Hide background
READ THIS!

Welcome to the Otherkinphenomena forum.

You really have to follow these instructions! Instructions will update as you progress.

If you wish to post on, or access most of the content of our forum and our community, please click here to register first, then follow the instructions below. If you have already registered, please log in, in the above "Hello There, Guest!" box.

Thanks for understanding and see you around.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hello!
Emi
New
Kintype: Alien || Ikran, Predacon
Otherkin: Unsure
Contribution: new

Hello!
Hello, I'm Emi. I also go by Whiplash in non-therian places.

I'm not one to label myself otherkin but I am interested in getting to know the community as an individual with experiences that differ from therianthrope ones in some ways.

I am 22 years old, a European resident, and an avid collector of sci-fi figurines and movies. I also practise some witchcraft and have recently started designing and printing my own oracle cards. I have an aquarium and some lovely cats, all of which are my closest friends.

My sense of being Other is almost entirely extraterrestrial. I have been aware of this since I were a child but often thought it was natural to feel 'alien'. I now realise my intense dysphoria, phantom limb sensations, and homesickness for specific exoplanets is not what 'teenage alienation' actually means.

My core self is that of a polymorph, though I admit I have struggled to understand that part of myself for several years and tend to go back on forth on what it means to me so I need to dive back in to that aspect. My most dominant species experiences aside from this are the Mountain banshee and Predacon.

Whilst both creatures are technically fictional and from man-made sources, I see them both as very real. My banshee side tends to dominate day-to-day life with very frequent phantom sensations and influences on my mindset, whilst my Predaconian side tends to manifest in sharp bursts or prolonged dominance.

I like to use art to visualise my feelings a lot, and the last two or three years has seen me near exclusively draw my nonhumanity as a means of expression and easing dysphoria. Two of my most favourite pieces are below, showing my ikran (banshee) and predacon sides respectively (click for larger resolution).

[Image: ikran.png][Image: predatron-copy.png]

I hope to learn more about myself and the otherkin community through this forum!
2021-04-25 10:41
Find
Give Thanks
Sonne
vampiric mongoose-cat
Kintype: cat, horse, mongoose, theropod, vampirekin
Otherkin: Yes
Contribution:

RE: Hello!
Hi, it's good to see you here :3 Also nice artwork!

My therianthropy and spiritual writings: [Image: 07sanctuary_sig.gif]
Poly'kin of: mongoose, domestic cat, domestic horse, winged theropod (erdenvogel), and vampire'kin (blutpir) [not a pranic nor sang kind of vampire]
2021-04-27 5:40
Find
Give Thanks
Azaphaer
Member is Online
Kintype: Dragon, Cybertronian
Contribution: new

Hey Emi! Nice to see you here :>

2021-04-27 16:13
Find
Give Thanks
Elinox
Professional Pirate
Kintype: Lupine & Feline
Contribution: tick tick tick tick tick tick tick 

Glad you made your way over here. Wink

How many cats do you have and what are their names? (I'm also a cat petparent!)

[Image: sGaXcqG.png]
Banner by me. If you want one too, see here.

"You're the best kind of crazy." -Murphy, The Dresden Files
2021-05-05 1:24
Find
Give Thanks