Hide background
READ THIS!

Welcome to the Otherkinphenomena forum.

You really have to follow these instructions! Instructions will update as you progress.

If you wish to post on, or access most of the content of our forum and our community, please click here to register first, then follow the instructions below. If you have already registered, please log in, in the above "Hello There, Guest!" box.

Thanks for understanding and see you around.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Incarnating: Alternate Methods
Varkadevi
Copy cat
Kintype:
Otherkin:
Contribution: tick 

Incarnating: Alternate Methods
Alright, now the standard model of reincarnation seems to be that the subtle body of a spirit enters and interfaces with a physical body through some sort of synchronizing/encasing mechanism.. but it seems to be imperfect because if a spiritual entity has an appendage that the new form does not, this results in a phenomena known as "Phantom Limb(s)". After this synchronization occurs, a (series of?) bond(s) form which bind the spirit in place. This prevents the soul from just randomly "popping out" in theory, however there seem to be exceptions to this. If a spirit is able to then separate from their host vessel(Etheric Projection), they then face the apparent dilemma of another binding which sometimes appears as a "silver cord" and for others it does not appear at all visually. Some believe that this secondary binding will only dissolve upon the death of the physical form, however this does not appear to be the case.
Some spirits seem to be able to "Overshadow" or otherwise possess a body and just as easily remove itself..which then makes me wonder..did this spirit not form these bonds with the host for some reason? Or is it simply that they were able to sever these bonds through an unknown method?

The second matter which intrigues me is whether or not this is the only method of controlling a body. I've been wondering if perhaps it is possible for an entity to simply extend a link of sorts and "plug in" their consciousness externally, without having to bind their core/subtle body to the flesh in question;? an example that comes to mind would be the Matrix series, in which the individual was connected to their "avatar" in the Matrix via a connection port on the back of their head. I don't think I've heard this before but in my opinion it warrants investigation, discussion at the very least. It may also explain why some may feel they are here but also "somewhere else".

“A considerable percentage of the people we meet on the street are people who are empty inside, that is, they are actually already dead. It is fortunate for us that we do not see and do not know it.”
- G.I. Gurdjieff
2010-07-04 5:44
Find
Give Thanks
Archer
Suing You
Kintype:
Otherkin:
Contribution: tick tick tick tick 

Re: Incarnating: Alternate Methods
Interesting topic, but perhaps better suited for the Multiples section? Re distance plugging, for example, that sounds a lot like the multiple-related concept of co-location.

Ubi Dubium, Ibi Libertas

Quote:"I have suffered from being misunderstood, but I would have suffered a hell of a lot more if I had been understood."

[Image: neverforgetm.png]
2010-07-05 23:17
Find
Give Thanks
Kiera
Fly on the wall
Kintype:
Otherkin:
Contribution:

Interesting questions. I've never given it much thought and when I do I get a block. I feel like I'm here and other places at the same time routinely. Sometimes "all of me" is needed to complete a certain task and I'll feel like I'm only vaguely present on earth at all. (Frequently this happens in public and I'm forced to have others "drive" so to speak so I don't end up crumpled in a heap on the floor of the Church during services for all to see.) I don't know exactly how it works. Generally, I don't flat out leave my body unless I'm sleeping though.

In Heaven an angel is nobody in particular.
- George Bernard Shaw
2010-07-06 1:26
Find
Give Thanks
Ges
Copy cat
Kintype:
Otherkin:

Varkadevi Wrote:Alright, now the standard model of reincarnation seems to be that the subtle body of a spirit enters and interfaces with a physical body through some sort of synchronizing/encasing mechanism..

In non-Hinayama tradition Buddhism, and Vedic traditions this is really just the chakras linking up between the subtle and the solid, as best they can.

Quote:Some spirits seem to be able to "Overshadow" or otherwise possess a body and just as easily remove itself..which then makes me wonder..did this spirit not form these bonds with the host for some reason? Or is it simply that they were able to sever these bonds through an unknown method?

If your body is a flashlight that's only 20 cm long, and your Subtle Body is holding onto it with both hands, this allows me to grabs your hands, and control the flashlight, without having to be connected to it. Hmm, partially flawed analogy... I can't think of a better one right now, so follow me. If the Subtle and Solid are linked, as occurs sometime in the womb, or proximity to birth depending, then the...linking points are already occupied. If I were a possessing spirit (again) I couldn't connect into your body, because the Chakras are already alive and connected, so my control is more about overpowering. I can't grab what is held in your fist. Now if there were places to grab, or nothing else holding the connections, then a "possession" could become a walk-in. I'm not sure if an "empty" body would "trap" a spirit trying to control it, or if it would take a while to "trap" them, or it is fully by choice. I unfortunately don't get funding to buy people for research...

Quote:It may also explain why some may feel they are here but also "somewhere else".

I agree with Archer, this sounds a bit more like colocation than possessing, though in theory a possessing spirit could be colocating, but controlling someone takes up a lot attention/focus/energy.

[Image: neverforgetm.png]

When we first begin all things simply are.
As we grow all things are external.
As we learn all things are internal.
As we understand all things are not.
2010-07-10 3:52
Find
Give Thanks
Varkadevi
Copy cat
Kintype:
Otherkin:

It's unfortunate that these things aren't elaborated upon in other texts, right now I guess I'll just concentrate on identifying my present bonds and severing them....but if this is some sort of co-location then it might make this much more complicated....especially if this was something forced on me, I imagine whoever could/would have done so might have anticipated my "untimely escape" and planned accordingly. It might explain my "guests" who follow me around.

Quote:I agree with Archer, this sounds a bit more like colocation than possessing, though in theory a possessing spirit could be colocating, but controlling someone takes up a lot attention/focus/energy.

Well in my case it would not be case of using both at once.....it would be more like....holding a puppet and shifting your mind into it, but not severing from the original.

“A considerable percentage of the people we meet on the street are people who are empty inside, that is, they are actually already dead. It is fortunate for us that we do not see and do not know it.”
- G.I. Gurdjieff
2010-07-10 6:53
Find
Give Thanks