Hide background
READ THIS!

Welcome to the Otherkinphenomena forum.

You really have to follow these instructions! Instructions will update as you progress.

If you wish to post on, or access most of the content of our forum and our community, please click here to register first, then follow the instructions below. If you have already registered, please log in, in the above "Hello There, Guest!" box.

Thanks for understanding and see you around.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I see dead people (sorta)
chaitea
Registered Nurse
Kintype:
Otherkin:
Contribution: tick tick 

I see dead people (sorta)
Couldn’t resist.
Either way, I believe that I can (to an extent) see ghosts.

Have been since I was little, but only around my awakening did I really begin to think it wasn’t just my imagination. There was a time in-between when I figured I was just seeing things and didn’t pay it much mind.

What got me thinking it was more then just my imagination was when it wasn’t just me seeing what I thought I wasn’t seeing. For a time, a group of a group of friends I had in high school admitted with one another and then soon went on to discuss and eventually even mess around in this area.

We’d get the basic same description from one another concerning something in the same spot at the same time. Though to a degree each of us did see it differently. I usually got colored outlines, another saw it all in black-white blurs, someone else claimed to see detailed features every so often, ect.
Wacky times shortly ensued after (I might go into specifics later) and in the end it all came down to half of us not talking about it any more and pretending it didn’t happen while the rest of us just stopped talking about it cause when you mentioned it less, it didn’t happen as much. And by that point we were all good and creeped out enough to want to deal with it all much less.

Today, I still see the outlines of possible spirits and entities about. I also still find myself not being the only one either in the same vicinity or in general.

So I guess I’m after to see if anyone else has a similar experience concerning seeing things that aren’t physically there.

Home is where the hoard is
[Image: tactless_dragon_banner.png]
2008-05-25 0:41
Find
Give Thanks
scars
housedad
Kintype:
Otherkin:
Contribution: tick 

Re: I see dead people (sorta)
So youre clairvoyant?..cool. personally i'm clairsentient, i get their thoughts but dont see them...but then i've asked not to, after a nasty incident when i thought we were being burgled...until he vanished.
2008-05-25 22:43
Find
Give Thanks
Deros
High School/College Student
Kintype:
Otherkin:

Clairvoyant is being able to see things that are far away... I think...

[Image: Banner-1.jpg]
I would have learned a lot from life if I hadn't spent most of my time being educated.
2008-05-25 23:36
Find
Give Thanks
Malakoi
Eager beaver
Kintype:
Otherkin:

Clairvoyant means "clear seeing".

[Image: malakoi2.png]
2008-05-25 23:52
Find
Give Thanks
Deros
High School/College Student
Kintype:
Otherkin:

Ah. My bad, then.

[Image: Banner-1.jpg]
I would have learned a lot from life if I hadn't spent most of my time being educated.
2008-05-26 0:37
Find
Give Thanks
Myenia
music student
Kintype:
Otherkin:
Contribution: tick 

While that may be the literal definition of the word, I was also under the impression that it was the ability to see things happening at the present time in a different location.
2008-05-26 14:01
Find
Give Thanks
chaitea
Registered Nurse
Kintype:
Otherkin:

<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/clairvoyant">http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/clairvoyant</a><!-- m -->
Quote:clair·voy·ant
Audio Help /klɛərˈvɔɪənt/ Pronunciation Key - Show Spelled Pronunciation[klair-voi-uhnt] Pronunciation Key - Show IPA Pronunciation
–adjective
1. having or claiming to have the power of seeing objects or actions beyond the range of natural vision.
2. of, by, or pertaining to clairvoyance.
–noun
3. a clairvoyant person.
[Origin: 1665–75; < F, equiv. to clair clear + voyant seeing (prp. of voir to see < L vidére; see -ant)]

<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Clairvoyant">http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Clairvoyant</a><!-- m -->
Quote:Clairvoyance (from 17th century French with clair meaning "clear" and voyance meaning "seeing") is the purported ability to gain information about an object, location or physical event through means other than the known human senses,[1][2] a form of extra-sensory perception. A person said to have the ability of clairvoyance is referred to as a clairvoyant ("one who sees clear").

Claims for the existence of paranormal psychic abilities such as clairvoyance are highly controversial. Parapsychology explores this possibility, but no evidence for such paranormal phenomena is accepted by the scientific community.

I don't know if I'd say I'm clairvoyant, since i don't know the nature of which I'm perceiving these entities. Though come to think of it, i guess i should move this over to the Supernatural Abilities section

I can't hear anything and i almost never see details. The closest thing i can relate it to is also being able to sometimes see the auras of people around me. except when i look at them, theres no person in the midsts of that energy formulation i notice.

Home is where the hoard is
[Image: tactless_dragon_banner.png]
2008-05-26 23:07
Find
Give Thanks
Malakoi
Eager beaver
Kintype:
Otherkin:

Clairvoyance is a very vague term for a variety of phenomena.
Some examples of clairvoyance include remote viewing, visions (precognitive or others), the seeing of non-physical entities/phenomena/ghosts/etc.

[Image: malakoi2.png]
2008-05-28 19:42
Find
Give Thanks
freelanceangel
customer service *facepalm*
Kintype:
Otherkin:

I tend to pick up the emotions of any ghosts I've encountered- *recalling that memorable occasion in high school*- and when my boyfriend, friends and I have gone 'ghost-hunting,' I usually pick up where they've been or where they tend to linger. We've recorded some really...scary EVPs before, and I refuse to ever sit in a silent room/house because I hear voices. (Yeah, I know it sounds schizo, doesn't it?) I'd think I was crazy, but some of the places where I've heard voices, we've recorded EVPs and I was hearing what they said.

That makes falling asleep in quiet houses very disconcerting, and I tend to listen to music while going to bed.

[Image: frelanceangelbanner.png]
Banner/Avatar done by the GLORIOUS Elinox: THANK YOU!
2008-10-02 18:21
Find
Give Thanks
Miniar
Artist
Kintype:
Otherkin:
Contribution: tick tick tick tick 

well, see.. I decided, back when I was a child, that I didn't want to "see" ghosts. I still precieve them on the energetic level, but I don't "see" them other than glances at the corner of my eye.
We have a ghost in the house, she's a source of frustration and amusement sometimes.

[Image: Signiature.jpg]
"Those who can't approach discussion with a basic level of intelligence and maturity shouldn't expect to be taken seriously." ~ Qualia Soup
2008-10-02 18:55
Find
Give Thanks