Hide background
READ THIS!

Welcome to the Otherkinphenomena forum.

You really have to follow these instructions! Instructions will update as you progress.

If you wish to post on, or access most of the content of our forum and our community, please click here to register first, then follow the instructions below. If you have already registered, please log in, in the above "Hello There, Guest!" box.

Thanks for understanding and see you around.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Introducing myself!
deerkin
New
Kintype: Whitetail Deer
Otherkin: Yes
Contribution: new

Exclamation Introducing myself!
Hiya all,

Just made an account after Bubbles told me about this forum on Flight Rising (it’s a dragon browser pet sim, if you don’t know it!)

If it’s not too confusing, call me deerkin. I use she/her pronouns, and I’m 22 years old. I live in England, and I just graduated from uni - now I work at a nonprofit org in my uni town.

I’ve identified as deerkin for about 7 years now I think (Whitetail intersex doe). I’ve mostly been active on tumblr (url deerkin) but don’t post a lot about otherkin stuff because I’m pretty burned out on all the hate. I also partially identified as a domestic cow (Sussex breed) but don’t consider this an important part of my identity right now.

Looking forward to meeting you all Smile

P.S. The smilies are so frickin’ cute, that was a great idea!! Deer RunDeer Love
2021-07-18 10:38
Find
Give Thanks
Bubbles
Friendly floof volunteer moderator
Kintype: Cheetah, dragon
Contribution: tick 

RE: Introducing myself!
Glad you came to see us! I live in England too!

What sort of shifts do you get? We like to get to know you a bit before giving you full access to the forums and live chat.

And yes, I totally agree with you on the smilies! o.O and Hello are my favourites!

Volunteer moderator.
WinkIf you have any issues, questions, or would just like to chat feel free to send me a private message.

[Image: OKPbanner3.png]
2021-07-18 10:57
Find
Give Thanks
Azaphaer
That Fly JetDragon Moderator
Kintype: Dragon, Cybertronian

Welcome deerkin, hope you enjoy your time here at OKP!

How did you determine you are a whitetail intersex doe?

-Azaphaer

[Image: image08.jpg?v=bf03c199]
Astral Dragon and Cybertronian Seeker
2021-07-19 1:59
Find
Give Thanks
deerkin
New
Kintype: Whitetail Deer
Contribution: new

Thanks both!

I don’t think I experience what people refer to as ‘shifts’, though I think they’re different for everyone so it’s hard for me to know precisely. The time I feel closest to my kintype is a feeling of longing, displacement, or yearning with regards to the habitat and life of a deer. I haven’t had a dream as my kintype, and I don’t have phantom limbs or anything.

I came to identify as otherkin after I learned about the concept from tumblr in I think 2013 or 2014. It just sounded like exactly how I felt - how I don’t and never have felt like a human, how it feels so wrong to me to have this body and this life, and how I feel right and at peace in woodland or grassland settings and around large ungulates or cervines.

I worked out the specific nature of my kintype after doing a bunch of research on different species of large herbivore. I know that I am supposed to have antlers - not large ones though, which ruled out most species of elk and male deer. Around 1 in 10,000 female whitetail deer apparently develop small antlers, due to being intersex, and the species whitetail deer seemed to fit my feelings perfectly. So, that’s the identity I’ve used since then.
2021-07-19 14:07
Find
Give Thanks
Bubbles
Friendly floof volunteer moderator
Kintype: Cheetah, dragon

That's so cool! I really like your discovery journey!

I know I've asked you this before, but for the sake of others reading this how do you identify as otherkin and not a therian? Smile

Volunteer moderator.
WinkIf you have any issues, questions, or would just like to chat feel free to send me a private message.

[Image: OKPbanner3.png]
2021-07-19 16:17
Find
Give Thanks
Elinox
Professional Pirate
Kintype: Lupine & Feline
Contribution: tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick 

Welcome to OKP!

[Image: sGaXcqG.png]
Banner by me. If you want one too, see here.

"You're the best kind of crazy." -Murphy, The Dresden Files
2021-07-20 2:21
Find
Give Thanks