Hide background
READ THIS!

Welcome to the Otherkinphenomena forum.

You really have to follow these instructions! Instructions will update as you progress.

If you wish to post on, or access most of the content of our forum and our community, please click here to register first, then follow the instructions below. If you have already registered, please log in, in the above "Hello There, Guest!" box.

Thanks for understanding and see you around.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Having a bit of a creative block.
Stig
Fly on the wall
Kintype:
Otherkin:
Contribution:

Having a bit of a creative block.
I've been working on a story that revolves around Otherkin as a main element.

It's based in a slightly different version of the real world. The idea was "the world as 'kin would love it to be." Of course the scope of this idea is very broad and nebulous and I don't want the story to be just another random paranormal story. There are many abilities or traits we ascribe to our kin sides, physical and mental shifting, as well as general psychic talent that anyone, kin or not, may have. Unfortunately, I can only think of things from my perspective and in light of the writer's block I've decided to pose the question here.

So I ask you. If you could choose, how would you want your kin side to manifest? Would you want to be able to p-shift? Use abilities associated with your kin type in myth and legends?

I look forward to your answers.
2011-06-03 23:02
Find
Give Thanks
Pyewacket
Copy cat
Kintype:
Otherkin:
Contribution:

Re: Having a bit of a creative block.
I'd love to be able to p-shift back and fourth between dog and human. That'd be so much fun ~ as long as it wasn't painful or anything! Not sure how else I'd like it to manifest.
2011-06-04 10:06
Find
Give Thanks
thetwins
Copy cat
Kintype:
Otherkin:
Contribution: tick 

More inclussive democracy - every 'other' or individual within multiple systems that regularly dwelled in that system would have a vote.

Singers

[Image: thetwinsbanner.png]
2011-06-05 0:52
Find
Give Thanks
Stig
Fly on the wall
Kintype:
Otherkin:
Contribution:

Multiples would definitely be hard to write. Not that I don't like a challenge. It figuring out of the show a multiple from an external perspective without too much explanation.
2011-06-05 1:50
Find
Give Thanks
simim23
Eager beaver
Kintype:
Otherkin:
Contribution: tick tick 

I'd like to be able to allow people to "see" what I really look like. Or somehow make myself visible to human eyes. But only when I wanted to.

It's not really the same as p-shifting: I never had a physical form, so that wouldn't work.

On a similar aspect, I'd love to have back the same kind of sensory input I had from before-human-me as functional as it was then instead of the "have to try for it to work" effort I expend now. Being able to constantly and accurately pinpoint energy would be much more effective for me than essentially waiting for something strong to show up around me so that I can sense it.

Aka I'm lazy.

Simim: Rainbow poop at your disservice.
[Image: 313pq88.png]
2011-06-06 5:18
Find
Give Thanks
Stig
Fly on the wall
Kintype:
Otherkin:
Contribution:

simim23 Wrote:On a similar aspect, I'd love to have back the same kind of sensory input I had from before-human-me as functional as it was then instead of the "have to try for it to work" effort I expend now. Being able to constantly and accurately pinpoint energy would be much more effective for me than essentially waiting for something strong to show up around me so that I can sense it.

Aka I'm lazy.

What kinds of things do you generally use this ability for?
2011-06-07 1:58
Find
Give Thanks
simim23
Eager beaver
Kintype:
Otherkin:
Contribution: tick tick 

Stig Wrote:What kinds of things do you generally use this ability for?

Feeding. Otherwise generally having a wonderful time looking at the marvelous world around me.

Simim: Rainbow poop at your disservice.
[Image: 313pq88.png]
2011-06-07 7:30
Find
Give Thanks