Hide background
READ THIS!

Welcome to the Otherkinphenomena forum.

You really have to follow these instructions! Instructions will update as you progress.

If you wish to post on, or access most of the content of our forum and our community, please click here to register first, then follow the instructions below. If you have already registered, please log in, in the above "Hello There, Guest!" box.

Thanks for understanding and see you around.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hello there
ImmortalSeaSponge
New
Kintype: Mixed/Other
Otherkin: Yes
Contribution: new

Hello there
Howdy! I'm Ridley and use they/them pronouns (might be subject to change)

I'm new to this otherkin stuff, only realizing I'm otherkin recently and after talking to my bf about it, he suggested I reach out to other's to learn about it!

I don't really know how to describe my other form quickly yet, as it doesn't resemble anything I've seen in reality, fiction, or myth. But I will find a place for a description somewhere.

I hope I can make some friends here to help me figure this out! Cheers ☺♥

-Ridley
2021-07-04 1:15
Find
Give Thanks
Azaphaer
That Fly JetDragon Moderator
Kintype: Dragon, Cybertronian
Contribution: tick 

RE: Hello there
Welcome Ridley, hope you are able to learn more about Otherkin and yourself here at OKP.

I'm interested in what brings you to consider being Otherkin of some kind? You say its hard to describe your form and thats okay, but do you experience anything that leads you to think this about yourself?

-Azaphaer

[Image: image08.jpg?v=bf03c199]
Astral Dragon and Cybertronian Seeker
2021-07-04 17:56
Find
Give Thanks
ImmortalSeaSponge
New

Well for one, I've never really felt connected to my human body, I look in the mirror and it doesn't feel like me. I hardly recognize it as myself, more just as the body I happen to inhabit. I feel like I'd be more myself in the form my head envisions itself having.

Sometimes I get phantom feelings of limbs that aren't there, or it's the feeling that a limb I do have, shouldn't be there.

I definitely feel I'm meant to be something more animalistic, in the sense of something with fur, and horns, but then it also feels like I'm missing a set of arms. I know things have felt different in the past, but this is currently what feels right.

Not really sure how much detail I should go into but, I'm willing to try and describe more.

Thank you for asking!
-Ridley
p.s. I'm new to forums, and don't really know how to use them well.
2021-07-04 21:01
Find
Give Thanks
Bubbles
Friendly floof volunteer moderator
Kintype: Cheetah, dragon

Hey there Ridley! Sorry that I didn't say hey before!

I'm Bubbles, and it's great too meet you.

If you don't mind sharing more detail, it would be really interesting to know a but more about your experiences!

Volunteer moderator.
WinkIf you have any issues, questions, or would just like to chat feel free to send me a private message.

[Image: OKPbanner3.png]
2021-07-07 19:05
Find
Give Thanks
Elinox
Professional Pirate
Kintype: Lupine & Feline
Contribution: tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick 

Welcome to OKP!

I'm Elinox, a lupine/feline.

Maybe rather than describing how you feel you look, you could share a pic of what you feel you look like?

Other than phantom limbs, what else drew you to using the otherkin label?

[Image: sGaXcqG.png]
Banner by me. If you want one too, see here.

"You're the best kind of crazy." -Murphy, The Dresden Files
2021-07-07 23:25
Find
Give Thanks
ImmortalSeaSponge
New

I've only been able to manage one drawing so far, and I've done a few things on a site called picrew.me but idk if I'm allowed to post those (I'd link to them for artist credit)

I'll insert the small drawing I've done and try to describe the rest

I know I have 4 arms instead of the human 2. Having small wings on the side of my head where human ears would be, only one eye (left specific) as well as having legs that are more canine like. The hardest to describe is probably the tail. it's fairly long and tapers smoothly, with a tuft of long fur on the end of it (rest of fur is medium length) All colors tends to be almost black, and very desaturated.

(image below)

[Image: unknown.png]

I hope this helps in terms of looks.

As for other things that drew me to otherkin, I'm not super sure? It was a suggestion from my boyfriend. But I do feel that this other creature that I see myself as (who I've come to call otherself)has a bit different urges/needs/wants. and sometimes I feel more drawn to act like them than a human. One thing that stands out to me is the feeling/urge of worshipping the moon? And other general celestial forms in our solar system.

With all of this said, I'm not even sure if otherkin is the right label for me? I struggle with mental illness that involves dissociation and derealization. But I'm just looking where I can for some sort of info and community

(gosh this got so long woopsie)
2021-07-09 5:22
Find
Give Thanks
Bubbles
Friendly floof volunteer moderator
Kintype: Cheetah, dragon

(2021-07-09 5:22)ImmortalSeaSponge Wrote:  I've only been able to manage one drawing so far, and I've done a few things on a site called picrew.me but idk if I'm allowed to post those (I'd link to them for artist credit)

I'll insert the small drawing I've done and try to describe the rest

I know I have 4 arms instead of the human 2. Having small wings on the side of my head where human ears would be, only one eye (left specific) as well as having legs that are more canine like. The hardest to describe is probably the tail. it's fairly long and tapers smoothly, with a tuft of long fur on the end of it (rest of fur is medium length) All colors tends to be almost black, and very desaturated.

(image below)

[Image: unknown.png]

I hope this helps in terms of looks.

As for other things that drew me to otherkin, I'm not super sure? It was a suggestion from my boyfriend. But I do feel that this other creature that I see myself as (who I've come to call otherself)has a bit different urges/needs/wants. and sometimes I feel more drawn to act like them than a human. One thing that stands out to me is the feeling/urge of worshipping the moon? And other general celestial forms in our solar system.

With all of this said, I'm not even sure if otherkin is the right label for me? I struggle with mental illness that involves dissociation and derealization. But I'm just looking where I can for some sort of info and community

(gosh this got so long woopsie)

You'd be alright to post some picrews, as long as you aren't claiming them as yours Smile

You sound very otherkin to me, but only you can decide if that is who you are. But we are always here for advice!

Also, why don't you search around forums and post in some different places? You could make a post of your art in the art subforum if you wanted!

Volunteer moderator.
WinkIf you have any issues, questions, or would just like to chat feel free to send me a private message.

[Image: OKPbanner3.png]
2021-07-09 5:45
Find
Give Thanks
Elinox
Professional Pirate
Kintype: Lupine & Feline
Contribution: tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick 

I'm a visual person, so the pic did help, thanks!

I find the single eye fascinating. Do you think that's symbolic of something?

Have you looked into the possibility that this form is either a tulpa or spirit guide of some sort rather than you?

[Image: sGaXcqG.png]
Banner by me. If you want one too, see here.

"You're the best kind of crazy." -Murphy, The Dresden Files
2021-07-13 0:09
Find
Give Thanks
Azaphaer
That Fly JetDragon Moderator
Kintype: Dragon, Cybertronian

Welcome to OKP!

You have a very interesting kintype. I don't think I've met anyone with anything similar to it actually. Have to say your drawing did remind me of the Kuribohs from YuGiOh, although your description is still pretty different from them too.

[Image: WingedKuriboh-LED6-EN-C-1E.png]

-Azaphaer

[Image: image08.jpg?v=bf03c199]
Astral Dragon and Cybertronian Seeker
2021-07-14 16:06
Find
Give Thanks