Hide background
READ THIS!

Welcome to the Otherkinphenomena forum.

You really have to follow these instructions! Instructions will update as you progress.

If you wish to post on, or access most of the content of our forum and our community, please click here to register first, then follow the instructions below. If you have already registered, please log in, in the above "Hello There, Guest!" box.

Thanks for understanding and see you around.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Greetings
Saoirse Fiain
New
Kintype: Selkie
Otherkin: Yes
Contribution: new

Greetings
Hi there, I've been meaning to properly introduce myself on this forum for a long time but never got around to it. I know many people here, but to those of you who don't know me, I'm Saoirse Fiain, Sao for short. Pleased to meet you.

In the therian/otherkin circles I usually tell people that I am just a wolf or werewolf. But I actually have another kintype that I've kinda kept buried for a long time. For years, I've always kind of thought of myself as a Selkie, and the stories of Fae and the ocean have always resonated with me. I actually have some memories of, whatever or however this thing came to be inside me. Some of which I've carried for my whole life.

I'm here to find answers, mostly. Because since otherkin gets smushed together with therian so often I actually don't know all too much about it, but I've been reading old internet texts, trying to learn.

Anyways, can't wait to start reading the stuff here and sharing experiences with you all. Hope to see you around.
2021-07-13 21:02
Find
Give Thanks
Bubbles
Friendly floof volunteer moderator
Kintype: Dragon & polymorph
Contribution: new

RE: Greetings
Nice to see you here, Sao.

I too didn't know about this kintype you have! It's nice to know.

I don't know too much about Selkies! Would you be willing to describe a but more about them?

And if you have any problems or questions, you can PM me or ask here, since I'm a mod. Always willing to help out!

Volunteer moderator.
WinkIf you have any issues, questions, or would just like to chat feel free to send me a private message.

[Image: OKPbanner3.png]
2021-07-14 13:22
Find
Give Thanks
Azaphaer
Member is Online
That Fly JetDragon Moderator
Kintype: Dragon, Cybertronian
Contribution: tick 

Nice to meet you Saoirse Fiain!

I'm Azaphaer, an astral dragon and cybertronian. It's great that you are finally able to explore this other side of yourself. I look forward to hearing more about your Selkie kintype. Hopefully here you won't feel so much of that smushed-ness between therians and otherkin.

-Azaphaer

[Image: image08.jpg?v=bf03c199]
Astral Dragon and Cybertronian Seeker
2021-07-14 16:15
Find
Give Thanks
Elinox
Professional Pirate
Kintype: Lupine & Feline
Contribution: tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick 

Welcome to OKP, person I know from TG. Wink

I was a bit confused at first because I remembered you from TG as just a wolf/werewolf. Although I do remember you mentioning selkie/seal once as a possible 'kin type. I'm glad you want to explore that side more here.

I looked into selkies myself, when I thought I was some type of aquatic fae so I'm interested to know what you think. Feel free to share your experiences!

[Image: sGaXcqG.png]
Banner by me. If you want one too, see here.

"You're the best kind of crazy." -Murphy, The Dresden Files
2021-07-17 1:44
Find
Give Thanks