Hide background
READ THIS!

Welcome to the Otherkinphenomena forum.

You really have to follow these instructions! Instructions will update as you progress.

If you wish to post on, or access most of the content of our forum and our community, please click here to register first, then follow the instructions below. If you have already registered, please log in, in the above "Hello There, Guest!" box.

Thanks for understanding and see you around.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hello Hello!
SilverStep
New
Kintype: Silverline
Otherkin: Unsure
Contribution: new

Big Grin Hello Hello!

Hello Hello! I just wanted to introduce myself and describe my kintype!
If you look, you can see that I see myself as a 'Silverline', basically, when I have small bursts of energy or rapid mood change or the like, a small spirit comes out of me and takes the shape of an animal/form that I can't control. It's called a silverline, not because I can see it, but because when it happens, it feels like sliver/metal sliding over my skin. Does this classify as otherkin? Also, I have been told I am wise beyond
my years.
2021-11-18 2:54
Find
Give Thanks
Bubbles
Pile of spotty floof.
Kintype: Dragon, cheetah, others.
Otherkin: Yes
Contribution: tick 

RE: Hello Hello!
Well, I haven't heard of a silverline before! Are there others of your type, or is it a unique one? I'm very curious and it sounds very intriguing! Do you know what the animal/spirit is?

Volunteer moderator.
WinkIf you have any issues, questions, or would just like to chat feel free to send me a private message.

[Image: OKPbanner3.png]
2021-11-18 6:35
Find
Give Thanks
Azaphaer
Member is Online
That Fly JetDragon Moderator
Kintype: Astral Dragon, Cybertronian

Welcome to OKP!

I see how you've come to call yourself a silverline, but would it be classified as a shapeshifter then? The way you've described, could you clarify whether you are the being turning into other animals, or is it rather like an entity that resides within you?

-Azaphaer
2021-11-18 18:16
Find
Give Thanks
Tdae
New
Kintype: ghost wolf
Otherkin: No

Welcome. I've never heard of this and I am curious for a more detailed description. Why do you believe it is a spirit coming out of you? Where do you feel it, and for how long? Can you communicate with it at all or is it communicating via touch?
2021-11-19 3:22
Find
Give Thanks
Elinox
Professional Pirate
Kintype: Lupine & Feline
Contribution: tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick 

Welcome to OKP!

What you're describing sounds like the Harry Potter patronus to me. Could your experiences be fictionkin in nature?

[Image: sGaXcqG.png]
Banner by me. If you want one too, see here.

"You're the best kind of crazy." -Murphy, The Dresden Files
2021-11-22 21:04
Find
Give Thanks
SilverStep
New
Kintype: Silverline
Otherkin: Unsure

(2021-11-18 6:35)Bubbles Wrote:  Well, I haven't heard of a silverline before! Are there others of your type, or is it a unique one? I'm very curious and it sounds very intriguing! Do you know what the animal/spirit is?

I have no idea what it is, and I have never met anyone else like me, but it's possible. I did some research and I never got a SURE description so I learned to call it a silverline. And perhaps a wild or restless shard of a spirit/ghost?

(2021-11-18 18:16)Azaphaer Wrote:  Welcome to OKP!

I see how you've come to call yourself a silverline, but would it be classified as a shapeshifter then? The way you've described, could you clarify whether you are the being turning into other animals, or is it rather like an entity that resides within you?

-Azaphaer

I would say, a shapeshifter would be closest to the feeling, I'd say, but it's more comparable an extension of me, but I can clearly feel where it is, so, attached, but not completely ONE with me. And when it happens, it's like, if you had something brushing against you and gently pulling you to do something, something akin making a fist, or jumping. So, like a spirit with a separate mind, but same body (but not in the physical plane). Similar a pushy sibling that tries to get you in trouble. And no, we can't talk, it's not human (or at least can't understand English) but I think we have a mutual understanding of each-other.

(2021-11-22 21:04)Elinox Wrote:  Welcome to OKP!

What you're describing sounds like the Harry Potter patronus to me. Could your experiences be fictionkin in nature?

I would say a bit, perhaps. Maybe the species is similar, but a patronus is a happy memory projected to protect you. This is just like a PMS-ing sibling that can't speak to you, but tries to get you into trouble. Separate entities, not attached anywhere directly, just somehow looped and I can feel their movements when they travel outside my physical body.
(This post was last modified: 2021-11-26 3:29 by SilverStep.)
2021-11-26 3:18
Find
Give Thanks
Bubbles
Pile of spotty floof.
Kintype: Dragon, cheetah, others.

Well, it certainly sounds like a spirit to me. How long have you felt this way?

Volunteer moderator.
WinkIf you have any issues, questions, or would just like to chat feel free to send me a private message.

[Image: OKPbanner3.png]
2021-11-28 8:27
Find
Give Thanks