:34
Find
Give Thanks
chaitea
Registered Nurse
Kintype:
Otherkin:

I get odd sensations at various intervals every so often, but i haven't noticed if there is a pattern relating to them and the moon phases. Though i do doubt it (for myself, at least).

Home is where the hoard is
[Image: tactless_dragon_banner.png]
2008-02-14 2:09
Find
Give Thanks
farlane
Copy cat
Kintype:
Otherkin:
Contribution:

I to have mood swings and can get unreasonably angry at times (tho that might just be my Irish temper rearing its ugly head) but have never found any pattern to it , and while i don't think that it has anything to do with the moon, it is a very interesting theory.

do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and good with ketchup.
2008-02-17 20:30
Find
Give Thanks
Shiari
Veterinary Technician
Kintype:
Otherkin:
Contribution: tick 

Celestial events have never had any impact upon me aside from a feeling of wonder. I love natural phenomena, be it the first new blades of grass in 'spring' or a baby bird taking its first flight. It's also the reason I'm willing to be up at 3am on a deserted and dark road out in the boonies, just so I can watch a meteor shower.
2008-02-19 20:10
Find
Give Thanks
Alynn'nari
Copy cat
Kintype:
Otherkin:
Contribution:

Don't know about ecplises but when ever the moon is full or near it I get whacked with Wanderlust; eg the urge to travel.
2008-09-07 6:50
Find
Give Thanks
Annwyn
Super Moderator
Kintype:
Otherkin:

For me, lunar eclipses don't do anything...the moon doesn't even do anything outside of what it would normally do to a woman.

Members: Gabriel, Lestat, Nico, Fenrir, and Nathaniel.
2008-09-08 19:55
Find
Give Thanks
Amanake167
Student
Kintype:
Otherkin:
Contribution:

Tala'orin Wrote:Don't know about ecplises but when ever the moon is full or near it I get whacked with Wanderlust; eg the urge to travel.

I also feel the need to wander during the full moon. I dont know the reason for it though...
2008-12-11 15:35
Find
Give Thanks
momo
Elephant in the room
Kintype:
Otherkin:

Amanake167 Wrote:I also feel the need to wander during the full moon. I dont know the reason for it though...

Hi, Amanake. Introduce yourself in the correct subforum, if you please.

My guesses are - full moons cast a lot of light. I even had trouble sleeping last night because it was lighting up my room - the brain often interprets light as 'daytime' and darkness as 'night-time/sleeping time' due to instinct. Night time is generally hard for potential predators to see us, in day-time we can see where we're running if we are chased by a predator, and it can get pretty darn cold at night. Therefore when you see the full moon out, your brain may instinctively react "ooh, light=day, I should be awake by now".

Of course, it's a theory - and even then one related to human behaviour, but o hai food for thought. If our brains were easy enough to understand we still wouldn't understand them.

Also, thanks to books, films, plays and other media, full moons are that 'magical' time. It's normal for people to want to submerge themselves in that environment.

~ Lishie

Thanks to Elinox for the banner!
[Image: momobanner2ok0.png]
Fear the Lishie, Blake and Rizumu.
2008-12-11 17:43
Find
Give Thanks
vampyre_smiles
Copy cat
Kintype:
Otherkin:

momo Wrote:My guesses are - full moons cast a lot of light. I even had trouble sleeping last night because it was lighting up my room - the brain often interprets light as 'daytime' and darkness as 'night-time/sleeping time' due to instinct. Night time is generally hard for potential predators to see us, in day-time we can see where we're running if we are chased by a predator, and it can get pretty darn cold at night. Therefore when you see the full moon out, your brain may instinctively react "ooh, light=day, I should be awake by now".

Which is kinda funny, cuz it's easier for me to sleep when it's bright out and harder when it's dark. But I have an even harder time sleeping at night on full moons...

[Image: 2mLJ.gif]
2008-12-12 5:34
Find
Give Thanks