Hide background
READ THIS!

Welcome to the Otherkinphenomena forum.

You really have to follow these instructions! Instructions will update as you progress.

If you wish to post on, or access most of the content of our forum and our community, please click here to register first, then follow the instructions below. If you have already registered, please log in, in the above "Hello There, Guest!" box.

Thanks for understanding and see you around.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hello!
Swiftpaw
Account not Activated
Kintype: Swiftpaw (Fictionkin), Cat
Otherkin: Yes
Contribution: new

Hello!
Hello! My name is Swiftpaw, I'm a 21 year old who's been in the community since 2015 and I use it/its pronouns. I'm fictionkin of the character of the same name and I'm also comfortable with the label of cat therian or cat-kin. I'm also also kith with Nightwings from Wings of Fire, and questioning another fiction-related identity.

I decided to check this out because of the recent "closure" of Kinmunity. So far it seems promising! My system used to hang around Otherkin forums in the past and continue to do so, but for whatever reason we never checked out OP.

I'm also in a system and I hope that it's alright if we make separate accounts, I double checked the rules of conduct and looked around the site but didn't see anything against it. We're very individualistic including with identity especially for something as deeply personal to who you are as otherkin. It's all good if it's not allowed though, since I'm the only one who's made an account at the moment.
2022-09-12 22:18
Find
Give Thanks
Elinox
Professional Pirate
Kintype: Lupine & Feline
Contribution: tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick 

RE: Hello!
Welcome to OKP, glad you found your way over here.

I'm Elinox, the admin and a wolf/werewolf and also a cat.

What fiction are you from SwiftPaw? I'm assuming Warrior Cats, but wasn't sure.

Please don't create multiple accounts, it can confuse things behind the scenes for staff. Since you're a system, I can change your username to reflect that. Then when you post, simply sign the posts for whoever is fronting. Thanks.

[Image: sGaXcqG.png]
Banner by me. If you want one too, see here.

"You're the best kind of crazy." -Murphy, The Dresden Files
2022-09-13 15:19
Find
Give Thanks
Swiftpaw
Account not Activated
Kintype: Swiftpaw (Fictionkin), Cat
Contribution: new

That's right, I'm from Warrior cats.

In that case I don't think it will work for our system, I'm sorry. When it comes to forums it's easier and less confusing for both us and the people around us if we use multiple accounts, and trying to force ourselves into one account for something as sensitive to our identity and so varied between us as otherkin can get frustrating. Thank you though! If there's ever any changes and multiple accounts could be managed by the staff we wouldn't mind rejoining, but it's no worries if it won't work out!
2022-09-13 16:11
Find
Give Thanks
Elinox
Professional Pirate

(2022-09-13 16:11)Swiftpaw Wrote:  In that case I don't think it will work for our system, I'm sorry. When it comes to forums it's easier and less confusing for both us and the people around us if we use multiple accounts, and trying to force ourselves into one account for something as sensitive to our identity and so varied between us as otherkin can get frustrating. Thank you though! If there's ever any changes and multiple accounts could be managed by the staff we wouldn't mind rejoining, but it's no worries if it won't work out!

Having a system name as your username and then simply signing your posts for whomever is fronting has worked for other multiples here before.

Sorry you feel that way.

2022-09-27 0:05
Find
Give Thanks
Arethinn
Grump
Kintype: Sidhe/Fae, Dragon
Contribution:

Just for a second I thought you were the Swiftpaw from like 20 years ago, of the website Swiftpaw's Tree. I guess be aware you've chosen a name old fruits like me may do a double take at, hehe.

Formerly known as Eshari.
arethinn @ tumblr and Dreamwidth | shyfoxling @ DeviantArt
2022-09-29 19:12
Find
Give Thanks
Bubbles
Pile of spotty floof.
Kintype: Dragon, cheetah, others.
Contribution: tick 

Kinmunity got closed?

Volunteer moderator.
WinkIf you have any issues, questions, or would just like to chat feel free to send me a private message.

[Image: OKPbanner3.png]
2022-09-30 8:48
Find
Give Thanks
Elinox
Professional Pirate

(2022-09-30 8:48)Bubbles Wrote:  Kinmunity got closed?

It was closed briefly due to maintenance. It looks like it's up now, albeit in "preview" mode.

Yesterday 15:58
Find
Give Thanks