Hide background
READ THIS!

Welcome to the Otherkinphenomena forum.

You really have to follow these instructions! Instructions will update as you progress.

If you wish to post on, or access most of the content of our forum and our community, please click here to register first, then follow the instructions below. If you have already registered, please log in, in the above "Hello There, Guest!" box.

Thanks for understanding and see you around.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I'm Indestructible!
chaitea
Registered Nurse
Kintype:
Otherkin:
Contribution: tick tick 

I'm Indestructible!
Or more like i forget that i am quite destructible this time around.
Do you guys get that all all? It's not that i completely lack proprioception. I am aware of my body and the world around it, it's just that i forget things such as that my body has limits, needs, or weaknesses all to often.

In my natural mind frame, nothing can touch me and I can crush any and all opposition. I can work for hours without sustaining needs and am immune to pain. obviously I'm reminded of this falsehood all to often but the fact that it still remains a natural constant is curious to me. I'm not sure if i should attribute it to my draconic mind frame since that makes scene that it would be set believing i am quite indestructible makes scene to me. Or to me just being over confident (which doesn't make scene cause of all my insecurities i will admit to) or crazy (but that's a copout answer by now).

Home is where the hoard is
[Image: tactless_dragon_banner.png]
2008-09-18 18:57
Find
Give Thanks
Granamyr
Copy cat
Kintype:
Otherkin:
Contribution: tick 

Re: I'm Indestructible!
Hmm, my draconic mindset is something similar to, "Huh, puny human weapons. *flick*" A bit of a swaggering temper knowing, some how, that my dragon self, while a decent creature, is a bit smug. Then I get hurt and I'm all too aware of this frail form and too it's mental limitations.
2008-09-19 1:41
Find
Give Thanks
Deros
High School/College Student
Kintype:
Otherkin:

I don't get like this, despite both corporeal and draconic lives composing most of my existance. Possibly because of a particularly horrible death in one of my lives (yes, boohoo, I was in pain a dozen lifetimes back, poor me [just trying to get that out of the way myself so that nobody else could]). So pain is a very real thing for me, and in fact I can take a lot more than I believe I can.

[Image: Banner-1.jpg]
I would have learned a lot from life if I hadn't spent most of my time being educated.
2008-09-19 1:46
Find
Give Thanks
Unregistered
Kintype:
Otherkin:

Yes. Whether it has to do with my "trueform" or if it's just my hot-head remains to be seen.

But yes, I've found that I can kick ass pretty hard. There's not a stroke of pansy-girl in me (then again, I'm not exactly on the flimsy looking side anyway).

Lack of food seems to be an odd thing with me though. I can do just fine working through the day on little food (a granla bar and maybe some water for example), though I don't do that on purpose (there's just never any time to grab food with school and work and all).
2008-09-20 0:42
Give Thanks
simim23
Eager beaver
Kintype:
Otherkin:

Hahaha. Tell me about it.

I've actually had people remind me that yes, your body has limits. That yes, your bones can break, that your muscles and skin can rip, that you need food, Simim, you also need sleep.

I honestly forget, still. A lot. Hadn't had a meal in 3 days because I was doing some fun stuff and then someone asked me if I'd like something some sushi, and I agreed. Then remembered I was hungry. Good thing it was a buffet, because 4 plates of sushi anywhere else isn't 9 dollars.

Night before last I forgot to sleep. Then I crashed last night, but got up 3 hours later and went to work. ^_^;;

Simim: Rainbow poop at your disservice.
[Image: 313pq88.png]
2008-09-29 23:07
Find
Give Thanks
Miniar
Artist
Kintype:
Otherkin:
Contribution: tick tick tick tick 

Nope, never gotten this.. I'm well aware of my limitations.

[Image: Signiature.jpg]
"Those who can't approach discussion with a basic level of intelligence and maturity shouldn't expect to be taken seriously." ~ Qualia Soup
2008-09-30 0:35
Find
Give Thanks
freelanceangel
customer service *facepalm*
Kintype:
Otherkin:

*laughing* Limits? Physical damage? What's that?

Seriously, I hurt myself constantly simply because I forget that objects don't become incorporeal when I pass through the space they occupy. (That's because the Universe didn't read the memo. *growl*) I also forget that I bruise like a five-day-old rotten peach, and that no, gravity won't remember you think you're a hummingbird. Falling isn't optional.

[Image: frelanceangelbanner.png]
Banner/Avatar done by the GLORIOUS Elinox: THANK YOU!
2008-09-30 16:15
Find
Give Thanks
Elinox
Professional Pirate
Kintype: Lupine & Feline
Otherkin: Yes
Contribution: tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick 

Freetha Wrote:Nope, never gotten this.. I'm well aware of my limitations.

Same here. I'm well aware of my physical and mental limitations. I just wish other people were as accepting of their own faults as I am of mine.

[Image: sGaXcqG.png]
Banner by me. If you want one too, see here.

"You're the best kind of crazy." -Murphy, The Dresden Files
2008-09-30 16:38
Find
Give Thanks
freelanceangel
customer service *facepalm*
Kintype:
Otherkin:

Elinox Wrote:

Same here. I'm well aware of my physical and mental limitations. I just wish other people were as accepting of their own faults as I am of mine.

See, I'm aware of mine, but being a hyperactive, overenthusiastic, bouncy thing, I tend to forget that there ARE limits, much less what mine are. *laughing* I think that's why I get hurt so often. Does knowing that count as accepting a fault? ^_^

[Image: frelanceangelbanner.png]
Banner/Avatar done by the GLORIOUS Elinox: THANK YOU!
2008-10-01 12:21
Find
Give Thanks
Elinox
Professional Pirate
Kintype: Lupine & Feline
Otherkin: Yes
Contribution: tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick 

freelanceangel Wrote:
Elinox Wrote:

See, I'm aware of mine, but being a hyperactive, overenthusiastic, bouncy thing, I tend to forget that there ARE limits, much less what mine are. *laughing* I think that's why I get hurt so often. Does knowing that count as accepting a fault? ^_^

At least you're aware of it. I know people who don't seem to realize that they have faults at all.

[Image: sGaXcqG.png]
Banner by me. If you want one too, see here.

"You're the best kind of crazy." -Murphy, The Dresden Files
2008-10-01 13:31
Find
Give Thanks