Hide background
READ THIS!

Welcome to the Otherkinphenomena forum.

You really have to follow these instructions! Instructions will update as you progress.

If you wish to post on, or access most of the content of our forum and our community, please click here to register first, then follow the instructions below. If you have already registered, please log in, in the above "Hello There, Guest!" box.

Thanks for understanding and see you around.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How did you realise?
Bubbles
Pile of spotty floof.
Kintype: Dragon, cheetah, others.
Otherkin: Yes
Contribution: tick 

How did you realise?
How did you know you were otherkin, and also, what your type was? Your
otherkin awakening, if you will. (though I dislike that term)

Volunteer moderator.
WinkIf you have any issues, questions, or would just like to chat feel free to send me a private message.

[Image: OKPbanner3.png]
2021-11-12 6:45
Find
Give Thanks
Tdae
New
Kintype: ghost wolf
Otherkin: No
Contribution: new

RE: How did you realise?
I "awakened" when I was 18 and encountered what I believed to be a ghost in the forest that got inside of my mind and became a part of me. I later learned the "ghost" was actually a dissociated aspect of myself. I don't know if I'm otherkin but somebody suggested I could be because my 'type is a spirit. I thought I was closer to therian because of wolf and I'm not that spiritual. But now I think I might be closer to otherkin.
2021-11-19 3:54
Find
Give Thanks
Azaphaer
Member is Online
That Fly JetDragon Moderator
Kintype: Astral Dragon, Cybertronian
Otherkin: Yes
Contribution: tick 

RE: How did you realise?
I was born awakened, as for as long as I can remember I saw myself as other than human. Since I was very little I identified myself as a dragon, and even called myself a dragon in secret. Back then I didn't have a word or a community for it, I just was nonhuman and thought I was all alone in that. It wasn't until sometime in 2007 that I would stumble upon an individuals website who wrote about their own draocnic awakening. Instantly I knew I had found someone who felt the same as I did, and found out there were many others, that I was Otherkin.

I would have my second awakening in 2013, though this would be drawn into 2015 when I finally put a name to the feelings. Although once again, this brought me back to things I experienced much earlier in life. I guess thats what an awakening is though, the realization. An ah-ha moment where we begin to understand ourselves more and what we are. In 2015 I recognized that as being Cybertronian, as being fictionkin, Starscream the First.

Currently I am going through what may be another awakening. At this point I'm not entirely sure, but slowly I have been recognizing canine traits in myself. This has become more aware to me as I refelct on similarities between myself and my own dogs, though I don't see myself as a German Shepherd or French Bulldog. From what I've felt has led me to rather a mix breed bred for sledding, an alaskan husky. For now I continuing to question it.

-Azaphaer

[Image: starscream.azaphaer.bannersmol.jpg]
Dragon - Cybertronian - He/Him
2021-11-19 15:11
Find
Give Thanks