Hide background
READ THIS!

Welcome to the Otherkinphenomena forum.

You really have to follow these instructions! Instructions will update as you progress.

If you wish to post on, or access most of the content of our forum and our community, please click here to register first, then follow the instructions below. If you have already registered, please log in, in the above "Hello There, Guest!" box.

Thanks for understanding and see you around.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Headmates come out when I'm drunk O.O
vampyre_smiles
Copy cat
Kintype:
Otherkin:
Contribution: tick tick 

Headmates come out when I'm drunk O.O
Basically what the title says.Oddly, I can't always tell who'll take over before I start drinking and the last time I drank wasn't fun for me, my headmates, my apartment mates... anyone.

Anyone else know this happens in their system? How does the level of intoxication affect this or your headmates? Are there any headmates that have a different tolerance for alcohol than you even though you share a body? Does anyone have to stay away from drinking or at least be more careful (not that getting overly drunk is good for anyone.)

[Image: 2mLJ.gif]
2009-08-22 11:51
Find
Give Thanks
Miniar
Artist
Kintype:
Otherkin:
Contribution: tick tick tick tick 

Re: Headmates come out when I'm drunk O.O
I'm not a multiple, but I would presume that the alcohol would affect every member of the multiple system equally, since it's a physical process that physically affects the brain. That being said, each member of the system might react slightly differently to the alcohol on a non-physical level.

[Image: Signiature.jpg]
"Those who can't approach discussion with a basic level of intelligence and maturity shouldn't expect to be taken seriously." ~ Qualia Soup
2009-08-22 13:36
Find
Give Thanks
Archer
Suing You
Kintype:
Otherkin:
Contribution: tick tick tick tick 

Yes, what Min said - the physical effects of alcohol should be identical for the whole system, but psychological ones may vary.

Here's what I think is going on.

Essentially, most alcohol related behaviour changes are due to inhibitions being removed. (This is why I am deeply mistrustful of people who act very differently drunk and sober.) I don't believe the lie that alcohol "makes" someone violent or angry or slutty - in my experience, the person is already like that, but controls the desire to act . . . until drunk, when they act how they want to act. (Likewise for the friendly, talkative, entertaining drunks.)

Probably what happens when you drink is that when your inhibitions fall, with them fall the internal walls or barriers you have that keep check of who is fronting. How to prevent problems is going to be highly dependant on how your system runs, rather than related to being drunk per se. For example, you alluded to someone fronting and behaving irresponsibly/unpleasantly. The alcohol wasn't the cause of that - the cause of what was simply the system member being a dick. So the question isn't so much "How can I keep things more sensible when drinking?" as it's "How can I get all system members to act like adults and not be dicks?"

That in itself is a good topic to discuss.

Oh and yes - my other half is out a lot more when I'm drunk than when I'm sober.

Ubi Dubium, Ibi Libertas

Quote:"I have suffered from being misunderstood, but I would have suffered a hell of a lot more if I had been understood."

[Image: neverforgetm.png]
2009-08-22 21:46
Find
Give Thanks
vampyre_smiles
Copy cat
Kintype:
Otherkin:

Archer Wrote:For example, you alluded to someone fronting and behaving irresponsibly/unpleasantly. The alcohol wasn't the cause of that - the cause of what was simply the system member being a dick. So the question isn't so much "How can I keep things more sensible when drinking?" as it's "How can I get all system members to act like adults and not be dicks?"

This actually made me laugh. It was really more a matter of one headmate and my bf's personalities clashing. Although there is a headmate I don't particularly get along with, who is a bit of a dick even when not drunk, but he also handles being drunk a lot better than anyone else (at least from a motor-control standpoint).

[Image: 2mLJ.gif]
2009-08-23 9:49
Find
Give Thanks
Malakoi
Eager beaver
Kintype:
Otherkin:

Being drunk didn't effect my then-system very much. We did feel the effects equally from a physical standpoint. Iago and Puck handled themselves well, and I had to learn the hard way to keep my mouth shut. XP

[Image: malakoi2.png]
2009-08-24 0:16
Find
Give Thanks