Hide background
READ THIS!

Welcome to the Otherkinphenomena forum.

You really have to follow these instructions! Instructions will update as you progress.

If you wish to post on, or access most of the content of our forum and our community, please click here to register first, then follow the instructions below. If you have already registered, please log in, in the above "Hello There, Guest!" box.

Thanks for understanding and see you around.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hi!
Nim
New
Kintype: fox spirit questioning raccoon
Otherkin: Yes
Contribution: new

Hi!
Hello! I'm Nim a 33yo alterhuman from the Netherlands. I joined the alterhuman community in April 2018 and have had a nonhuman self image since 1998. I am a vivid and lucid dreamer, shift in dreams often and they mean a lot to me. I consider myself alterhuman because of my dreams and am also otherkin and therian though not quite stable in my 'types yet. Right now I am questioning raccoons and curious to see where this will take my journey. I am also very strongly dog-hearted and have experiences that are therianthropic so sometimes I switch between dog-hearted and dog therian labels but generally I feel comfortable with calling it kith.
I heard from these forums through Azaphaer's tumblr and since I enjoy otherkin forums, I decided to come take a look. Am excited to check ever out!
2022-09-13 8:32
Find
Give Thanks
Elinox
Professional Pirate
Kintype: Lupine & Feline
Contribution: tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick 

RE: Hi!
Glad you found OKP, welcome!

I'm Elinox, the admin here and a wolf/werewolf and cat.

Since you've been questioning your 'kin identity since 1998 what makes you lean towards racoon now?

[Image: sGaXcqG.png]
Banner by me. If you want one too, see here.

"You're the best kind of crazy." -Murphy, The Dresden Files
2022-09-13 15:21
Find
Give Thanks
Azaphaer
Super Moderator
Kintype: Astral Dragon
Contribution: tick 

Welcome to OKP!

Glad to see you were interested in checking this forum out. If you have any questions, feel free to ask, I'm more than happy to help! ^^

[Image: smolazaphaerpixel.gif]
Astral Dragon ✦ Cybertronian ✦ Host of the AllSpark
Asexual ✦ He/Him ✦ Mated to Tivaran
2022-09-13 22:17
Find
Give Thanks
Nim
New
Kintype: fox spirit questioning raccoon
Contribution: new

(2022-09-13 15:21)Elinox Wrote:  Since you've been questioning your 'kin identity since 1998 what makes you lean towards racoon now?

Before I joined the community, I was always searching for my animal species, what animal I truly was. I had no idea how to go about it and what it meant. Joining the community changed a lot for me, because now I had words to describe my experience and a guiding idea of how to find my theriotype. Since then I have slowly been questioning different species and learning more about my own animality through that. What size felt right for me, is something I found out by trying on different animals like rats and bears. Maybe it's because I'm autistic that it's just taking me so much longer to find what feels right for me in different aspects. Where I should live, how I would forage and eat, how I'd interact with fellows of my species or the world at large. I am still questioning some parts, like my vocals.
Thanks for asking this question, what leads me to raccoons now is all the habits, experiences and shifts coming together and raccoon is what I've found so far to be the best fit.
2022-09-14 8:59
Find
Give Thanks