Hide background
READ THIS!

Welcome to the Otherkinphenomena forum.

You really have to follow these instructions! Instructions will update as you progress.

If you wish to post on, or access most of the content of our forum and our community, please click here to register first, then follow the instructions below. If you have already registered, please log in, in the above "Hello There, Guest!" box.

Thanks for understanding and see you around.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Labrys Encephalon
Sariel
Minister, Scholar, Historian, Teacher.
Kintype:
Otherkin:
Contribution: tick 

Labrys Encephalon
Labrys Encephalon, or "dual mind".

For me, there are only two of us.
For other multiples, there are 2-?.

But I write this because I've lived with my other my whole life, not knowing what we were or really, who she was.
I feel that as the saying goes, "two heads are better than one".
Some of us didn't want to believe it, some of us thought we were insane, and others still knew it, just didn't want to live in unison, feeling as if we had to give up our bodies.

I felt that way recently, thinking that I should have complete control of me, with nothing else even in the mix.
But I realized, my other has done a lot for me, bringing me here, helping me grow, defending me even on a physical level.
It's hard to define what I was feeling selfish, because, let's face it, I'm me. But then I realized, so is Sariel.
I can't imagine being among several, or even hundreds of others, but I know that with me, even one other was difficult.
But now I see a simple truth...

I realized now I will never be lonely. Even if I was the last person on Earth, there would still be my other.

And so for those of you feeling betrayed, maybe like it's a curse rather than a blessing, I encourage you to try to embrace your other(s). It helped me, it may help you as well.

"Give to me a moment, and I will offer you eternity."- Sariel
2009-08-14 18:24
Find
Give Thanks
Archer
Suing You
Kintype:
Otherkin:
Contribution: tick tick tick tick 

Re: Labrys Encephalon
Sariel Wrote:I realized now I will never be lonely. Even if I was the last person on Earth, there would still be my other.

Blessing and a curse, that one. Though I'd say "never be alone", rather than "never be lonely".

Ubi Dubium, Ibi Libertas

Quote:"I have suffered from being misunderstood, but I would have suffered a hell of a lot more if I had been understood."

[Image: neverforgetm.png]
2009-08-15 14:28
Find
Give Thanks
Sariel
Minister, Scholar, Historian, Teacher.
Kintype:
Otherkin:
Contribution: tick 

Re: Labrys Encephalon
Yeah, now that I think of it, you're right.
It is a double edged sword, I suppose.

"Give to me a moment, and I will offer you eternity."- Sariel
2009-08-16 15:44
Find
Give Thanks