Hide background
READ THIS!

Welcome to the Otherkinphenomena forum.

You really have to follow these instructions! Instructions will update as you progress.

If you wish to post on, or access most of the content of our forum and our community, please click here to register first, then follow the instructions below. If you have already registered, please log in, in the above "Hello There, Guest!" box.

Thanks for understanding and see you around.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How Do You Communicate With Your Headmates?
Malakoi
Eager beaver
Kintype:
Otherkin:
Contribution: tick tick 

How Do You Communicate With Your Headmates?
Multiplicity-relevant discussion was happening the Celestials forum, and I thought I'd expand on it here.

My former headmates and I originally lost our friendliness due to communication barriers. I am curious about how others communicate with their headmates and if there are similar difficulties, past or present.

[Image: malakoi2.png]
2008-11-08 6:12
Find
Give Thanks
Deros
High School/College Student
Kintype:
Otherkin:

Re: How Do You Communicate With Your Headmates?
For us, it's almost entirely mental talking, although it's a bit more difficult because of my mental barriers. I only pay attention to thoughts in the uppermost layer of my mental "list", due to some depression and headache problems that have occurred otherwise. So, in order to get my attention, usually Krae- who's more talkative, really- messes with our energy to get my attention before we talk. Either I'm getting better at automatically noticing it now, though, or she's finding ways to bring herself to my attention with less uncomfortable methods.

[Image: Banner-1.jpg]
I would have learned a lot from life if I hadn't spent most of my time being educated.
2008-11-08 6:52
Find
Give Thanks
House Hesson
cat slave
Kintype:
Otherkin:
Contribution: tick tick tick 

Mental "talking" also, although it's done in whatever modality we're using for our thoughts at the moment. Sometimes speech, sometimes images, sometimes emotions, sometimes perceptions of touch and distance and energy.

And that sounds unclear to me, but I'm not sure how to go into more detail. >.>

-Val

"All knowledge is worth having." -Phedre no Delaunay

"Everything has a price." -Jaenelle Angelline

"I think if you try, that's being your best." -Echo
2008-11-08 7:11
Find
Give Thanks
momo
Elephant in the room
Kintype:
Otherkin:

Rizumu likes to talk or say random words, but if she's worried the body's muscles tense up and our hands shake, so she's used the physical body as a way to communicate, too. Blake is more a fan of using mental imagery or emotions, but he does speak if we get his attention or if he needs something. I'm also a talker, but I use a lot of emotion, too.

So mainly ... mental speech, feelings, with a little bit of mental imagery and physical reactions when one of us (particularly Rizumu) feels strongly about something.

~ Lishie

Thanks to Elinox for the banner!
[Image: momobanner2ok0.png]
Fear the Lishie, Blake and Rizumu.
2008-11-08 17:43
Find
Give Thanks
Motley
Elephant in the room
Kintype:
Otherkin:

I don't really consider myself a multiple, but I guess I do have a 'headmate' of sorts.

Usually if I want to talk to him I enter a meditative state and either visualize him (or sometimes her) in my room with me, or I visualize myself visitng him in his place. Then we talk. If Waki wants to get my attention he charges up my energy field until I'm like, 'ok what do you want?' But it isn't always verbal. Sometimes he merges with me to various levels, and I just begin to act like he would, though I never let him take the reigns fully. He's supposed to guide me, not control me. He doesn't actually live in my head, he just visits from time to time.

[Image: motleybanner2.png]
"I inherited the spirit of the sun. I'll meet you when the day breaks through. It's time to shine and make all your dreams come true. Come on, wish upon a dog star!" -Hybrid
2008-11-08 19:58
Find
Give Thanks
Annwyn
Super Moderator
Kintype:
Otherkin:

We use mental talking a lot and sometimes images. Also, feelings are a big thing when we talk. Gabriel's big on talking and sometimes it makes the body really hyper if he wants my attention and I'm ignoring him.

--Sarah

Members: Gabriel, Lestat, Nico, Fenrir, and Nathaniel.
2008-11-08 20:22
Find
Give Thanks
vampyre_smiles
Copy cat
Kintype:
Otherkin:

I guess I can count myself... I'm more verbal, and do a lot of self-talk anyway. Depending on who I'm speaking with, they may reply verbally, in thoughts, pictures, or by doing something with the body. I have a lot of trouble with the last one as the headmate who does that isn't one I trust with this body...

-V_S

[Image: 2mLJ.gif]
2008-11-08 21:18
Find
Give Thanks
momo
Elephant in the room
Kintype:
Otherkin:

vampyre_smiles Wrote:I guess I can count myself... I'm more verbal, and do a lot of self-talk anyway. Depending on who I'm speaking with, they may reply verbally, in thoughts, pictures, or by doing something with the body. I have a lot of trouble with the last one as the headmate who does that isn't one I trust with this body...

-V_S

Ehm ... you might have already mentioned this somewhere else, but when did you start considering yourself multiple? Just curious.

EDIT: S'alright, just found your other post from a few weeks ago. I did wonder, as you hadn't mentioned it anywhere else or in your intro.

~ Lishie

Thanks to Elinox for the banner!
[Image: momobanner2ok0.png]
Fear the Lishie, Blake and Rizumu.
2008-11-08 23:02
Find
Give Thanks
Malakoi
Eager beaver
Kintype:
Otherkin:

In my situation, Iago was a verbal thinker, while Puck and I were/are not. Iago (more or less) could not think, let alone communicate without forming things into words. This led to a lot of unhappiness whenever Puck and I tried to tell him something important.

Based partially on my experience and partially on certain individuals I know and what they say about their own thinking, I actually believe that thinking verbally is slower. I have yet to find a legitimate way to test this but.. *shrug*

As you can see, this is where a lot of the tension between Iago and I began. I felt that he was choosing not to let go of language and he felt helpless without it. At least, that's how I think he felt. He didn't actually tell me.

Puck and I were able to communicate more or less perfectly through more abstract thinking.

Do you have to maintain communication with your headmates the way you do with friends and family? Are you conscious of one another's thoughts without having to be informed?

I only knew what Puck and Iago wanted to share with me. Though we all experienced consciousness simultaneously, so there was no "this person is fronting and the other(s) is/are asleep". We experienced multiplicity as having three minds all aware, awake and independent, though only one got to control the body at any given time. We shared memories for this reason but all had independent and secret thoughts and feelings.

[Image: malakoi2.png]
2008-11-09 3:36
Find
Give Thanks
Annwyn
Super Moderator
Kintype:
Otherkin:

Malakoi Wrote:

Do you have to maintain communication with your headmates the way you do with friends and family? Are you conscious of one another's thoughts without having to be informed?

We often go periods without communicating any way, but that's usually when one of us is concentrating really hard on something. For the most part, we know one another's thoughts without any form of communication, but it's because we're usually interacting in someway.

--Shang

Members: Gabriel, Lestat, Nico, Fenrir, and Nathaniel.
2008-11-09 3:42
Find
Give Thanks