Hide background
READ THIS!

Welcome to the Otherkinphenomena forum.

You really have to follow these instructions! Instructions will update as you progress.

If you wish to post on, or access most of the content of our forum and our community, please click here to register first, then follow the instructions below. If you have already registered, please log in, in the above "Hello There, Guest!" box.

Thanks for understanding and see you around.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
"Inner voice" shift?
Spanky
Currently job-hunting
Kintype:
Otherkin:
Contribution: tick 

"Inner voice" shift?
Okay, a thought just occurred to me. ~

Everyone has an "inner voice" in their mind, right? It's a voice inside your head "speaking" your thoughts. You might (or might not) experience thoughts as a voice all the time, but I'm sure that many, if not all, people do it.

Right. Normally, your inner voice has a specific tone, pitch and rhythm. It normally reflects the way you speak (or try to speak) out loud. It is a human voice.

My question is, when you shift mentally into your animal form, does the inner voice shift into that animal's voice? (growls, meows, chirps, whatever)
2008-04-13 3:29
Find
Give Thanks
Myenia
music student
Kintype:
Otherkin:

Re: "Inner voice" shift?
My only odd addition is growls, and if I'm more mentally shifted than normal, sometimes there are fewer words in my 'inner dialogue.'
2008-04-13 5:44
Find
Give Thanks
Miniar
Artist
Kintype:
Otherkin:
Contribution: tick tick tick tick 

I felt like making a comment here, even if I'm not a therian.

An inner voice does not "always" speak in words for everyone.
Some of us have an inner voice that speaks in sensations, patterns, rhythm, etc, but no words what so ever.

Just a point to the "inner voice" not always being a speaking one.

[Image: Signiature.jpg]
"Those who can't approach discussion with a basic level of intelligence and maturity shouldn't expect to be taken seriously." ~ Qualia Soup
2008-04-13 12:57
Find
Give Thanks
Deros
High School/College Student
Kintype:
Otherkin:
Contribution: tick tick 

I'd have to go with Free here. Often, I do have to talk out things inside my head just to understand them. Other times, thoughts in themselves are like little packages of words, some of them indescribable. I think that every mind just thinks in thoughts, but each has their own way of breaking them down. Maybe some minds don't have to.

[Image: Banner-1.jpg]
I would have learned a lot from life if I hadn't spent most of my time being educated.
2008-04-13 14:22
Find
Give Thanks
Looksfar
Customer service... I love the irony ;)
Kintype:
Otherkin:
Contribution:

It depends how m-shifted I am, usually I'm only partly shifted... but the more shifted I am the less thinking I do and the more action I tend to take. The rare few time I'm fully m-shifted (usually when I'm hiking off-trail through the woods) I just feel and act.

By the way as a slight side note I've never even come close to getting lost in the woods, some subconscience part of myself always seems to know exactly where I am and how to get out at all times o.O

Everyone is the hero of their own story.
2008-04-13 14:41
Find
Give Thanks
Taiaka
Eager beaver
Kintype:
Otherkin:

I'm not a therian, but I go through 'shifts' that usually have to do with rituals. My normal inner voice is the incessant chatter of words and thoughts, but I move into a more meditative state (though meditative may be a corrupt word since I do not move into my center, but more like spread myself out very thin). When this happens, I move into a more wordless communication with my inner voice. Like Freetha said, sensations, feelings, ect al. But this was learned rather than just an occurance one day.

-tai

"Will minus intellect constitutes vulgarity." -Arthur Schopenhauer

[Image: smokersigwt8.jpg]
2008-04-13 16:01
Find
Give Thanks
Xanthus
Computer Guy
Kintype:
Otherkin:

My inner-voice doesn't talk to me often...when it does, it usually scares me.

[Image: Xanthus.png]
LONG LIVE THE COMMUNITY!!!
2008-04-13 16:10
Find
Give Thanks
Qarael
Eager beaver
Kintype:
Otherkin:

Interestingly enough, I've even had mental shifts where it seems more like I think in hums and waves of light than actual words. Thank goodness it doesn't happen much (maybe three times ever?) because it's just danged weird.

[Image: qbanner.jpg]
2008-04-14 10:54
Find
Give Thanks
Elinox
Professional Pirate
Kintype: Lupine & Feline
Otherkin: Yes
Contribution: tick tick tick tick tick tick tick 

My inner voice isn't usually words but more along the lines of feelings and sensations. It really depends on what I'm doing though on how I hear my inner voice. Most of the time, I'm just doing my thing and not having internal dialogues with myself.

When I experience mental shifts, the "inner voice" becomes more simplistic. Thoughts happen more like instincts, "hungry, food" or "back off, ggggrrrr" are usually all I get as opposed to "I'm hungry, I could eat a hamburger" or "She's really pissed me off this time and I want to pummel her". I've never much thought about how I act or how I think when in the midst of a mental shift. *shrug* I'm usually just enjoying the animal sensations/experiences.

[Image: sGaXcqG.png]
Banner by me. If you want one too, see here.

"You're the best kind of crazy." -Murphy, The Dresden Files
2008-04-14 14:07
Find
Give Thanks
chaitea
Registered Nurse
Kintype:
Otherkin:
Contribution: tick tick 

For the past year now, my inner voice has been scaring the hell out of me (sort of literally, even). First I started speaking in a new language, then it moved into my head, where it seems to have decided to settle. I’ll still slip into it time and again with my tong, but aside from that I will frequently find myself thinking in it. It was hard enough to understand my thoughts when they were in English, now I have no clue what I’m thinking sometimes.

Before that, around sophomore year of high school my conscience started sounding like Misha Tia (made since, since she was always the one telling me when I crossed yet another line). Aside from that, it usually sounds like me, or me not speaking English.

Home is where the hoard is
[Image: tactless_dragon_banner.png]
2008-04-16 17:24
Find
Give Thanks