Hide background
READ THIS!

Welcome to the Otherkinphenomena forum.

You really have to follow these instructions! Instructions will update as you progress.

If you wish to post on, or access most of the content of our forum and our community, please click here to register first, then follow the instructions below. If you have already registered, please log in, in the above "Hello There, Guest!" box.

Thanks for understanding and see you around.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
If you could change your name....
Chris
Eager beaver
Kintype:
Otherkin:
Contribution: tick tick 

If you could change your name....
What would you change it to?
I'm planning on changing my surname after my birthday and have enough money, so I wondered if other people had considered changing their name.
2008-01-24 21:52
Find
Give Thanks
Deros
High School/College Student
Kintype:
Otherkin:

Re: If you could change you're name....
Maybe my last name. I'm annoyed by the fact that nearly everyone mispronounces the damn thing. I don't know what I'd change it to, though.

[Image: Banner-1.jpg]
I would have learned a lot from life if I hadn't spent most of my time being educated.
2008-01-24 21:58
Find
Give Thanks
Ashaiel
student
Kintype:
Otherkin:
Contribution: tick 

For the longest time, I wanted to get my name changed -- partly because I didn't like it, and partly because everyone else keeps spelling it wrong despite the fact that it's a somewhat common name. Seriously, folks, how the hell do you hear "Chloe" and think it's spelled "Chole"?

However, these days I've grown used to my given name, if not particularly fond of it; and in fact, my current given name will be useful as I'm starting my independent film career. I plan to use a stage name whenever I'm acting in a film -- all written and produced by myself, of course -- so that should I become somewhat famous, I can hide behind my given name to keep my day-to-day anonymity.

~ Ashaiel

Magnificat anima mea Dominum!
2008-01-24 22:22
Find
Give Thanks
momo
Elephant in the room
Kintype:
Otherkin:

Ages ago, I hated my birth name. It was often the butt of jokes at primary school, because it's what people here would call 'posh' ... heh. *scratches head* I became more known for a shortened version of my first name, and I have been known by it for about 11/12 years. ^^;

Now, I'm too used to my birth name to even consider changing it. I'm not keen on my last name, but that's only because a lot of people misspell it. o_o The only time I'd probably consider changing my last name is if I ever get married.

Thanks to Elinox for the banner!
[Image: momobanner2ok0.png]
Fear the Lishie, Blake and Rizumu.
2008-01-24 22:28
Find
Give Thanks
BlissfulIsis
Eager beaver
Kintype:
Otherkin:

I have toyed with the idea on and off, and have decided that until I 100% know what I would change my name to, I am not going to change it. Besides most people don't use my full name anyway.

There is nothing more uncommon than common sense. Frank Lloyd Wright

Nothing will benefit human health and increase the chances for survival of life on earth as much as the evolution to a vegetarian diet. Albert Einstein
2008-01-24 23:18
Find
Give Thanks
Salaiek
Copy cat
Kintype:
Otherkin:

Meh. My name's not particularly bothersome to me. I used to think of all sorts of things I would change it to when I was younger, but that was more my obsession with changing things than actual dislike of my name. So, given the chance, I really don't think I'd change my name.
2008-01-24 23:32
Find
Give Thanks
Tzolkin
Student: Sociology/General (A.S. 2010) Computer Science (B.S. 2014) Mathematics (A.S. 2014) Applied Computer Science (M.S. Beg. 2016)
Kintype:
Otherkin:

I dislike my given name so much that I refuse to use it online or anywhere else if I can help it. Hopefully someday I can officially change it to something more fitting.

~Tzolkin
2008-01-25 0:00
Find
Give Thanks
niku
Copy cat
Kintype:
Otherkin:

I'm changing my name legally in a couple of years here. I'm researching the legal process of it, and the cost, for now. At first I was only going to change my first name to something more "masculine-like", but have recently decided to take my mother's maiden name as well, as I have never gotten along with my father.
2008-01-25 0:37
Find
Give Thanks
Veritas
Copy cat
Kintype:
Otherkin:

I was almost named Ashley. But other than that I like my name very much. I'm determined to change my last name but my being engaged helps. Nah, I'd never change it. I'm fully content to think of cool names for my future children (far far future) to content my curiosity with names and changing them.

[Image: veritasbanner.png]
2008-01-25 0:41
Find
Give Thanks
Ghost Song
Copy cat
Kintype:
Otherkin:

Someday I plan on legally changing my birth name to the one that I've been going by for 10+ years now, probably sometime in the near future actually. My parents are familiar with the name I will be switching too, so I don't think it will be an issue with them. Older family members I am prepare for still letting them call me by my birth name, as it isn't that I dislike it just that it isn't me.

Ghost Song
2008-01-25 0:47
Find
Give Thanks