Hide background
READ THIS!

Welcome to the Otherkinphenomena forum.

You really have to follow these instructions! Instructions will update as you progress.

If you wish to post on, or access most of the content of our forum and our community, please click here to register first, then follow the instructions below. If you have already registered, please log in, in the above "Hello There, Guest!" box.

Thanks for understanding and see you around.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
If you could choose what you are...
vampyre_smiles
Copy cat
Kintype:
Otherkin:
Contribution: tick tick 

If you could choose what you are...
What would you be? Or at least, if you 1) got to choose what type of kin you are instead of it just being what it is and 2) could be certain that you were indeed what you wished whether in a past life or as part of your heritage or whatever, what kind of kin would you wish to be? Or would you rather try being completely human if it was open to you?

I think I'd have it a lot easier from people around me if I weren't kin of any kind, or a vampyre, or multiple. But I know that with my personality, I'd be really lonely if I weren't multiple. So keeping that, and focusing on just me, if I were still kin, I'd stay how I am or want to be elven, I think. The stereotypical elf traits fit me pretty well, especial night elves, so yeah, I'd choose normal human, stay the same or elf in that order.

[Image: 2mLJ.gif]
2010-01-08 11:22
Find
Give Thanks
Miniar
Artist
Kintype:
Otherkin:
Contribution: tick tick tick tick 

Re: If you could choose what you are...
I'd probably not do anything to change who I am since who I am is "me" and in changing this I'd change "me" into something I don't know what is without being it...
If that makes any sense.

[Image: Signiature.jpg]
"Those who can't approach discussion with a basic level of intelligence and maturity shouldn't expect to be taken seriously." ~ Qualia Soup
2010-01-08 13:58
Find
Give Thanks
Annwyn
Super Moderator
Kintype:
Otherkin:

I'm like Miniar, I probably wouldn't choose to change what I am. However, I'd also *really* like to be just a dragonkin.

Members: Gabriel, Lestat, Nico, Fenrir, and Nathaniel.
2010-01-08 18:51
Find
Give Thanks
Seraphyna
Administrator
Kintype:
Otherkin:
Contribution: tick tick tick tick tick tick tick 

I third Min, though being mermaid-kin (or just any singular non-polymorphic kintype for that matter) could make things much simpler.

*poofs*

[Image: seraphyna11_zps47e1e313.png]
"All that is gold does not glitter, not all those who wander are lost."-Tolkien
"All that we see or seem is but a dream within a dream."-Poe
2010-01-10 3:59
Find
Give Thanks
Terro
Gymnastics instructor and lifeguard
Kintype:
Otherkin:

I think that if I were given complete and utter incontrovertible (to me anyway), evidence that I am an Incarnate Angel, it would be interesting, but wouldn't really change my life much.

I of course would love to learn more about myself, but I think I've come to a point in my life where I am no longer seeking information on myself, I am content with what I know and if I happen across more, that's cool. If I don't, it won't stop me from living my life the way I live it now.

The maximum effective range of an excuse is zero meters.
-The Unit
2010-01-11 2:40
Find
Give Thanks
skorpio
Eager beaver
Kintype:
Otherkin:

I'm satisfied just being me.

"Think you're escaping and run into yourself. Longest way round is the shortest way home."
- James Joyce
2010-01-11 22:00
Find
Give Thanks
vampyre_smiles
Copy cat
Kintype:
Otherkin:

I think it's awesome everyone is pretty much happy how they are.

[Image: 2mLJ.gif]
2010-01-12 0:28
Find
Give Thanks
Elinox
Professional Pirate
Kintype: Lupine & Feline
Otherkin: Yes
Contribution: tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick 

While my obvious answer is that I like me the way I am and I wouldn't change given the choice, else I wouldn't be 'me', if I could choose, I would consider choosing something other than wolf simply because of how common they are within the therian community. However, I know I could never just get rid of all that makes me identify as a wolf. It's just who I am.

This is an interesting topic and there's one similar on the Werelist. Most members say the same there, that they wouldn't change if they could. However, just to answer the question, people have chosen other, less common animals like bat, fish and snake.

[Image: sGaXcqG.png]
Banner by me. If you want one too, see here.

"You're the best kind of crazy." -Murphy, The Dresden Files
2010-01-12 14:03
Find
Give Thanks
Archer
Suing You
Kintype:
Otherkin:

vampyre_smiles Wrote:I think it's awesome everyone is pretty much happy how they are.

How someone is isn't the same as what someone is. I like being a shadow. But if I was a dragon and had been one all my life, I imagine I'd like being that too.

Ubi Dubium, Ibi Libertas

Quote:"I have suffered from being misunderstood, but I would have suffered a hell of a lot more if I had been understood."

[Image: neverforgetm.png]
2010-01-12 16:12
Find
Give Thanks
Rain
Eager beaver
Kintype:
Otherkin:

I would pick the second without question. Although it would be interesting to be "something else" for a time, it is more a notion of curiosity than of actual desire. What I "am", now... is what I am. I can't really see myself being anything else. Knowing without question what it is that I am would be a far greater help.

~~~
2010-02-20 10:41
Find
Give Thanks