Hide background
READ THIS!

Welcome to the Otherkinphenomena forum.

You really have to follow these instructions! Instructions will update as you progress.

If you wish to post on, or access most of the content of our forum and our community, please click here to register first, then follow the instructions below. If you have already registered, please log in, in the above "Hello There, Guest!" box.

Thanks for understanding and see you around.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Help me shop for games
Archer
Suing You
Kintype:
Otherkin:
Contribution: tick tick tick tick 

Help me shop for games
I have nothing to do for two-ish weeks. A computer game or two would be nice to pass the time.

Consoles are out as I don't have the funds to buy a new one, so that leaves the PC.

Something high spec probably won't run on my computer, but try me. I hate racing and fighting games, but I think every other genre is in.

I kinda like the look of Dead Space but as I'm meant to be relaxing it might not be a good idea, heh. Preferred setting would be science fiction of some kind. I'd been looking at Spore but it looked a bit repetitive to me. TV and movie tie-ins are cool, so long as I like the original franchise. FPS games are cool so long as they're not horribly difficult (as it's not my strongest genre).

Games I've been in love with over the last several years are Star Wars games Galactic Battlegrounds, Empire at War, Republic Commando, Knights of the Old Republic 1 and 2, and Lego Star Wars; Marvel Ultimate Alliance; and The Sims 2. Really if there was a Knights of the Old Republic 3, that would be perfect, heh. Plot is important. Fun is important. Would rather not play an MMORPG, as I don't think I'll have the time to devote to it.

Suggestions, please? I look forward to embracing your ideas, or shooting them down in flames!

Ubi Dubium, Ibi Libertas

Quote:"I have suffered from being misunderstood, but I would have suffered a hell of a lot more if I had been understood."

[Image: neverforgetm.png]
2008-10-30 2:41
Find
Give Thanks
Deros
High School/College Student
Kintype:
Otherkin:
Contribution: tick tick 

Re: Help me shop for games
The game Rome is good, although I don't really know what kind of quality is required. The concept is simple: using your army, expand and conquer with your army. Gameplay is rather similar to Galactic Battlegrounds, except that you have a set army and expand it out of the battlescreen. I don't really know much more because I only played it at my friend's house and we mostly just did quickplay.

[Image: Banner-1.jpg]
I would have learned a lot from life if I hadn't spent most of my time being educated.
2008-10-30 4:54
Find
Give Thanks
Motley
Elephant in the room
Kintype:
Otherkin:

I've been playing Fable, and my friend has been playing Fable 2. (I usually buy games that have been out for awhile because I don't really think they're worth $50.) Medieval setting, lots of fighting...just what you didn't order, right?

But the character changes based on his, or her if you go with Fable 2, actions. Eat right and you'll be slim and hot looking. Too many pies, and that will show too. Rescue a bunch of traders and you'll start to get that halo thing going on. Sacrifice too many villagers and you grow horns. Get beaten up too much? Scars. You can get married (same sex if you prefer), have sex (sorry they keep it PG), get drunk, own real estate. And yes, good or evil, or something in between, there is a plot.

[Image: motleybanner2.png]
"I inherited the spirit of the sun. I'll meet you when the day breaks through. It's time to shine and make all your dreams come true. Come on, wish upon a dog star!" -Hybrid
2008-10-30 6:10
Find
Give Thanks
Archer
Suing You
Kintype:
Otherkin:

Re Rome - with RTS I almost always get kinda bored of medieval type settings. I used to play various historical RTS games years ago and while I enjoyed them, I never really got hooked or got too deep into them. (On the other hand, see Mega-Lo-Mania - give me the chance to destroy the other guy's castles with my FLEET OF FLYING SAUCERS and I will be so hot for a game.)

I don't think Fable 2 is out for PC yet, so that's a no. Been looking at Fable for ages though. Always got put off by the fantasy setting, but ever since Dark Forces II: Jedi Knight, I loved games where you can make moral choices.

(My favourite so far being KOTOR 2. I had two lightsabres. I had a spaceship. I had a band of followers. And - this is the REALLY cool part - and, when I was being a scumbag, my skin went grey and got covered in Force-scars. Oh my!)

Ubi Dubium, Ibi Libertas

Quote:"I have suffered from being misunderstood, but I would have suffered a hell of a lot more if I had been understood."

2008-10-30 16:40
Find
Give Thanks
Miniar
Artist
Kintype:
Otherkin:

FALLOUT THREE!

[Image: Signiature.jpg]
"Those who can't approach discussion with a basic level of intelligence and maturity shouldn't expect to be taken seriously." ~ Qualia Soup
2008-10-30 19:57
Find
Give Thanks
Malakoi
Eager beaver
Kintype:
Otherkin:

I've been playing Spore lately. It's pretty awesome but after reaching Space the first time, there's not a whole lot more to do. New games aren't very satisfying.

I just bought Sins of a Solar Empire and it is.. massive. XD I haven't played it enough to give a very thorough review (about seven hours total of gameplay so far) but it's a real-time strategy game, space opera RPG. There are three playable races (I was disappointed by how shitty the humans are), and there's the option to play it as an MMO. It's a little slow in the beginning, the controls confused me quite a bit initially, but over all I'm liking it a lot. It got pretty good reviews from the critics and it only takes 1GB of RAM to run.

Also, an oldie that's a goodie (actually, it's straight up incredible!) is Halflife (and Halflife 2).

[Image: malakoi2.png]
2008-10-30 22:20
Find
Give Thanks
Grahckheuhl
Student
Kintype:
Otherkin:
Contribution: tick 

If you can find it, Freelancer is a magnificent space game. If you want an explanation of the game... well... the name says it all, to be honest! It's much more based around doing missions, but after you finish the story mode you're free to roam the star systems of the game.

[Image: dragonimage_156_312_pixel]
Give the guy some love!
2008-10-31 18:20
Find
Give Thanks
Archer
Suing You
Kintype:
Otherkin:

Chris Roberts FTW!

Ubi Dubium, Ibi Libertas

2008-10-31 19:01
Find
Give Thanks
simim23
Eager beaver
Kintype:
Otherkin:

And here, I was going to say Doom 3. XD

Simim: Rainbow poop at your disservice.
[Image: 313pq88.png]
2008-11-10 20:51
Find
Give Thanks
Annwyn
Super Moderator
Kintype:
Otherkin:

Fable's supposed to be really good and addicting.

Personally, I recommend "Star Craft" (all of the first one). They're also supposedly coming out with a "Star Craft II".

A good--short, free game--is Elf Bowling, lol.

--Sarah

Members: Gabriel, Lestat, Nico, Fenrir, and Nathaniel.
2008-11-10 21:36
Find
Give Thanks