Hide background
READ THIS!

Welcome to the Otherkinphenomena forum.

You really have to follow these instructions! Instructions will update as you progress.

If you wish to post on, or access most of the content of our forum and our community, please click here to register first, then follow the instructions below. If you have already registered, please log in, in the above "Hello There, Guest!" box.

Thanks for understanding and see you around.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I'm not an angel. I'm a panda!
Veritas
Copy cat
Kintype:
Otherkin:
Contribution: tick 

I'm not an angel. I'm a panda!
With all due respect to panda kin of course.

I was having a discussion with chai and we stumbled upon an interesting thought. After promising I'd put it up for your perusal and comment here it is.

Why is it that some angel kin, including myself, often opt for other things (dragon, faerie ect.) before realize they are in fact angels. happens a lot it would seem and it may have somehting more to do than the common and natural finding of the kin type journey. Is it denial perhaps? I know in my case, I grew up in a traditional Christian home so it seemed a little wrong that I could be such a thing. It took my now fiance to shake me by the shoulders and tell me to my face for me to accept what I am. Are we quicker to call ourselves something else because we are afraid?

[Image: veritasbanner.png]
2008-03-11 2:55
Find
Give Thanks
Qarael
Eager beaver
Kintype:
Otherkin:

Re: I'm not an angel. I'm a panda!
Why is it that some any kin opt to believe themselves to be one thing, before realizing they're something else entirely?

Brain exploding aside, it could be denial out of fear. Or it could be that we're tricked by the fact that angels can appear as anything, depending on who or what we're interacting with. Our latest or most memorable mask could pop into mind first, leading us to believe that's what we are. I mean, that's what I'd figure, anyway.

[Image: qbanner.jpg]
2008-03-11 3:16
Find
Give Thanks
Ashaiel
student
Kintype:
Otherkin:

I don't think I'm the only angel to have had vampiric tendencies in the past. It also seems to be somewhat common for angels to incarnate as other things before becoming human.

Could be wrong, though.

~ Ashaiel

Magnificat anima mea Dominum!
2008-03-11 3:28
Find
Give Thanks
Feral
Copy cat
Kintype:
Otherkin:

This message says nothing.
2008-03-11 3:54
Find
Give Thanks
elzebrook
Fly on the wall
Kintype:
Otherkin:
Contribution:

I've run across quite a few angels who are hereditary fae, which explains why they may go toward faerie.

Ashaiel's also right that angels often incarnate many, many times (myself included), so they end up being a composite of everything they've ever been, but angel at the core. I've been lots and lots of different things, and they all play a part in my current identity, just like when this particular life ends, the person I am at the moment will become part of the person I will be in the future.

Also, it's possible to be two different things at the same time. I'm fae, and I'm an angel. This is how I was created, and it was for a reason. I thought I was simply fae for a while, until I realized I was also angelic.

[Image: sig.jpg]
2008-03-11 3:57
Find
Give Thanks
RKCoon
Mechanic by day....
Kintype:
Otherkin:

Speaking for myself... the stygma and air attached to what angelics both are and attached to. it repulsed and disgusted me, due to my mental standpoints and what limited knowledge i had at the time of them. once i began to learn about myself and how i relate - and dont - to them, some of it went away, but that... reprehension? i guess remained for a long time and still does. having an angelic in me, as a part of me still bothers me, tho less these days. tho i will admit, many of my recovered memories dont help that much either.
2008-03-11 5:24
Find
Give Thanks
Angelbunny
Copy cat
Kintype:
Otherkin:

I always thought I was insane not angelic but my thought was I was angelic from the start. I never thought myself anything else but this could be due to the fact that this is my first incarnet down here too.
2008-03-11 5:44
Find
Give Thanks
Selcar
Copy cat
Kintype:
Otherkin:

I'm not sure that such statements are more common amongst the angel-kin folk than not - but if so, could be caused by a number of reasons. The first being that it just doesn't come across one's mind as (pardon the term) easily as some other kin-types out there. Most may agree that angels are an energetic being, not a physical flesh and blood being, and thus would be vastly different from how physical being feel. It's perhaps easier for the human brain to guess at what a wolf feels/senses/perceives, but how does an angel feel? How does it see and think? I think it's very different from what we're used to - our minds just convert it over into as best as we can understand, images, metaphors, etc (which is why many angelkin are winged human sorts, even though that concept of angel is relatively modern).

The stigma could also be connected to it, both the common perception of Angel and the term of angelkin - for the most part even within the angelkin grouping there's something of a subculture - choirs, cherubs, etc.

*edit* I also think that angels being vampiric make sense on some level - angelkin are further disconnected from their original "source" and so may need to replace the energy that they would typically have.

"Justice, like lightning, should appear, to few men's ruin but to all men's fear."

[Image: Selcar.jpg]
2008-03-11 10:16
Find
Give Thanks
Terro
Gymnastics instructor and lifeguard
Kintype:
Otherkin:
Contribution: tick tick tick tick 

I personally don't recall having a phase where I though I was something else, the first otherkin inklings I had were Angelic in nature, but I have seen many who have switched entirely after finding out more about themselves.

Originally I was apprehensive to the idea of being an Angel, like many said before me in this thread, there is a stigma about being an Angel. One would most likely have the humility to think they are not truly what is spoken of in Sunday Mass (especially in the western world dominated mostly by Judeo-Christian culture). That reason is probably why I dismissed many of my experiences prior to awakening as just dreams, I rationalized that obviously in the dream I am imagining myself as a greater being, what being is greater than the servants of the Creator (barring the Creator itself)?

The maximum effective range of an excuse is zero meters.
-The Unit
2008-03-11 14:04
Find
Give Thanks
Miniar
Artist
Kintype:
Otherkin:
Contribution: tick tick tick tick 

I think, kin wide, it's often a matter of wanting to find one's kintype a little too much. So that the first, somewhat likely looking, thing becomes the "kintype" until further looking gives new answers. That sort of thing.

[Image: Signiature.jpg]
"Those who can't approach discussion with a basic level of intelligence and maturity shouldn't expect to be taken seriously." ~ Qualia Soup
2008-03-11 15:02
Find
Give Thanks