Hide background
READ THIS!

Welcome to the Otherkinphenomena forum.

You really have to follow these instructions! Instructions will update as you progress.

If you wish to post on, or access most of the content of our forum and our community, please click here to register first, then follow the instructions below. If you have already registered, please log in, in the above "Hello There, Guest!" box.

Thanks for understanding and see you around.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hermaphrodites and gender
Svaenohr
Professional weirdo
Kintype:
Otherkin:
Contribution: tick 

Hermaphrodites and gender
Three of our rank are hermaphrodites. Wait... okay, four. Negarahn tends toward the masculine end of the spectrum, while the other three tend towards the feminine. Of all four, Tristan seems to be the most balanced between masculine and feminine.

However, we suspect this is due to our life experiences here among humans. Fayanora's people (and Negarahn's as well) apparently have (from what we've channelled) all kinds of interesting gender types that don't occur often or at all among humans. It seems that, free of the restrictions of opposite sexes, gender is free to be as weird as it wants to be.

And Shao'Kehn is an interesting case, being a hermaphroditic Goddess. Who we may possibly be an avatar of. o_O

My people (so far known only as Omni-Daemons) seem to have polar sexes like humans, which is odd considering that we're not only shapeshifters but have a spirit form and are capable of converting the matter of our bodies into any kind of matter or energy we wish it to be. We can even drop our body altogether and make a new one, though that is extremely difficult and dangerous. Gods, I wish the current body was an Omni-Daemon body.

-Pi

Ich bin ein Diener des Lebens.

Pi = An irrational number.
2009-07-21 11:42
Find
Give Thanks
HannaTrinity
Copy cat
Kintype:
Otherkin:

Re: Hermaphrodites and gender
Ok I'm failing to see what this topic is getting at. Why did you start this topic?

<3Hanna<3

[Image: hannabanner2.png]
^Made by Elinox^
2009-07-21 14:16
Find
Give Thanks
Varkadevi
Copy cat
Kintype:
Otherkin:

Yeaaaah where is the part where there's a topic and/or question for discussion? This is more of a statement.

“A considerable percentage of the people we meet on the street are people who are empty inside, that is, they are actually already dead. It is fortunate for us that we do not see and do not know it.”
- G.I. Gurdjieff
2010-07-12 8:13
Find
Give Thanks
Miniar
Artist
Kintype:
Otherkin:
Contribution: tick tick tick tick 

Personally, I ascribe to the brain-gender theory due to the evidence in existence that supports it, and so I find it "strange" for multiples to have "mixed genders".

[Image: Signiature.jpg]
"Those who can't approach discussion with a basic level of intelligence and maturity shouldn't expect to be taken seriously." ~ Qualia Soup
2010-07-12 14:31
Find
Give Thanks
thetwins
Copy cat
Kintype:
Otherkin:

Miniar Wrote:Personally, I ascribe to the brain-gender theory due to the evidence in existence that supports it, and so I find it "strange" for multiples to have "mixed genders".

First we hold that neither sex nor gender are binary. Our listing of genders tends to look at it as a sliding scale of some form, while also being willing to list various catergories of individual sliding as genders in their own right. So if any individuals gender is an expression of that spectrum, through the focal lens of 'self' might it not be that if the 'self' shattered that the expression of that spectrum might then be less than uniform? Now, I know that this does not cover all types of multiples. but if gender is a spectrum, and if that spectrum is expressed one way or another in the human brain, then surely seperate individuals that happened to have some connection or other to the same human brain could also be less than uniform.

Secondly, whether or not it is 'strange' in our experience it seems to be that more multiples have a range of genders within the collective that shares one body than do not. Now I don't know why it happens, I can't even claim we fully understand how we as a collective link to the same body and the same brain. We happen to know that we do, and that we are. And that further, 'strange' or not, that we are not all the same gender.

Face & the twins

[Image: thetwinsbanner.png]
2010-07-13 4:15
Find
Give Thanks
Miniar
Artist
Kintype:
Otherkin:

I didn't say anything about gender nor sex being a binary, only that I ascribe to the theory that gender is a function in the brain. No matter where on the sliding scale of gender identity the person falls.

"Those who can't approach discussion with a basic level of intelligence and maturity shouldn't expect to be taken seriously." ~ Qualia Soup
2010-07-13 13:52
Find
Give Thanks
House Hesson
cat slave
Kintype:
Otherkin:
Contribution: tick tick tick 

Miniar Wrote:I didn't say anything about gender nor sex being a binary, only that I ascribe to the theory that gender is a function in the brain. No matter where on the sliding scale of gender identity the person falls.

Can't say for certain about Twins&, but our own belief is that the brain-supported gender can also have a range. Our body-default is "Meh, I have a gender?" Thus, quite easy for us to support a variety of gender identities including a gender-slider who goes from a default of "If I think about it, I feel that I'm male" to the occasional "Wait what, I'm a girl now?" We've seen research on the inability to change brain gender through hormones and/or surgery but not anything on being genderqueer; if we've missed anything interesting in that department, of course, we want to see it, yes please.

Kin-wise, we've also found that species sex-and-gender range is not necessarily the same as internal gender identity range. Those of us who fit into our species' third sex tend to declare a "side" that they at least feel resonates with them more. Gender role expectations in this society probably play a part in that.

-Shaynin

"All knowledge is worth having." -Phedre no Delaunay

"Everything has a price." -Jaenelle Angelline

"I think if you try, that's being your best." -Echo
2010-07-13 14:53
Find
Give Thanks
thetwins
Copy cat
Kintype:
Otherkin:

Miniar Wrote:I didn't say anything about gender nor sex being a binary, only that I ascribe to the theory that gender is a function in the brain. No matter where on the sliding scale of gender identity the person falls.

Didn't mean to suggest that you had said it was binary. We mentioned it more because the fact that we don't think it is biniary is in some ways fairly fundamental to how we view both sex and gender. Nor do we tend to always focus on how self and our perception of self ties into the wetware of the brain. But say gender is a function of the human brain. If that function has neither a universal or constant answer, or if it is possible that it can hold multiple answers at the same time then that might explain why multiples have a range in genders.

But all of that and what we commented on before is vague speculation on our part. We know we have varying genders within. We don't know why we do mind you. Just as in our experience very few multiples are all one gender within the same system. In fact we aren't sure we could name any that are.

Wolf & Raven

[Image: thetwinsbanner.png]
2010-07-19 3:08
Find
Give Thanks
Miniar
Artist
Kintype:
Otherkin:

thetwins Wrote:We know we have varying genders within. We don't know why we do mind you. Just as in our experience very few multiples are all one gender within the same system. In fact we aren't sure we could name any that are.

Wolf & Raven

Well, most of the world views sex and gender both as a clear binary, you're either a man or a woman.
If we take it as a given (and I do) that gender is more like a sliding scale then there's the hypothetical possibility that some of the "mixed gender multiples" are that way because it allows them to experience both sides, in a world that tells a person to be "either one or the other".

Not saying it is, just suggesting the hypothetical.

2010-07-19 11:41
Find
Give Thanks