Hide background
READ THIS!

Welcome to the Otherkinphenomena forum.

You really have to follow these instructions! Instructions will update as you progress.

If you wish to post on, or access most of the content of our forum and our community, please click here to register first, then follow the instructions below. If you have already registered, please log in, in the above "Hello There, Guest!" box.

Thanks for understanding and see you around.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
If you could have any type- what would it be?
Bubbles
Pile of spotty floof.
Kintype: Dragon, cheetah, others.
Otherkin: Yes
Contribution: tick 

If you could have any type- what would it be?
Would you choose a different type if you could? Or are you happy with what you are now?

Volunteer moderator.
WinkIf you have any issues, questions, or would just like to chat feel free to send me a private message.

[Image: OKPbanner3.png]
2021-12-01 6:55
Find
Give Thanks
Azaphaer
Super Moderator
Kintype: Astral Dragon

RE: If you could have any type- what would it be?
I've answered this question before on other forums, and my answer remains the same. At the end of the day I wouldn't change a thing about what I am. Although in the past I've wished I had a more unique kintype, I don't think I would be me anymore, I'd be someone else entirely.

I honestly can't even imagine myself with a different kintype from what I am, as I can't see myself as something I'm not for long enough. I think it would be neat, to be something like a chameleon or a basilisk, but I wouldn't be any happier than I am now. I don't see that having any affect to how I feel about myself.

I've never considered being happy or not in regards to what my kintype, my species, is. I don't think of such in that way, since it's just something I am and doesn't exist for any other reason. I wouldn't be unhappy if my kintype was any other species either. That sort of thinking doesn't really make sense to me.

-Azaphaer

[Image: smolazaphaerpixel.gif]
Astral Dragon ✦ Cybertronian ✦ Host of the AllSpark
Asexual ✦ He/Him ✦ Mated to Tivaran
2021-12-01 22:59
Find
Give Thanks
Elinox
Professional Pirate
Kintype: Lupine & Feline
Contribution: tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick 

(2021-12-01 22:59)Azaphaer Wrote:  I've answered this question before on other forums, and my answer remains the same. At the end of the day I wouldn't change a thing about what I am. Although in the past I've wished I had a more unique kintype, I don't think I would be me anymore, I'd be someone else entirely.

Same.

However, I have been annoyed at having "the most common 'kin type" and all the baggage that entails, but I do still love being a wolf.

And I've always loved cats, so with my feline re-awakening everything came full circle and I'm happy. Heart cat

[Image: sGaXcqG.png]
Banner by me. If you want one too, see here.

"You're the best kind of crazy." -Murphy, The Dresden Files
2021-12-03 23:51
Find
Give Thanks
irritatedAndroid
New
Kintype: Android and Alolan Marowak
Contribution:

Honestly, I swing between lamenting wishing for a more common kintype and being very pleased with what I am. I likely would not have the reasons to distrust the community I did if I was say a dragon or a wolf. I've wanted to be a dragon at times because my dragon heart-type does make that connection very comforting, but there remains the disconnect that while draconic entities are family to me, I am not one. I'm just some strange fire lizard.

Mostly I just lament the things I had to deal with as a younger guy branching into the otherkin community, holding out my little android feelings and desperation in my hands and going "Hey, I think something's going on, can you help?" only to be met with pretty heavy hostility.

Jasper - He/him - 23
Android - Alolan Marowak - Dragon-Hearted
Chaos magician, troublesome punk, and here for a good time.
2021-12-12 20:01
Find
Give Thanks
Rixem
In an Ongoing Existential Crisis
Kintype: Unsure

I'm new to my otherkin journey, so I'm not 100% sure what kintype I am. I do think I'm otherkin though. I wish I had a solid idea of which type & why, but that's something nobody really has I guess. I don't have a specific type I would want to be, just that I want to know what I am & have a name for what I am.

Interestingly, since reading through this forum, I've found that there are a lot of kintypes I don't want to be. Not that there's anything wrong with them, they just don't feel like me at all. Vampires, demons, angels, fictionkin, etc. Actually, this kind of gives me more confidence that I'm not just subconsciously trying to be special or as non-human as possible. If there's a kintype that I am, I assume there are probably kintypes that I'm not.

(If anyone's curious what my PFP is, I had a dream I saw mother nature once & she looked like this.)
2022-11-17 17:06
Find
Give Thanks