Hide background
READ THIS!

Welcome to the Otherkinphenomena forum.

You really have to follow these instructions! Instructions will update as you progress.

If you wish to post on, or access most of the content of our forum and our community, please click here to register first, then follow the instructions below. If you have already registered, please log in, in the above "Hello There, Guest!" box.

Thanks for understanding and see you around.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
La Luna
Taiaka
Eager beaver
Kintype:
Otherkin:
Contribution: tick 

La Luna
Anyone catch the total lunar eclipse last night? Man, it was beautiful! They predicted a heavy blood red coloring when in full umbra, how did it look to you? Anyone scry?

Here, it was more of a purple color, purple-red, like the color of cheap wine. Dark though. During the eclipse, Saturn was south southeast and Regulus was north northeast so it made for a truly awesome viewing experience!

Tai

"Will minus intellect constitutes vulgarity." -Arthur Schopenhauer

[Image: smokersigwt8.jpg]
2008-02-21 21:59
Find
Give Thanks
Deros
High School/College Student
Kintype:
Otherkin:
Contribution: tick tick 

Re: La Luna
Yeah, I saw it. And the coloring. Not sure if I saw it go into total (I got too cold standing outside in this weather), but it did have a reddish tint. Nice thing to watch, to say the least.

[Image: Banner-1.jpg]
I would have learned a lot from life if I hadn't spent most of my time being educated.
2008-02-21 22:02
Find
Give Thanks
Xanthus
Computer Guy
Kintype:
Otherkin:

Was overcast most of the evening. Saw it for a bit right before the eclipse, then forgot to look again at the actual time - but probably wouldn't have been able to see much anyway. :/

[Image: Xanthus.png]
LONG LIVE THE COMMUNITY!!!
2008-02-21 22:06
Find
Give Thanks
BlissfulIsis
Eager beaver
Kintype:
Otherkin:

We did catch it before the eclipse was 100%. It was close, like 3/4 the way...looked yellow. All the pictures I have seen the eclipsed looked yellow or white, not red. Wonder why. Now the night before the eclipse the full moon had an awesome golden halo around it and around here the clouds were forming another halo.

I was to tired last night the last thing on my mind was meditating or the such.

There is nothing more uncommon than common sense. Frank Lloyd Wright

Nothing will benefit human health and increase the chances for survival of life on earth as much as the evolution to a vegetarian diet. Albert Einstein
2008-02-21 23:02
Find
Give Thanks
zimmerchild
Medical Student
Kintype:
Otherkin:

i didn't even know there was an eclipse last night until today. but i did acctualy catch it. don't know what end i caught as it was total. but it was pretty to look at just the same. when i saw it, the dark part had a beautiful maroon outline and a hazy black red tinted shadow. very lovely.

~Zola.

[Image: zimmerchildsig.png]
2008-02-21 23:08
Find
Give Thanks
simim23
Eager beaver
Kintype:
Otherkin:

Xanthus Wrote:Was overcast most of the evening. Saw it for a bit right before the eclipse, then forgot to look again at the actual time - but probably wouldn't have been able to see much anyway. :/

Same here. Me and my sister saw a huge red blur, and that's it. The rest of the sky was overcast. T_T

Simim: Rainbow poop at your disservice.
[Image: 313pq88.png]
2008-02-22 1:43
Find
Give Thanks
Rein
Nuisance
Kintype:
Otherkin:

As per stated in my livejournal, I caught it, and it was beautiful. The sky was clear, no clouds, and I had a perfect view from my apartment's parking lot. Me and my father went out to watch it around 10 o'clock.

Here, the moon was a reddish orange, a real contrast to the rest of the sky. I saw about half the eclipse, starting from when it was completely covered to when it was starting to reemerge.
2008-02-22 2:34
Find
Give Thanks
Terro
Gymnastics instructor and lifeguard
Kintype:
Otherkin:
Contribution: tick tick tick tick 

I had a great view of the eclipse fortunately, it had a reddish tint to it, but was too dark to really tell anything "blood red" in appearance.

It was a beautiful eclipse.

The maximum effective range of an excuse is zero meters.
-The Unit
2008-02-22 2:58
Find
Give Thanks
chaitea
Registered Nurse
Kintype:
Otherkin:

I somehow had amazing timing that entire evening it was going on. I was on my way to a computer lab when I noticed that the moon was beautifully full and looking to start covering up. Not much to see as far as eclipses yet since it was only beginning, so I wandered in and forgot about it as I got lost in paperwork.
Later, I was heading to one of my campus clubs when I ran into some friends who were staring up at the sky. I looked to find that the lunar eclipse was already almost halfway underway and with just a hint of red coloring that showed. After some craned neck gazing we headed inside to watch the club’s flick of the evening.
After the first half I came out to get something to eat and found the moon was now entirely covered and quite a lovely site. The sky had that nice look of few clouds, but enough to give for some complimentary scenery, and the moon was the brightest dark thing one could see. Now that was a stop and stare moment, for yah.

Home is where the hoard is
[Image: tactless_dragon_banner.png]
2008-02-22 11:00
Find
Give Thanks
Malakoi
Eager beaver
Kintype:
Otherkin:

It was entirely overcast. I just saw a bit of it through the clouds but then it disappeared. =/

[Image: malakoi2.png]
2008-02-22 19:40
Find
Give Thanks