Hide background
READ THIS!

Welcome to the Otherkinphenomena forum.

You really have to follow these instructions! Instructions will update as you progress.

If you wish to post on, or access most of the content of our forum and our community, please click here to register first, then follow the instructions below. If you have already registered, please log in, in the above "Hello There, Guest!" box.

Thanks for understanding and see you around.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Integration Therapy
thetwins
Copy cat
Kintype:
Otherkin:
Contribution: tick 

Re: Integration Therapy
Chordal Wrote:If you imagine yourself as just as bad as anyone who would confront you, it tends to even the psychological playing field. But then you're also left with...not feeling very good, essentially. Whenever I tap in to him, he's suffering. I can't hold him in pain all the time, it's not humane. He needs to be healed, even if that means losing our protector. And if taking away his capacity to be at peace (by not healing him) is what I'm doing, I am also essentially robbing Kage of an ability to self-define, which is, in my circle, robbing him of his humanity.

But how would I heal someone whose pains I can't even fully recall? (Maybe he could fully recall them?)

Without the pain, I wonder who he would be...

-- Adrian

Right. I keep looking at this, at what we are seeing in underlying logic and keep going but why? I mean yes I can understand how being bad and nasty can give you an edge. I am not exactly noted for being kindness and light. But that is me and how I am. It isn't even that I can't be nice, just that most of the time I am not. I have come to terms with that, both sides of it really. With the fact that it may mean that people I don't give a damn about don't like me. But I don't suffer because of that. At times I do act as a protector but I am very selective as to whom I will protect. Us and ours. But if being all that bad is hurting him, he has two choices really. Come to terms with it or find a different way to be a protector. It really is that simple even if it is not that easy.
And it isn't like one needs to be worse than the worst out there to be a protector. War isn't. Really. One needs to be willing to act as needed when needed and live with the consequences. And if the actions you choose prevent harm then.....
And lastly I am not entirely sure to what extent you could heal him without his cooperation. But as for who he would be, he would be himself. Just a version that is not hindered by the wounds and the pain.

Carn

[Image: thetwinsbanner.png]
2010-10-31 19:18
Find
Give Thanks
Chordal
Eager beaver
Kintype:
Otherkin:
Contribution: tick tick tick 

Re: Integration Therapy
Carn,

Thanks for responding. We've been trying to write a response here, in particular we've been trying to get Kagerou/Fiore to the front. But it seems that he's so far on lockdown (locked away from front) that it's difficult for him to speak. Though it could also be that language isn't one of his strong suits. Or that he's been having such a good time playing the roles of other people, that posting as himself is just not fun.

I'm...drawing a blank, so I think I'll get offline for now...

--Ad.
2010-11-01 5:06
Find
Give Thanks