This is apparently the new occult craze in Japan and Korea right now, and it's even starting to spread to the western world via internet-fame. There's even a Vocaloid song about it. (The sad thing is that said song actually isn't half bad)
It is also the stupidest thing I have ever heard of.
Basically the entire point of this 'game' is to summon a spirit to possess a doll, bind it to the doll with red string, and challenge it to a game of hide-and-seek...with your body as the prize if it wins.
I'm serious. They give the doll a weapon, like a sharp pencil or even a knife, and go hide somewhere challenging the spirit to use the doll to find and kill them. Did I mention that it's incredibly stupid?
Here is the set of 'rules' for the game currently being passed around the internet:
- A doll with legs. Not a human doll, since there's a great possibilty that the spirit will not leave the doll. Don't use a doll that you like because of the same reason. The doll will be a place for the spirit to come.
- Rice. The spirit that eats this offering is said to grow stronger.
- Red thread. This later symbolizes blood and acts as a restraint.
- Something from your body. It's usually fingernails, but some use their own blood, skin, hair, etc. It becomes a curse if you use someone else's body parts.
- Weapon. Something to stab the doll so that you can anger it. Real knives are dangerous, so most people use pencil or needle.
- Salt/Saltwater or alcohol. Without this, the game won't end. The material is used to get rid of the spirit.
- Safety place. You NEED a safe sanctuary, somewhere preferably with lots of crosses, god statues, etc.
- A name. Giving the spirit a name is the most powerful thing a human can give to the spirit. Names give spirits great power.
1.Cut the doll and replace the foam/stuffing with rice.
2. Place something from your body into the doll.
3. Wrap the doll with a red thread as if to hinder(stop) the doll.
4. In a bathroom, pour water onto a large washbasin and find a place to hide.
5. Place a cup of salt water in the place before starting the game.
Start at 3 AM, since that is the time where spirits are the most free to move.
Give the doll a name (for example: Bob).
When the clock strikes 3, close your eyes and say, "First tagger is (doll name)! First tagger is (doll name)! First tagger is (doll name)!"
When talking to the doll, you MUST talk sternly.
Now go to the bathroom and place the doll in the washbasin.
Turn off all lights.
Close your eyes and count to 10, get your prepared weapon and go to the bathroom.
Go to the doll in the washbasin and say
"I found you (doll name)!"
And stab the doll.
After that, close your eyes again and say
"Now (doll name) is it! Now (doll name) is it! Now (doll name) is it!"
Place the weapon next to the doll and go to your hiding (safety) place. You MUST lock the door.
Also, lock all windows and doors.
Place the salt water in your mouth. DO NOT SPIT IT OUT. The salt water will protect you from the spirit.
To end the game:
When you want to end the game, take leftover salt water or alcohol and find the doll.
The doll may not be in the bathroom. (There are instances of the doll being outside).
When you find the doll, spit out the salt water and spray the leftover.
Close your eyes and shout
"I win! I win! I win!"
The doll will give up.
It is advised to burn the doll after the game.
-You MUST play this game alone. If more than one person does this at the same time, there's a great chance that someone will be possessed.
- Do NOT go outside the house.
- Keep the game under 2 hours. After this time, the spirit will be too strong to remove.
- When hiding, you MUST be silent.
- Turn off all electronics before starting.
- When running away, do NOT look back. Only look forward. And don't sleep while playing - the doll may stab you.
- When discovered by the doll, you can get a small wound or be possessed. When the doll finds you, your weapon will be around the floor or in your pocket, so you must be careful.
- After the game is over, it is important to clean up properly. Spray salt on every corner of the house, especially places where you put the doll and where you found it. Salt scares away any spirits.
People say that usually the TV flips channels on its own, perfectly normal lights flicker, the TV volume seems to change (if you left TV and other lights on), doors seem to open and shut on their own, or you can hear the sound of laughter. Often when the doll is found, it's away from the its original spot. Sometimes, the demons actually chase after your spot and demand that you come out.
So yes. Kids have finally graduated from those cold October nights of giggling Ouija board play. Now they do this.
Thoughts, facepalms, rage-rants?