Hide background
READ THIS!

Welcome to the Otherkinphenomena forum.

You really have to follow these instructions! Instructions will update as you progress.

If you wish to post on, or access most of the content of our forum and our community, please click here to register first, then follow the instructions below. If you have already registered, please log in, in the above "Hello There, Guest!" box.

Thanks for understanding and see you around.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Losing Headmates
Ausse
Artist, Student, Cook
Kintype:
Otherkin:
Contribution:

Losing Headmates
This is a question that I've had for months now, but is it possible for a multiple system to "lose" a headmate? And I don't mean a walk-in, either. I've been losing contact with my system more and more, even thought I know the whole of it has never changed.

But if it is possible to "lose" headmates, then is there a way to get them back, or is it like that are gone for good? Any answers would be better than nothing.

Thanks.
2009-12-07 4:10
Find
Give Thanks
House Hesson
cat slave
Kintype:
Otherkin:
Contribution: tick tick tick 

Re: Losing Headmates
Yes, people can walk out (one of our originals did so this year), and it's also possible to just have communication difficulties. The latter tends to resolve itself in time; we don't know of any ways to speed that up, unfortunately.

-blurry

"All knowledge is worth having." -Phedre no Delaunay

"Everything has a price." -Jaenelle Angelline

"I think if you try, that's being your best." -Echo
2009-12-07 22:46
Find
Give Thanks
Malakoi
Eager beaver
Kintype:
Otherkin:
Contribution: tick tick 

Both of my former headmates left and walked out of this body. I would like very much to communicate with them again, but I've yet to find any means of doing so. If anyone figures out how to do it, let me know. o.O

[Image: malakoi2.png]
2009-12-08 2:42
Find
Give Thanks
Ausse
Artist, Student, Cook
Kintype:
Otherkin:
Contribution:

But what about a whole headspace (in a sense)worth of headmates? That's my only thing, since we use to be rather vast in numbers, yet now only a few of us have been able to come together and keep the headspace stable. I think some might still be there, but, aw fuck, it's confusing as hell to explain. I do know, though, that things are "falling apart" to an extent with the headmates/headspace, so I am all the more curious.
2009-12-09 2:40
Find
Give Thanks
Archer
Suing You
Kintype:
Otherkin:
Contribution: tick tick tick tick 

Ausse Wrote:But what about a whole headspace (in a sense)worth of headmates? That's my only thing, since we use to be rather vast in numbers, yet now only a few of us have been able to come together and keep the headspace stable. I think some might still be there, but, aw fuck, it's confusing as hell to explain. I do know, though, that things are "falling apart" to an extent with the headmates/headspace, so I am all the more curious.

If it's the whole lot who have gone - or most of them - then maybe it would be more useful to think of yourself as leaving them, rather than them as leaving you?

Ubi Dubium, Ibi Libertas

Quote:"I have suffered from being misunderstood, but I would have suffered a hell of a lot more if I had been understood."

[Image: neverforgetm.png]
2009-12-10 20:23
Find
Give Thanks
Ausse
Artist, Student, Cook
Kintype:
Otherkin:
Contribution:

Sadly, that does make more sense. But how often does it happen though, that people lose headmates, or vice versa?

In any case, thank you, Archer, that does seem to help quell some of the conundrum in my own mind.
2009-12-10 22:07
Find
Give Thanks
Archer
Suing You
Kintype:
Otherkin:
Contribution: tick tick tick tick 

Ausse Wrote:Sadly, that does make more sense. But how often does it happen though, that people lose headmates, or vice versa?

Well, I've certainly had temporary periods of disconnection from my other half. For all I know there have been more who I've lost as well - but if I have, and if they're gone, I don't know how aware I'd be of it. (Potentially the person would leave and also the memories of that person.)

Ubi Dubium, Ibi Libertas

Quote:"I have suffered from being misunderstood, but I would have suffered a hell of a lot more if I had been understood."

[Image: neverforgetm.png]
2009-12-12 2:38
Find
Give Thanks
Natani
Disabled, medically discharged from 1st recon USMC Unit echo 4
Kintype:
Otherkin:
Contribution: tick 

Is it possible for one of the spirits/head mates to be destroyed?

[Image: lunarwolf.png]
2012-06-29 17:13
Find
Give Thanks
Elinox
Professional Pirate
Kintype: Lupine & Feline
Otherkin: Yes
Contribution: tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick 

Natani Wrote:Is it possible for one of the spirits/head mates to be destroyed?

Sure, the same as headmates can integrate into each other or simply opt to leave the system. Why do you ask?

[Image: sGaXcqG.png]
Banner by me. If you want one too, see here.

"You're the best kind of crazy." -Murphy, The Dresden Files
2012-06-29 18:45
Find
Give Thanks
Natani
Disabled, medically discharged from 1st recon USMC Unit echo 4
Kintype:
Otherkin:
Contribution: tick 

I'm missing the mage in my system leaving a warrior type of soul in the form of a black wolf kynar a kitsune and my self being the hunter type I only remember something happening in the spirit world and him dissapating and screaming bloody murder....
I wanted to make sure that a spirit could be more or less broken down into energy and possibly absorbed into another or what ever happoned.

~Lyra

[Image: lunarwolf.png]
2012-06-30 2:39
Find
Give Thanks