Hide background
READ THIS!

Welcome to the Otherkinphenomena forum.

You really have to follow these instructions! Instructions will update as you progress.

If you wish to post on, or access most of the content of our forum and our community, please click here to register first, then follow the instructions below. If you have already registered, please log in, in the above "Hello There, Guest!" box.

Thanks for understanding and see you around.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Incarnate Angels and "siblings"
Terro
Gymnastics instructor and lifeguard
Kintype:
Otherkin:
Contribution: tick tick tick tick 

Incarnate Angels and "siblings"
Having been around the boards and known and spoken to a good number of those who claim to be Incarnate Angels, I have seen a ridiculous number of individuals who claim to be the Brother or Sister of another.

This claim is many times regarded as something special or spectacular such as twins or partners in duty. Given our discussions here: <!-- l --><a class="postlink-local" href="http://forum.otherkinphenomena.org/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=587">viewtopic.php?f=12&t=587</a><!-- l -->

I wonder how many individuals truly are paired here and find long lost brothers, twins, sisters or other close family types versus those that are just of the same Choir?

Any thoughts on these relationships felt by Incarnate Angels?

The maximum effective range of an excuse is zero meters.
-The Unit
2008-08-16 16:30
Find
Give Thanks
freelanceangel
customer service *facepalm*
Kintype:
Otherkin:
Contribution: tick tick 

Re: Incarnate Angels and "siblings"
I know I certainly can't claim any of that. I haven't found anyone I connected with on that kind of level. (I could say my best friend and boyfriend, but there are many other reasons we connect, and I'm not that desperate for mysticism. ^_~)

I find it likely that a lot of angels would probably connect because they shared tasks or were in the same choir, but wouldn't all angels be related, simply because they were created by the divine? Taking that as true, wouldn't all of them feel connections to each other of the close family sort? (I am including not liking each other, because everyone knows you don't choose your family, and while you may be related, you don't necessarily have to like them.)

[Image: frelanceangelbanner.png]
Banner/Avatar done by the GLORIOUS Elinox: THANK YOU!
2008-08-16 18:00
Find
Give Thanks
Terro
Gymnastics instructor and lifeguard
Kintype:
Otherkin:
Contribution: tick tick tick tick 

I have just seen a trend for people to go above and beyond the connections you have mentioned. I have seen everything from people meeting and after a few weeks deciding they were made as a pair for some purpose, or were both the personal bodyguards of Jesus to people saying they grew up in the same Angelic day care center (so to speak).

I think there is a strong camaraderie between Angels given the circumstances of creation and job, as well as the dominance of military service or lifestyle in and among the Host. Consider as an example the camaraderie between veterans and the rest of the company they served with.

The maximum effective range of an excuse is zero meters.
-The Unit
2008-08-16 18:54
Find
Give Thanks
freelanceangel
Kintype:
Otherkin:

Terro Wrote:I have just seen a trend for people to go above and beyond the connections you have mentioned. I have seen everything from people meeting and after a few weeks deciding they were made as a pair for some purpose, or were both the personal bodyguards of Jesus to people saying they grew up in the same Angelic day care center (so to speak).

I think there is a strong camaraderie between Angels given the circumstances of creation and job, as well as the dominance of military service or lifestyle in and among the Host. Consider as an example the camaraderie between veterans and the rest of the company they served with.

Very true. I tend to take those claims with a teaspoon of salt. I might have gotten a little jaded with the spirit chats and the pagans I encountered over the years, but it's too easy to claim to have a spiritual connection to someone. *shrug* It's probably just me and my snapback on my elastic sense of disbelief. I did always figure angels would feel a sense of connection that would have nothing to do with how closely they worked together, but simply from their origins in being angels. *nodnod* The example does make perfect sense.

2008-08-16 20:25
Find
Give Thanks
Motley
Elephant in the room
Kintype:
Otherkin:

While I believe I may have hundreds, if not thousands, of nursery siblings, I can't say that I've ever met one. Beyond that, I get the impression that those that I worked with had a wide variety of energy signatures though we often had similar tasks.

[Image: motleybanner2.png]
"I inherited the spirit of the sun. I'll meet you when the day breaks through. It's time to shine and make all your dreams come true. Come on, wish upon a dog star!" -Hybrid
2008-08-17 0:35
Find
Give Thanks
Twilight
Eager beaver
Kintype:
Otherkin:

I can't say I have a brother or sister as an angel. However, I've been called the generic brother.

There is an angel still in Heaven that some confuse me with. Anarii and I apparently may not "look" alike but when people "feel" for either one of us they sometimes get the other. Think of it as dialing 555-6502 instead of 555-5602 (yes both numbers are meant to be fake LOL)

There are a few different ways angels come into being. Some were originally created solely as angels. Others are born to angels incarnate. Those created solely as angels may be part of a group but aren't what you would call blood-related. Now those born to angelic parents may have siblings but they aren't always close. The thing to remember is that angels vary in personality as much as humans do.

[Image: twilightbanner.png]
I dare an agnostic to prove he or she exists.
2008-08-17 20:23
Find
Give Thanks
Ges
Copy cat
Kintype:
Otherkin:
Contribution: tick 

I've always found the Sibling thing a bit amusing when I see it with the YHWHic Angelics, it just always hit me as cheesy, that someone happens to be ArchAngel Michael's twin brother who was never mentioned anywhere, despite being as awesome, powerful and cool. Obviously, that's the more extreme end of the belief, but the general undertone is there.

I think you're right that it may deal with the Choir/Orders, that people may resonate with someone of the same Choir/Order as them, the most well known are the big-wigs (big-wings?), and rather than assume "We're similar because we're both X" they think "We're similar because we're brother/sister" and the phrasing is always used intimately.

To contrast it with Rakshasa. Yes, I call every Rakshasa Brother (except Miniar, for being a half-breed :-p), so while that includes the most well known of us, like Ravana and Vibhishana, it also refers to every single one of us. We consider ourselves Brothers (technically Siblings, but Siblings is too removed), because we all come from the same Mother, but when I say Brother is doesn't have the emotional connotation that it is being used in our culture, in most of the Angelic cases above. There were hundreds of us, the amount of "real" connections were fairly small. While I refer to them all as Brothers, honestly there are less than six, that I feel I know/remember.

Time for the but....but...there is a strong resonance between us, and I can see a Rakshasa who doesn't have context for the sensation thinking it is something personal, rather than impersonal.

I think that's what happens with a lot of Angelics (assuming they aren't just trying to make themselves sound cool), they feel these connections, and have no context for them, so fabricate (consciously or unconsciously) a set of memories to explain them, and not knowing the nature of the resonance assuming it has to be something deep, emotional and personal, so brothers/sisters/twin/split soul, rather than same Choir.

[Image: neverforgetm.png]

When we first begin all things simply are.
As we grow all things are external.
As we learn all things are internal.
As we understand all things are not.
2008-08-21 4:19
Find
Give Thanks
Twilight
Eager beaver
Kintype:
Otherkin:

Gesigewigus Wrote:... big-wigs (big-wings?)...

I love it. I'm gonna use that term now.

[Image: twilightbanner.png]
I dare an agnostic to prove he or she exists.
2008-08-21 13:34
Find
Give Thanks
freelanceangel
Kintype:
Otherkin:

Gesigewigus Wrote:I've always found the Sibling thing a bit amusing when I see it with the YHWHic Angelics, it just always hit me as cheesy, that someone happens to be ArchAngel Michael's twin brother who was never mentioned anywhere, despite being as awesome, powerful and cool. Obviously, that's the more extreme end of the belief, but the general undertone is there.

I think you're right that it may deal with the Choir/Orders, that people may resonate with someone of the same Choir/Order as them, the most well known are the big-wigs (big-wings?), and rather than assume "We're similar because we're both X" they think "We're similar because we're brother/sister" and the phrasing is always used intimately.

To contrast it with Rakshasa. Yes, I call every Rakshasa Brother (except Miniar, for being a half-breed :-p), so while that includes the most well known of us, like Ravana and Vibhishana, it also refers to every single one of us. We consider ourselves Brothers (technically Siblings, but Siblings is too removed), because we all come from the same Mother, but when I say Brother is doesn't have the emotional connotation that it is being used in our culture, in most of the Angelic cases above. There were hundreds of us, the amount of "real" connections were fairly small. While I refer to them all as Brothers, honestly there are less than six, that I feel I know/remember.

Time for the but....but...there is a strong resonance between us, and I can see a Rakshasa who doesn't have context for the sensation thinking it is something personal, rather than impersonal.

I think that's what happens with a lot of Angelics (assuming they aren't just trying to make themselves sound cool), they feel these connections, and have no context for them, so fabricate (consciously or unconsciously) a set of memories to explain them, and not knowing the nature of the resonance assuming it has to be something deep, emotional and personal, so brothers/sisters/twin/split soul, rather than same Choir.

I definately agree with that. I don't know that I'd call every angel a 'brother,' but since I believe all gods are different aspects of a single divinity, I'd have to say I could see us all being related.

2008-08-21 19:55
Find
Give Thanks
Motley
Elephant in the room
Kintype:
Otherkin:

If you're made at the same time, by the same being, and have energies that resonate because they are so similar, that does tend to elicit an emotional response. I think the term sibling or brother is entirely appropriate. As I said earlier, I probably have hundreds or so who fall into that category. Can I name them all? No, they don't all have names, but I would recognize family. It's not the same as having human siblings. It's both more and less intimate. More because your core being shares more in common with them than two humans, even identical twins, would share, and less because you may not have shared experiences. But human words are the words we have. 'Choirmate' just sounds too detached.

[Image: motleybanner2.png]
"I inherited the spirit of the sun. I'll meet you when the day breaks through. It's time to shine and make all your dreams come true. Come on, wish upon a dog star!" -Hybrid
2008-08-22 1:05
Find
Give Thanks