Hide background
READ THIS!

Welcome to the Otherkinphenomena forum.

You really have to follow these instructions! Instructions will update as you progress.

If you wish to post on, or access most of the content of our forum and our community, please click here to register first, then follow the instructions below. If you have already registered, please log in, in the above "Hello There, Guest!" box.

Thanks for understanding and see you around.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hatred of the Human Body
Unregistered
Kintype:
Otherkin:

Hatred of the Human Body
So against my better judgment, I decided to join a smaller otherkin forum that's focused on fox spirits, hoping in vain to get into some decent discussions about the foxlore and literature.

While the bs factor is certainly an issue, I noticed something else rampant there that I ran into also on the werelist (though obviously it was much more toned down on WL). People complaining about their "horrid human forms" and how they "hate this life, hate being a human so much". All this hate, which disturbs me greatly. Half of me wanted to scream in caps for them to get off the computer and get outside for once in their lives, and the other half started thinking about my own human form.

I'm quite comfortable in my body, emotionally and physically. I don't have an otherkin-specific problem with it, just the ordinary issues (periods, colds, etc.) that most people deal with. It's because of this that I cannot understand how one would hate it so much.

Am I just ignorant in this topic? Do most otherkin/therians/whatevers truly hate their bodies like this? I can understand some discomfort in regards to phantom limbs or odd sizes, but that's not the same as hate.
2008-09-17 22:33
Give Thanks
Deros
High School/College Student
Kintype:
Otherkin:
Contribution: tick tick 

Re: Hatred of the Human Body
I USED to be like that, before I came up with a startling realization- "This body is bony, lanky, has strange, causeless pains, and is in a world with only three manipulatable dimensions. It sucks, but it could definitely be worse, like say, in the next life. I don't know, and won't know until that future happens. So the best I can do is enjoy this life for as long as I've got it, because I might regret doing otherwise later on."

[Image: Banner-1.jpg]
I would have learned a lot from life if I hadn't spent most of my time being educated.
2008-09-17 23:02
Find
Give Thanks
Seraphyna
Administrator
Kintype:
Otherkin:
Contribution: tick tick tick tick tick tick tick 

I used to, and still occasionally do, strongly dislike my body...but not because of being otherkin. I used to hate my body because I'm not skinny, I don't fit the societally acceptable female body...or at least how I felt society viewed girls with bodies like mine.

I often feel that being human is limiting, uncomfortable, and has moments of total suckage...but what human being doesn't?

[Image: seraphyna11_zps47e1e313.png]
"All that is gold does not glitter, not all those who wander are lost."-Tolkien
"All that we see or seem is but a dream within a dream."-Poe
2008-09-17 23:08
Find
Give Thanks
House Hesson
cat slave
Kintype:
Otherkin:
Contribution: tick tick tick 

Most of us go through periods of not identifying with the body, the men go a little crazy at it being mismatched to them on an irregular basis, but we almost never truly hate it. Except when it hurts really bad and I think most people would start to hate their body a little when it hurts so much they can't move.

-Cat

"All knowledge is worth having." -Phedre no Delaunay

"Everything has a price." -Jaenelle Angelline

"I think if you try, that's being your best." -Echo
2008-09-18 0:27
Find
Give Thanks
Myenia
music student
Kintype:
Otherkin:
Contribution: tick 

Usually I like or love it, unless I'm feeling stressed. I feel the need to run then, and I don't mean run on two legs. In fact, I'm sure if I were to try to relieve the stress by running with these legs...it would make it worse. Stress makes me feel akward and stuck and trapped in my body...but otherwise, I'm fine with it.
2008-09-18 1:10
Find
Give Thanks
FangedWriter
High School Student
Kintype:
Otherkin:

I'm pretty comfortable with this body. Sometimes being so short bothers me, but that could just be linked to normal stuff though. The only time I am bothered by it is when I'm under stress or feeling my wing, then I kind of get ticked that it isn't there. For the most part I'm comfortable here with this form.

But I also don't believe I was anything other than humanoid either, so..lol

~I might just be a little bit of everything I wasn't meant to be in the first place...
but oh wow, the bits and pieces together create a perfect harmony."~
2008-09-18 1:53
Find
Give Thanks
Twilight
Eager beaver
Kintype:
Otherkin:

I'm generally at ease with this flesh. Though I have been living these lives in this realm for over 27 centuries.

[Image: twilightbanner.png]
I dare an agnostic to prove he or she exists.
2008-09-18 2:25
Find
Give Thanks
Malakoi
Eager beaver
Kintype:
Otherkin:

I don't "hate" this body. I do strongly dislike it, in spite of the fact that it is an extremely attractive one. It feels.. almost completely wrong.. pretty much all the time. I am extremely non-graceful and virtually incapable of playing sports. Any bodily motion that is strenuous, requires skill or relies on body-mind coordination (especially foot-eye) is very hard for me.

[Image: malakoi2.png]
2008-09-18 2:35
Find
Give Thanks
Motley
Elephant in the room
Kintype:
Otherkin:

Mostly I dislike the part about being unable to fly, and I wish it was prettier. But I think I've grown out of my anti-human sentiments more as I've gotten older. Being human is its own kind of challenge, and it has its own rewards.

[Image: motleybanner2.png]
"I inherited the spirit of the sun. I'll meet you when the day breaks through. It's time to shine and make all your dreams come true. Come on, wish upon a dog star!" -Hybrid
2008-09-18 3:14
Find
Give Thanks
Shiari
Veterinary Technician
Kintype:
Otherkin:

I went through a 6 month or so period of hating my body and most of humanity and then realised one day that I was being an absolute twat.

This form is capable of doing so much more than my old one. I constantly am amased by it. While yes, periods suck to high hell, even that's not too bad. I have functioning limbs, I'm fairly intelligent, and am in pretty good health. Truly, I can't ask for more. That doesn't make it feel less awkward, but I've gotten used to it.
2008-09-18 7:11
Find
Give Thanks