Hide background
READ THIS!

Welcome to the Otherkinphenomena forum.

You really have to follow these instructions! Instructions will update as you progress.

If you wish to post on, or access most of the content of our forum and our community, please click here to register first, then follow the instructions below. If you have already registered, please log in, in the above "Hello There, Guest!" box.

Thanks for understanding and see you around.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Incarnation and Possession
Varkadevi
Copy cat
Kintype:
Otherkin:
Contribution: tick 

Incarnation and Possession
The Exorcist movie aside, does anyone here have experience with this sort of thing? At the moment I'm wondering exactly how a spirit comes to animate a physical body, and in some cases, how one would do so when there's already someone inhabiting it. The other thing I find peculiar is how we never seem to actually remember taking on these bodies? Are those memories simply gone or just inaccessible to us?

“A considerable percentage of the people we meet on the street are people who are empty inside, that is, they are actually already dead. It is fortunate for us that we do not see and do not know it.”
- G.I. Gurdjieff
2009-10-28 12:46
Find
Give Thanks
Miniar
Artist
Kintype:
Otherkin:
Contribution: tick tick tick tick 

Re: Incarnation and Possession
Incarnation = Being born into a physical body.

If we presume souls exist, then every single living being possessing a soul has experienced "incarnation".

[Image: Signiature.jpg]
"Those who can't approach discussion with a basic level of intelligence and maturity shouldn't expect to be taken seriously." ~ Qualia Soup
2009-10-28 14:23
Find
Give Thanks
Varkadevi
Copy cat
Kintype:
Otherkin:

I know what it *MEANS* I'm asking how it happens/works.

“A considerable percentage of the people we meet on the street are people who are empty inside, that is, they are actually already dead. It is fortunate for us that we do not see and do not know it.”
- G.I. Gurdjieff
2009-10-29 12:17
Find
Give Thanks
kahoku
IT freelancer
Kintype:
Otherkin:
Contribution: tick tick tick tick 

i don't remember how exactly i got into this body but i have an idea as to how it was done. (and yes, it was voluntarily done.)

as for possession... been there, done that, don't care to repeat it. let's just say, if the mind is weak, it's easy.

Support OKP! >> [Image: x-click-but04.gif] << Get a unique user title!
[Image: reannaganbanner3.png]
2009-10-29 14:10
Find
Give Thanks
JDRage
Copy cat
Kintype:
Otherkin:

that’s actually a pretty complex question …

Firstly you have to acknowledge the fact that there are some people out there who don’t acknowledge the existence of the “soul” …absolutely nothing wrong with that , everybody is entitled to believe in what they want , though I do personally believe it leave many unanswerable questions .

Ok…things to be aware of that are all related .

Possession …
Trance mediumship …
Walk-in’s ….
Multiples …
Death …
The soul …
The human body …

What’s a soul ….basically its you , its who and what you are right now , a soul inhabiting a human body , souls are sentient living conscious energy ….beings of pure energy if you like .

Without going into too much detail …the human body is little more than a vessel with a super computer .

Death is a bit of a missconception , only a body dies …and when you actually study this in detail you learn that its actually designed to stop working after a set amount of time.

In many ways …you can think of a human body as a car ….a vehicle specifically intended for this plain of existence ( this dimension or reality ) , as a being of energy we cant interact with this world in great detail , having a body ( vehicle ) allows us to do this .

Possession is when an outside entity invades a body and tries to assume control , think of it as metaphysical carjacking !

Now some people seem to assume , that a possesed person can walk around and act normal , I’m afraid this would be far from the case , as you’d have two souls fighting for control …think of two people fighting for control of the steering wheel in a fast moving car .

Unless of course it was an exstremely powerful entity that could completely dominate the host soul …think of fighting superman for the steering wheel.

Trance mediumship…is when a host soul allows another soul to enter the body for a short time to convay information or messages …

Walk-in’s …..are an interesting case , a host soul leaves the body and another soul moves in , this can happen at the point of death , when a soul leaves the body before the body itself begins to shut down , sometimes its mutual agreement between two souls .

A Multiple …is a host body that plays host to more than one soul , its far beyond a multiple personality disorder , but its also something that’s veru hard to exsplain or describe as its very very reare .

Memory …

Believe it or not , memory blocking is deleiberate …I don’t know why or how its done exsactly but it’s a deliberate side effect of having a human body , though with training I’m sure you’d be able to acsess your memory again .

It may have something to do with reincarnation , your supposed to be starting anew , but you cant do that if you remember all your past lives and all the rest of it .

All in all memory surpression seems to be a part of the lerning exsperiance , but they arent gone , just surpressed , though in this day and age …more and more people are remembering things that they shouldn’t for some reason …maybe its just down to their being a more open ended view on such subjects as reincarnation and spirtuality in general .
2009-10-30 10:25
Find
Give Thanks
vampyre_smiles
Copy cat
Kintype:
Otherkin:
Contribution: tick tick 

I know that I did not choose this form. Some others might have chosen to be in the body/life they are in now, but I didn't. Possibly it was some rule I broke before coming here, or else I was "pushed" here at a time I couldn't really fight back. I might have wanted to be human when I was incarnating, but I didn't want this body specifically. Don't get me wrong, it's not a bad life or form, it just doesn't fit me personally.

[Image: 2mLJ.gif]
2009-10-30 18:54
Find
Give Thanks